Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
How much has Haikyuu sold overall so far?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Basically you are saying that I blidnly defend anything that has cute girls on it. You are mistaken. I can give you a dozen of examples of the contrary as soon as I get home or you could see my dropped list on MAL.
All this began because of a series that hasn't started yet. There are things that I expect from a romance and if it doesn't fulfill the expectations, I will criticize it.
Since you guys don't see me criticizing the mangas I read as much as you wanted, I will start to give my impressions here (meaning the forum).
I can give examples of you defending blindly too
when I criticized Love Rush, you argued with me and then you said you never read it
You were hyping the oneshot from Tokyo Wonder boys author a couple of weeks ago although you admitted you never read it, you said you like simple and pure romance, that was inaccurate btw, to this oneshot which was clearly ecchi-heavy
I saw you Gangan Joker thread during AgK final chapter hype, everyone was talking about it and you know what was your take from it? "what did the cute pink hair girl do?"
in WSM thread you where asking about what manga is Hoshino? it have been running for the magazine for almost a year you only noticed it now?? after they put a cute girl on the cover? what were you even doing in WSM ToC thread all this this time if you don't know what manga is what??

Not to mention all your posts on the volume cover thread drooling over every manga with cute girl on the cover

and regarding "I only like simple and pure romance" why is your favorite manga Nisekoi then?
harem genre are about a self insert guy that can't commit to 1 girl, there's nothing pure about that
and all the girls, same face but with different hair colors, different eyes colors, different quirks..etc that's just fetish fulfillment, there's nothing pure about it that either

conclusion: you like cute girls manga and you clearly biased toward them
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
How much has Haikyuu sold overall so far?
Around 23,345, 822 copies (take sale from Oricon 2013,2014,2015,2016) so as of November 2016.

I remember 9 months ago it has 18 million copies printed/sold on one of the volume.

I think 25 million copies sold/printed should be posted sometime this year.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I can give examples of you defending blindly too
when I criticized Love Rush, you argued with me and then you said you never read it
You were hyping the oneshot from Tokyo Wonder boys author a couple of weeks ago although you admitted you never read it, you said you like simple and pure romance, that was inaccurate btw, to this oneshot which was clearly ecchi-heavy
I saw you Gangan Joker thread during AgK final chapter hype, everyone was talking about it and you know what was your take from it? "what did the cute pink hair girl do?"
in WSM thread you where asking about what manga is Hoshino? it have been running for the magazine for almost a year you only noticed it now?? after they put a cute girl on the cover? what were you even doing in WSM ToC thread all this this time if you don't know what manga is what??

Not to mention all your posts on the volume cover thread drooling over every manga with cute girl on the cover

and regarding "I only like simple and pure romance" why is your favorite manga Nisekoi then?
harem genre are about a self insert guy that can't commit to 1 girl, there's nothing pure about that
and all the girls, same face but with different hair colors, different eyes colors, different quirks..etc that's just fetish fulfillment, there's nothing pure about it that either

conclusion: you like cute girls manga and you clearly biased toward them
I read Love Rush completely, what are you talking about? lol
Tokyo Wonder Boys author oneshot I talked about the art because that was what we had at the time to judge. lol
I always honest there, Akame ga Kill caught my attention because of the pink hair girl, what's the problem about that? Again I was talking purely about art. When I read it, it will be another matter.
Except for Jump, I don't follow the other magazines, even more the TOC, which doesn't have any meaning in Magazine and Sunday, I go there to read the news and see the covers basically, sporadically criticizing Yamada-kun longevity (this one is full of cute girls btw). From there I just read Fuuka, Nanatsu and Yamada-kun, the rest I don't even know the name. And my post asking about Yoshino was full of irony because Magazine puts idols on the covers instead of their series. It was completely irony, even the question of what manga was because I can read Japanese and I could find out if I wanted to.

Volume Cover thread is all about art. I am a man, what do you expect from me? Compliment handsome guys? XD

Nisekoi is already a discussed matter, overly discussed at that. XD

Now I will give the list of mangas I started to read because of cute girls (I don't think it is a bad criteria for art) and dropped:

Soul Eater NOT: This one I don't have to explain right? XD
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun: Chiyo is still cute, but the manga proved to be boring, so I dropped.
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou: This one also has superb art, but it was not as good as expected, I don't know, it was too silly...
μ&i: Cute little girls been rapped is not fun at all.
Kure-nai: I wanted to give it a try because the art is by Yamamoto Yamato, but it didn't captivate me.
Magical Pâtissière Kosaki-chan!! (NISEKOI SPIN-OFF): Too ecchi for my tastes, even more when I read Nisekoi because it was not ecchi. Dropped.
Suzuka: I love Seo Kouji most of the time, but I think Suzuka was too ecchi and the start was not that good as well.

