Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
HZzzzz pls.

Damn that's disappointing for Golem Hearts. It's been great since the timeskip.

Also Komi e sports OS is really interesting.
Hence, why I would not say GH is a definite axe. I also estimate latter chapters as a better read. It does not have happened often but sometimes a series starts immediately low, followed by spots higher
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
GH was meh before the TS, it was meh after it. A 3rd Naruto copy while Naruto 2.0 alias Black Clover and Boruto are running is too much even for the WSJ readers.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,556
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
HeroAca is tumbling down, guess this overhaul arc lasted way too long.

Bring on #Shigaraki2018
It's only the seven piace...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
GH was meh before the TS, it was meh after it. A 3rd Naruto copy while Naruto 2.0 alias Black Clover.
?
--- Double Post Merged, ---
When the series I like ranks bad the ToC is irrelevant, when the series I don't like rank bad it's because the ToC is 100% accurate.

Every time.
BHA ranks is good
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
this week chapter of HeroAca is 164

now it has the same amount of chapters as World Trigger despite starting 1 year after it

btw BC is 28 chapters away from catching up to WT too
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I'm not expecting much from the HZ announcement. As people pointed out , why would they wait until after Jump Festa to announce it? That said, an anime would be a dream come true. I want HZ to be exposed to a bigger audience. It's such a great series.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Shonen Jump Issue 4-5 ToC:
Dr. Stone (Lead CP)
One Piece
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K
Haikyuu!!
Black Clover (CP)
We Never Learn
The Promised Neverland
Kimetsu no Yaiba
My Hero Academia
Boruto (CP)
Shokugeki no Soma
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Hinomaru Zumo
Gintama
Robot x Laserbeam
Spring Weapon No. 1
Cross Account
Shudan!
Full Drive
Golem Hearts
Tomatoypoo no Lycopin

Issue 6
Cover/Lead Poster Color: One Piece
CPs: Hinomaru Zumo (Big Announcement), Kimetsu no Yaiba, E no Genten (Naoshi Komi oneshot, ESports)
Extra Pages: Golem Hearts
Is it bad that I was expecting GH to be in last place? It's dead...

HZ anime finally or are they playing with us?
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Is it bad that I was expecting GH to be in last place? It's dead...
I was expecting it below Spring Weapon, but dead last caught me by surprise a bit. I figured it'd be above Full Drive or Cross Account, unless it's either of their final chapters. While Spring Weapon has proved that being dead last doesn't necessarily mean a death sentence, Golem Hearts and Full Drive don't really seem like the types of series to get such "gag comedy" treatment
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
not sure if I should post this here on in WSM thread

the author of Daigo Tokusou was taking fanart requests on odaibako.net the other day
and I ask him to draw Dai and Pop for me while expecting nothing, and today he sent me this



AWESOME!!!
 
Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I have not done this in a while so...

Ryouji Hirano (Bozebeats) favorite manga: Shut Hell



Tsuya Matsukita (Act-Age writer) favorite manga: Hunter x Hunter, Makoto Yukimura's works (Vinland Saga, Planetes...)
Shiro Usazaki (Act-Age artist) favorite manga: World Trigger, Samon the Summoner (Jag? is that you bro?)


Turns out I've been following Usazaki on twitter for a while. Interesting to see (her)? go from fanartist to serialization. https://twitter.com/uszksr

Also Fukuchi's been taking requests for fanart on twitter


(Had to request my dude of course)









 
Last edited:

Luca11

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2017
Messages
100
Reaction score
51
Age
33
Country
Wake Island
Jump Best Anime Mix tracklist:

1. "GO!!!" by FLOW (Naruto)
2. "*~Asterisk" by Orange Range (Bleach)
3. "Tenchi Gaeshi" by NICO TOUCHES THE WALLS (Haikyu!!)
4. "Ashita no Hikari" by AAA (World Trigger)
5. "Gekidō" by UVERworld (D.Gray-man)
6. "Hohoemi no Bakudan!" by Matsuko Mawatari (Yū Yū Hakusho)
7. "Otoko Ippiki Gaki Daisho" by Masanobu Shishikura (Otoko Ippiki Gaki Daisho)
8. "Waiwai World" by Ado Mizumori and Koorogi '73 (Dr. Slump)
9. "Get Wild" by TM NETWORK (City Hunter)
10. "Click" by ClariS (Nisekoi)
11. "Fast Forward" by Monkey Majik (Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan)
12. "Voice" by CLOUD (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
13. "Bari Bari Saikyou no. 1" by FEEL SO BAD (Jigoku Sensei Nube)
14. "JoJo - Sono Chi no Sadame" by Hiroaki "Tommy" Tominaga (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
15. "Cat's Eye" by Anri (Cat's Eye)
16. "Kinnikuman Go Fight!" by Akira Kushida (Kinnikuman)
17. "Seishun Satsubatsuron" by 3-nen E-Gumi Utatan (Assassination Classroom)
18. "Cha-La Head-Cha-La" by Hironobu Kageyama (Dragon Ball Z)
19. "Believe" by Folder5 (One Piece)
20. "Moete Hero" by Hiroyuki Okita (Captain Tsubasa)
21. "Ai wo Torimodose" by Crystal King (Fist of the North Star)
22. "What's Up, People?!" by Maximum The Hormone (Death Note)
23. "Baton Road" by KANA-BOON (Boruto: Naruto Next Generations)
24. "Kaze" by Yamazaru (Naruto Shippūden)
25. "Fuyu no Lion" by Hiroyuki Okita (Captain Tsubasa)
26. "Single Bed" by Sharan Q (DNA²)
27. "Kao Dekaai" by Funta (Dr. Slump)
28. "Go Go Heaven" by Toshiyuki Ohsawa (City Hunter)
29. "Tōgenkyō Alien" by serial tv drama (Gintama)
30. "Samba de Toriko" by Hyadain (Toriko)
31. "Hey!!!" by FLOW (Beelzebub)
32. "Haruka Kanata" by Asian Kung-Fu Generation (Naruto)
33. "Kibō no Uta" by ULTRATOWER (Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma)
34. "Innocent Sorrow" by abingdon boys school (D.Gray-man)
35. "Yume ~Mugen no Kanata~" by ViViD (Level E)
36. "Dadada" by GROUP Tamashii (Beelzebub)
37. "Make You Free" by Kimeru (The Prince of Tennis)
38. "Boys & Girls" by LM.C (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!)
39. "Hikari E" by The Babystars (One Piece)
40 "Donten" by DOES (Gintama)
41. "Moshimo no Hanashi" by nano.RIPE (Bakuman.)
42. "Rally Go Round" by LiSA (Nisekoi)
43."Just Awake" by Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas (Hunter x Hunter)
44. "Rising Rainbow" by Misokkasu (Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma)
45. "Ichirin no Hana" by High and Mighty Color (Bleach)
46. "Hanno no Runningback" by SHORT LEG SUMMER (Eyeshield 21)
47. "Hero's Come Back!!" by nobodyknows+ (Naruto Shippūden)
48. Michi" by The Sketchbook (Sket Dance)
49. "Can Do" by GRANRODEO (Kuroko's Basketball)
50. "Imagination" by SPYAIR (Haikyu!!)

I approve of "Go!!!" and "Imagination" being the first and last tracks: those two are freaking hype.
This is vol. 1 which may explains why it has mostly OPs and EDs of season 1 of multiple season anime series. But then why choose D Gray Man season 2's "Gekido" and not "Doubt and Trust", which is much better in my humble opinion?
Also Hq!! ED and not Kuroko's Oldcodex ED? And no MHA's "The Day?"
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I'm not expecting much from the HZ announcement. As people pointed out , why would they wait until after Jump Festa to announce it? That said, an anime would be a dream come true. I want HZ to be exposed to a bigger audience. It's such a great series.
Bad decision making? It's a specialty of theirs. xD

If this ends up being an anime, I expect it to be from Toei, it would make so much sense.

Edit: If it miraculously ends up being by Production I.G, or maybe Madhouse or maybe Madhouse x Prodcution I.G, that would be spectacular.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I have not done this in a while so...

Ryouji Hirano (Bozebeats) favorite manga: Shut Hell



Tsuya Matsukita (Act-Age writer) favorite manga: Hunter x Hunter, Makoto Yukimura's works (Vinland Saga, Planetes...)
Shiro Usazaki (Act-Age artist) favorite manga: World Trigger, Samon the Summoner (Jag? is that you bro?)


Ok, this makes me more excited for both. The Act-age author has fantastic tastes in manga. Bozebeats's author has a very interesting favorite. I have raised my attention for both now.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Screw Jump audience for not enjoying Golem Hearts. Adventure and battle shounen are dead. It turned it up to eleven after the timeskip. Save us, Kishimito.....
No they're not, Jump has a few and so do other magazines. We just have more diversity now. It's pointless to have the entire magazine filled with uninteresting battle shounen manga that aren't that well executed.

