Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
Weekly Shonen Jump Circulation Drops again...sigh :

July-September→October-December/2016
ジャンプ 2,151,667 → 2,005,833 / -150k down

it's not just Jump,but almost every manga magazine.....

Compare to Shonen Magazine & Sunday :
Magazine / マガジン995,017→986,017 / -11k down
Sunday / サンデー330,000→323,250 / -7k down

Source and more magazine data /nswf/
 
Last edited:

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
Weekly Shonen Jump Circulation Drops again...sigh :
July-September→October-December/2016
ジャンプ 2,151,667 → 2,005,833 / -150k down
it's not just Jump,but almost every manga magazine.....
Compare to Shonen Magazine & Sunday :
Magazine / マガジン995,017→986,017 / -11k down
Sunday / サンデー330,000→323,250 / -7k down

Source and more magazine data /nswf/
That is what you get when you axe Bleach's successor
 

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong
I seriously doubt there will be another "big 3" series on the scale or Bleach, Naruto, One Piece ever again. Not because the big series at the time were the best written or illustrated but because they came out during a time when there wasn't as much competition and the internet was still struggling to get mainstream use. Not to mention because of these conditions they effectively raised a generation. So any "successor" that comes along with inevitably need to compete with a veritable library of other series that had long established their fanbase.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
The big 3 does not exist. It is a western invention.
Do we really have to go through this again?
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Big 3 is a title from 4chan...The community just ran with it.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Nah, I'm not here to bait you guys like some members do. I just state my opinion and since we don't agree in almost anything, it is always food for discussion. I like this way because we are here to discuss, much better than the boring rhetoric that everything is a matter of taste and not discussable.
I'm just saying, you're free to discuss what you want and we're free to put your opinions to in the same basket we put sharkbait's opinions in
I really don't see a different about "it have cute boys it's a masterpiece" and "it have cute girls, I will defended and whiteknight it although I never it"
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Weekly Shonen Jump Circulation Drops again...sigh :
July-September→October-December/2016
ジャンプ 2,151,667 → 2,005,833 / -150k down
it's not just Jump,but almost every manga magazine.....
Compare to Shonen Magazine & Sunday :
Magazine / マガジン995,017→986,017 / -11k down
Sunday / サンデー330,000→323,250 / -7k down

Source and more magazine data /nswf/
IF people would read Investor Z, they would know that there is a very logical explanation why magazines are dropping in general in recent years
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
IF people would read Investor Z, they would know that there is a very logical explanation why magazines are dropping in general in recent years
I've been trying to get into it but I just don't have time to pick anything new
you have my permission to spoil that part for me
please tell me, oh wise one

=================

KAITO new manga started today btw
https://shonenjumpplus.com/episode/13932016480028800124
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
At least Hiro Mashima has more clear romances than Bleach and Naruto combined. Or you gonna say is it only me?
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
At least Hiro Mashima has more clear romances than Bleach and Naruto combined. Or you gonna say is it only me?
Well, yeah, it's only you. That romance between Lisana and Natsu is awful. Seriously. But I don't think we should discuss Fairy Tail here since this is JUMP's TOC thread.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Well with Black clover getting anime and the second season of boku no hero academia shonen jump should see bug increase in new readers.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Mutou Black mangaka needs to come back. His insect miniseries on Plus was great.
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
Well, yeah, it's only you. That romance between Lisana and Natsu is awful. Seriously. But I don't think we should discuss Fairy Tail here since this is JUMP's TOC thread.
You can it is part of the big 3 now that Bleach got the axe
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
You can it is part of the big 3 now that Bleach got the axe
Please stand by while I exhaust my cosmos of REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'s.
 

IHateAsta

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
81
Reaction score
60
Age
30
Country
United Arab Emirates
OP has 0 romance unless we count Ivankov x Sanji :teehee.
Bleach's Romance is awful .
Naruto is the best among these 3 ,Sasuke x Naruto , Minato and Kushina , Temari x Shika :wub
but still Kenshin has to be the best imo .
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm just saying, you're free to discuss what you want and we're free to put your opinions to in the same basket we put sharkbait's opinions in
I really don't see a different about "it have cute boys it's a masterpiece" and "it have cute girls, I will defended and whiteknight it although I never it"
Basically you are saying that I blidnly defend anything that has cute girls on it. You are mistaken. I can give you a dozen of examples of the contrary as soon as I get home or you could see my dropped list on MAL.
All this began because of a series that hasn't started yet. There are things that I expect from a romance and if it doesn't fulfill the expectations, I will criticize it.
Since you guys don't see me criticizing the mangas I read as much as you wanted, I will start to give my impressions here (meaning the forum).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top