Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 506 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Great TOC! I'm happy for "We Never Learn", it is not only in 5th (6th if HxH is ranked, which is something gray), but it is also getting a bangaihen! If it doesn't confirm its success, I don't know what can confirm! I'm more calm now regarding the future of the series. :D

If nobody liked it, it wouldn't have been published.
I'm talking about this thread, not the entire world. :oh

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Like i said last week for robot x laserbeam, dont believe the editors lies.

Nakurawari

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I'm looking forward to the Asou one shot.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Now that I realized that Saiki's author is doing an oneshot, he is rehearsing a new series?

Nemesis

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Very happy with the position of WNL and the bangaihen

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
So WNL = next Nisekoi?

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So WNL = next Nisekoi?
NOTHING can replace Nisekoi, but yeah, it is very similar. I was talking about this on Twitter at this very moment.
Tsuitsui Taishi drew Nisekoi spin-off, so I think he liked the series and Komi Naoshi way of doing things. Kosaki-chan ecchi was excessive, but "We Never Learn" has had the right amount of it although still more than Nisekoi. I think it can be the heartwarming romance that has cuteness as selling point instead of ecchi like Nisekoi was.

Mr.Fujimaster

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Now that I realized that Saiki's author is doing an oneshot, he is rehearsing a new series?
Probably, Saiki no longer receives Color Pages lately, the editorial support that Saiki had ended because of the failure of the anime.
Asou-Sensei probably wants to have a work with great success.
Kawada should do the same, he could create another series of martial arts.

Sorry if I disrespected any fan of Hinomaru. I like Hinomaru, but I do not see more potential.

razerxs

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Republic
Probably, Saiki no longer receives Color Pages lately, the editorial support that Saiki had ended because of the failure of the anime.
The second season has already been confirmed. That both guarantees Saiki won't get cancelled and shows it wasn't too bad of a failure.
I want him to start a battler.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Sorry if I disrespected any fan of Hinomaru. I like Hinomaru, but I do not see more potential.
Yes, neither one them are a great success from the start, but both has average to good rankings, so I think the authors also have this conflict inside them, it is a risky move to finish a series that are surviving in the magazine to try another one, not always it goes as expected. It is necessary a decent amount of talent and luck to get success more than once in Jump.

You don't need to apologize for stating your opinion, although there are nuclear fanbases here, Hinomaru Zumou is not one of them, at least as far as I know. :derp

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Also it's like Dr. Stone is a new manga, after the first 3 or 4 chapters everything up to chapter 16 was either trash or ridiculous. The worst of all is that even when the story is terrible your interest level in the characters still enables you to follow it, or vice versa the story outweighs terrible characters. Dr. Stone legit had neither besides Senku. Now with focus on Senku and Kohaku, who is actually 1.) useful and interesting 2.) drawn attractively like an actual girl and not a bug I could see why it's much more entertaining than before.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Also it's like Dr. Stone is a new manga, after the first 3 or 4 chapters everything up to chapter 16 was either trash or ridiculous. The worst of all is that even when the story is terrible your interest level in the characters still enables you to follow it, or vice versa the story outweighs terrible characters. Dr. Stone legit had neither besides Senku. Now with focus on Senku and Kohaku, who is actually 1.) useful and interesting 2.) drawn attractively like an actual girl and not a bug I could see why it's much more entertaining than before.
My situation was even more serious because I think Senku is conceited, the other guy was too retarded for my tastes and it was not funny, the girl was good for nothing and unappealing. There is no come back, really, a dropped series is a nonexistent series for me. If it is getting interesting now, it took a damn long time to happen.

Mr.Fujimaster

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I want him to start a battler.
Good choice, but what I would most like to see, especially in Jump is an eSports manga with elements of battle shonen.
It's a strange choice, but it would be interesting to see an eSport manga in Jump.

RafaFedKilla

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's a ToC like this that shows just how poorly Jump is doing...

shoyoboyo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Eh, I've said this before but I'll say it again. Kawada's style in HZ wouldn't really work well for a battle shounen. The character designs are really stocky and "wide" in a way. The design style fits well with HZ because it's based on sumo, but it wouldn't work very well for a modern battle manga. If he can adapt his style to be more cool and attractive, then it would increase his chances to have a successful manga.

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Happy for Kimetsu's ToC ranking.

The new arc seems very promising & recent chapter was funny. KnY's comedic moments have been really strong overall.

Last edited:

crazybear1337

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Shudan! in a bad place... I don´t like that.

Also I checked the previous TOC and SnS hasn´t recieve any Cover in this year thus far.
Is his annyversary at the end of the year?

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Another BnHA Smash chapter? I guess the regular chapter again has only 13 pages or less and Smash acts as a filler.

Status
Not open for further replies.