Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
There is nothing else confirmed for that slot yet and Japanese TV scheduling is rather strict. If they make it one cour they have to fill up another cour with something before the next show starts in Fall.
Well some shows with shortened seasons ran reruns in their slots, so it wouldnt be something unprecedented.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Well some shows with shortened seasons ran reruns in their slots, so it wouldnt be something unprecedented.
It would be for this slot and other daytime anime slots outside of TV Tokyo. I'm not too sure about their programming as they air huge amounts of anime everyday but for all the other TV stations, outside of Conan, Shin-chan, Doraemon, Sazae-san and Chibi Maruko-chan, no other show airs re-runs and you can't compare these to other anime as the sheer attachment the Japanese have to these shows is incredible.
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I heard rumors that the developers for the MHA ps4 game is is the same developers that made Gunslinger Stratos so I figured its a 3d battler like Stratos so I am hype.
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
I heard rumors that the developers for the MHA ps4 game is is the same developers that made Gunslinger Stratos so I figured its a 3d battler like Stratos so I am hype.
Those aren't rumors. Byking was confirmed in the press release.

 

AllEyez

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
80
Reaction score
11
Age
32
Country
Mariejoa
One Piece 20th Anniversary New Game for PS4
- Title - One Piece: World Seeker
- Genre: Dramatic, Free Field, Action
What's dramatic?

Im not a game person really.

Never heard of that genre
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Not only did my boi Ono flop, he's failing so hard he's saving SW#1

I'm so disappointed in so many ways
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
An anime original BnHA movie sounds great. Bones could do literally anything for the plot like their own Flashpoint Paradox, where Deku SMASHED a villain so hard that both of them end up in an alternative timeline where Todoroki is a bigger asshole than Endeavor, Bakugo became a villain and All For One is the good guy.
Personally I hope it's a story about All Might's origin involving his training with Gran Torino, education at UA, rivalry with Endeavor and his "real" fight with All For One 6 years ago. That fight must have been 500% more destructive and powerful than the Kamino fight and only a movie budget could do it justice.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Those aren't rumors. Byking was confirmed in the press release.

Can’t say this particularly impresses me. Looks like the typical 3D fighter manga game that’s all about being flashy while the actual gameplay is boring as ass. Please have an actual fighting system unlike Burning Blood and J Stars...
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
How massive? If I'm not mistaken Bones were in the red not so long ago so this seems pretty ambitious of them to do.

Third studio?
Please, all studios are always in the red except for like Toei and Kyoani, the fact that Bones got out of the red in 2015 was a rare sight.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Issue 2/3:
MHA (Lead CP, 35681 Votes)
One Piece
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Dr. Stone
Neverland ※ Color
We Never Learn
Gintama
Black Clover
Saiki
Part 3s (Oneshot by Mizuki Kawashita & Nishio Ishin Color)
Hinomaru Zumou
Robot X LASERBEAM ※ Color
Haikyu!!
Yuragi no Yuuna-san
Golem Hearts
Spring Weapon No 1
Shokugeki no Soma
Full Drive
Shudan
Cross Account
Lycopene

Cover is a full roster:

Signboard: One Piece
First line: Hiroaka · Haikyu!! · Black Clover · Dr. Stone · Gintama
Second: Soma · Saiki · Kimetsu· Neverland · RXL · SW1· Hinomaru
Back: Yuragi · We Never Learn · Lycopene · Cross Account · Shudan · Full Drive · Golem Hearts
Always good to see Kimetsu, Dr. Stone do well and it's always nice to see BnHA and Neverland get color pages. Oh yeah, Full Drive looks dead to me.
 
Last edited:

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Please, all studios are always in the red except for like Toei and Kyoani, the fact that Bones got out of the red in 2015 was a rare sight.
No, majority of anime studios break even because the funding is structured so that they don't take on financial risks.

They do generally operate on a tight margin though.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
No, majority of anime studios break even because the funding is structured so that they don't take on financial risks.

They do generally operate on a tight margin though.
On a yearly basis, charts appear with how well studios are doing and they are always in the red, especially the bigger more well known ones, I guess that's where the tight margin applies. In the long run they manage to pull it through I guess.
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
Well, he was the first one to point it out, so they better credit him. (plus it was their source)
It seems like this is becoming the place where everyone is getting their sources now which i don't blame them lol
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
^my memory is foggy but razerxs is a girl, either way that's surprising cause crunchy really uses Yonkou for sources mainly, I didn't think they would use regulars too.

I've been trying to tell people 2018 is gonna be crazy if you're a fan of mainstream shows. How is Jump going to match the heat Kodansha is bringing w/ all their big sellers receiving animes and even movies? I mean you have MHA S3, BC will still be running, Soul Catcher but it's receiving criticism already and who knows how it'll do, and your usual longer runners (OP, DBS, Boruto) but I don't think that's enough new heat, you know? They're gonna to be shook.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
^my memory is foggy but razerxs is a girl, either way that's surprising cause crunchy really uses Yonkou for sources mainly, I didn't think they would use regulars too.

I've been trying to tell people 2018 is gonna be crazy if you're a fan of mainstream shows. How is Jump going to match the heat Kodansha is bringing w/ all their big sellers receiving animes and even movies? I mean you have MHA S3, BC will still be running, Soul Catcher but it's receiving criticism already and who knows how it'll do, and your usual longer runners (OP, DBS, Boruto) but I don't think that's enough new heat, you know? They're gonna to be shook.
Oh well, I haven't been here for that long, so my apologies if that is the case.

WSJ already have an extremely promising new lineup, but it could use even more fire power. After recently getting into a lot of Weekly Shounen Magazine's recent stuff, I can say they also have a seriously solid fresh lineup as well and Sunday haven't been doing that bad either in terms of bringing in new and interesting series.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
This is Full Drive's first rank right? If so, then RIP. Not the worst, but still pretty bad.

Also, Hero Academia movie is coming sooner than I thought. I was expecting a late 2018/early 2019. Can't wait to see what Bones will do with a movie budget.
I would've thought that they would wait until they got all the way to the current manga arc. The current arc feels like a good cutoff point to insert a movie. I'm wondering where the movie will take place in the timeline....

Also, it's been long theorized that the movie will have the cast take a trip to the States. That could be interesting. And I will die laughing if they even make a passing mention that the reason All Might enjoys great popularity in America is because he punched Not!Donald and it was revealed the only reason he was elected into office is thanks to AFO. Because of that, he paid the price by being AFO's personal fucktoy.
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
For Shonen Jump's 50th anniversary, I don't think they'll settle with just hxh returning (although great) and having one shots from famous mangaka. For sure they are gonna get another anime for one of their manga. Plus so much more. At least what i think
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top