There are more... I come across many mangas on Amazon and download the sample to read, some are good, some are bad...

Conclusion: You have to learn to differentiate between my sarcastic/ironic posts and serious things and also when I'm talking about art and story.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I don't know man I'm kinda tired of people always bashing shippers just because they like two (or more) characters in a relationship or how they balance each other out. Like... some people really have genuine reasons to ship something and if it makes them happy what's the harm? I know some shippers can get pretty bad and I really hate that they actually sh*t on authors directly and send hate to everyone who doesn't ship or like the same pairing.

You have to admit that mangaka (and not only them) really use the shipper fanbase to make money, to string them around, to keep them watch/read the thing and it can get pretty frustrating when they tease a ship really hard and then they don't make it canon for whatever reason. I just think there's a line that you obvious don't have to cross, don't send hate, be an actual decent person... but people have every right to complain in private because sometimes that relationship that was really not "subtext" is the thing you care the most and the reason why you keep following and buying that product (and it's not WRONG to buy it just for that reason) so you kind of feel like you've been lied and used the whole time. Is it so difficult to develop just ONE relationship romantically (without silly love triangles or harems or other BS) between two characters and then follow though it til the end? I am aware of the fact that it's only fiction and you shouldn't get yourself to emotionally attached but... sometimes it happens anyway.

Also I don't really find funny when someone is truly hurting over something that made them happy in the past. I'm not saying you do either, it's more the general attitude in fandoms that bothers me.
Nothing wrong with being a shipper or a fan of certain pairings. Just it gets way outta hand more than it stays in line, which unfortunately alot of shippers are like that. Ships are cool to me and I like them but I never follow a series for them, even in harems which I read. I like plot, setting, story and characters before delving into anything else. Sending hate mail for a pairing not becoming canon is literally what I hate about shipping in general. It's just silly dumb shit that those people should really consider getting a reality check. I read Kishi's interview about Boruto and he talked about Sakura's role... literally the funniest thing I read all day. Simply he knows how much ships stir crowds and it worked in helping Naruto reaching great success (still would of been great I think even without the love triangle). Authors no question use it as a marketing tactic, hey romance sells. That's what bothered me from both Naruto and FT's fandoms: fans just way too concerned about ships at times. But at the same time I'm in no position to tell anyone what to read those for, if that's what you like that's what you like.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I read Love Rush completely, what are you talking about? lol
I went back to our conversation about Love Rush, I brought up Negima and you replied that you haven't read it
reading your post in context you were talking about Negima not Love Rush

oops, sorry

Tokyo Wonder Boys author oneshot I talked about the art because that was what we had at the time to judge. lol.
my point exactly, if the art didn't have a cute girl in it you wouldn't care

I always honest there, Akame ga Kill caught my attention because of the pink hair girl, what's the problem about that? Again I was talking purely about art. When I read it, it will be another matter.
see above

Except for Jump, I don't follow the other magazines, even more the TOC, which doesn't have any meaning in Magazine and Sunday, I go there to read the news and see the covers basically, sporadically criticizing Yamada-kun longevity (this one is full of cute girls btw). From there I just read Fuuka, Nanatsu and Yamada-kun, the rest I don't even know the name. And my post asking about Yoshino was full of irony because Magazine puts idols on the covers instead of their series. It was completely irony, even the question of what manga was because I can read Japanese and I could find out if I wanted to.
see above the above


Volume Cover thread is all about art. I am a man, what do you expect from me? Compliment handsome guys? XD
if you weren't biased you would compliment the art in general, instead of singling out cute girls one, also see above the above the above

Nisekoi is already a discussed matter, overly discussed at that. XD
too hard to argue with the truth about the harem genre? I understand

you didn't like those and? you're still biased

Conclusion: You have to learn to differentiate between my sarcastic/ironic posts and serious things and also when I'm talking about art and story.
all you did is reinforce the idea in my head that you're someone who judges manga by its art and if it has cute girls
literally sharkbait's bizarro
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
That romance between Lisana and Natsu is awful. Seriously. But I don't think we should discuss Fairy Tail here since this is JUMP's TOC thread.
Lisanna and Natsu?
*Looks up*
Dontcha mean Lucy and Natsu? Because so far I know, at least according to fans, has Mashima dropped this one romance in favour of Lucy & Natsu.
... though, in that regard, to say this romance is awful makes much more sense then.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I went back to our conversation about Love Rush, I brought up Negima and you replied that you haven't read it
reading your post in context you were talking about Negima not Love Rush

oops, sorry

my point exactly, if the art didn't have a cute girl in it you wouldn't care

see above

see above the above

if you weren't biased you would compliment the art in general, instead of singling out cute girls one, also see above the above the above

too hard to argue with the truth about the harem genre? I understand

you didn't like those and? you're still biased

all you did is reinforce the idea in my head that you're someone who judges manga by its art and if it has cute girls
literally sharkbait's bizarro
I read 26 chapters of Negima before throwing it into the trash can.

It is a criterion that works for me, there is a reason for that. I already covered this topic in one of my blog posts (this one is in English). I talk about traps and art style there. I'm not trying to promote myself here, it is just that the reason is there, so why I would rewrite everything. XD
I'm very rational, my actions always have a reason. You may not agree with my reason, but it is what it is art for me, mixing a bit of subjectivity but also very objective.

When I say that Nisekoi is pure, I mean that it is not ecchi like the majority of the romance and harem. Got it?

Sigh... I don't read mangas only because of cute girls... You don't know 1% of what I've already read it seems. :-_-
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Be nice, guys.
I'm being nice he started it

people were posting whatever new manga they are most excited about (that's cool right? everyone have different tastes we should accept that)

but since a lot of them were putting the romance one in the last place he made a snarky remark about hoping that the romance one be a successful series so everyone here would cry

(keep in mind that everyone were saying what they were excited and not excited about, they didn't say "I hope it fail because it romcom hurr durr")

so him saying that was uncalled for imo

everything that happened after that is me pointing out that he isn't better than them and by wishing something a success without reading it is as retarded as wishing it fails


also just to be clear, there's nothing wrong with only watching anime or reading manga for cute girls doing cute things, different strokes for different folks , whatever start your motor dude...my issue is pretending to be objective when you're not
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I read 26 chapters of Negima before throwing it into the trash can.

It is a criterion that works for me, there is a reason for that. I already covered this topic in one of my blog posts (this one is in English). I talk about traps and art style there. I'm not trying to promote myself here, it is just that the reason is there, so why I would rewrite everything. XD
I'm very rational, my actions always have a reason. You may not agree with my reason, but it is what it is art for me, mixing a bit of subjectivity but also very objective.
k

When I say that Nisekoi is pure, I mean that it is not ecchi like the majority of the romance and harem. Got it?
fanservice isn't just pantyshots and tits, there's nothing pure about wish fulfillment

Sigh... I don't read mangas only because of cute girls... You don't know 1% of what I've already read it seems. :-_-
actions speak louder than words, all I see you do is posting about cute girls
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I cannot even joke about the apparent complete hate for romances you guys have... Calm down, it is just jokes, here, give me your hand, let's make up. :derp
I will keep in mind that I will have to compliment boys now and then to satisfy you guys. Let's pretend I will do that and end this discussion. :3c
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I was willing to drop it and then I read this

I cannot even joke about the apparent complete hate for romances you guys have.
again, no here hate romance, people hate the badly written trash we keep getting in shonen
you don't notice the writing quality because you only focus on if the girls are cute

I will keep in mind that I will have to compliment boys now and then to satisfy you guys.
since I read your posts, I was hoping you were reading mine
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
What's with the 2017 drama? Let's get back to the new series hype and shitting on Black Clover
The first new series is you-know-what and I'm apparently prohibited to talk about that, so I will keep my mouth shut until next week.
Black Clover is a spontaneous topic, we cannot bring it up whenever we want, unfortunately.

There isn't much to talk about the new series, we just have a picture from each one of them. Unless we start to argue again about veterans being better than new artists... :oh
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Let's discuss Bamba the Man
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Banba the man is awesome. So sad the series didn't do good in the ranking.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Let's discuss Bamba the Man
It will probably trigger some people about Ole Golazo serialization instead of Galaxy Gangs. :teehee:derp

-----------------
Can't say much about Ole Golazo to be honest. Most of my experience with Jump sport manga is either completed (Captain Tsubasa, Kuroko, Eyeshield21, Prince of Tennis, Hikaru no Go), or they blew up in popularity (Haikyuu,), with the exception of Sesuji and Zumou.

Since its ranking is not good, I will probably never check it out :/
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ao no Flag by Kaito is Jump's answer to Koe no Kotachi.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Ao no Flag by Kaito is Jump's answer to Koe no Kotachi.
What is it about? Koe no Katachi is not a series that could be serialized in Jump, that's not like Jump... Therefore, an answer could go wrong... I wonder if Jump has to answer at all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top