Is there flouride in the tap water in Japan? Seriously. What the hell is going on!? You are seeing the three main Shounen mags trending to romcoms the past few years and its just absolutely disgraceful.
You know what, I've taken the time to read a bunch of these Weekly romcoms and they're all pretty good-great, maybe you should read something before you criticize it. As I said above, what's the point of having a million uninteresting crappy battle shounens, just keep the ones that have some potential or a lot of it, carefully filter and select things.

It seems that the new generation really only wants things that look cute and aimless slice of life. Nobody wants heart-filled character development with unpredictable drama at every corner, making your skin crawl wanting for more. We were truly spoiled, seemingly everything was greatness back then. Such a sad era to witness
Oh no, we have some diversity going on! What a tragic sight. How sad is it that we don't have 10 uninteresting poorly executed battle shounens instead running in the magazine. There still are series with heart-filled character development that are out there... There are also other magazines besides Jump. There still are bad-ass manga coming out in other magazines if you want those kinds of things so badly. This more "cute" aesthetic has been here for like 20 years now, Jump is constantly evolving, which is for the best.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
this week chapter of HeroAca is 164

now it has the same amount of chapters as World Trigger despite starting 1 year after it

btw BC is 28 chapters away from catching up to WT too
Well, WT has been away for more than a year now, ofc BnHA would draw and then from next week overtake it. Are there still no news about what's gonna happen to it or Ashihara's health? Like will they send it to a monthly magazine or cancel it outright or still want to continue it "somewhere in the future aka hopefully 2018 and not 2019"?
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I feel bad for World Trigger's mangaka. He was living the dream and he probably over-pushed himself so he wouldn't lose this opportunity, but in the end the worst case scenario happened.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
I feel bad for World Trigger's mangaka. He was living the dream and he probably over-pushed himself so he wouldn't lose this opportunity, but in the end the worst case scenario happened.
I forget, did they reveal what happened to his health?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
nope, nothing, I don't think Ashihara even did a sketch for Festa, and even Hagiwara who have been on hiatus for 5 years did something

if I had to guess I don't think he will ever return to WSJ, just because beside Togashi all the authors with poor health get transferred out of the mag
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Don't get sensitive, was being half-serious. Besides sports series I honestly would try anything if it appeals to me from first impressions. For the medium of manga I like clean and easy on the eyes art so that knocks alot of appeal down for series that don't have it imo, ex. KnY which I've said before. Anime is mostly the premise, you would know within the first 5 episodes if the series is for you. There's trash battle manga, but there's trash romance too, a good amount of each so using the bad of either one isn't an great example. I'm not dumb, I know something can be bad lol, but it sucks to see when it's your "type" of series. The series I like the most are the ones that reverberate with me and have me hyped for more content. Romance and harems have done that (TLR, Nisekoi, Yuuna, WNL) but I'll be lying if battle shonen don't give you more adrenaline and excitement if the story and characters are invigorating.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Don't get sensitive, was being half-serious. Besides sports series I honestly would try anything if it appeals to me from first impressions. For the medium of manga I like clean and easy on the eyes art so that knocks alot of appeal down for series that don't have it imo, ex. KnY which I've said before. Anime is mostly the premise, you would know within the first 5 episodes if the series is for you. There's trash battle manga, but there's trash romance too, a good amount of each so using the bad of either one isn't an great example. I'm not dumb, I know something can be bad lol, but it sucks to see when it's your "type" of series. The series I like the most are the ones that reverberate with me and have me hyped for more content. Romance and harems have done that (TLR, Nisekoi, Yuuna, WNL) but I'll be lying if battle shonen don't give you more adrenaline and excitement if the story and characters are invigorating.
I'd recommend you to try and expand to some other magazines as well, I'm sure you'll find a series that you will adore somewhere, but you won't find it if you don't search for it.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
110826 *522122
*42130 *182561 ブ
*32615 *163000 銀
*24130 2225310 O
*21652 *110729 鬼
*16336 **78014 R
-
*13339 *289487 約6
*12807 **61314 D
*12663 **71715 ぼ
*11743 *526003 僕
*10690 *429126 約1
**9227 *406539 約2
**8668 *299929 ド
**8365 *331901 約5
**8160 *376079 約3
Sales (12/11-12/17)
110826 *522122 Haikyuu 29
*42130 *182561 Black Clover 14
*32615 *163000 Gintama 71
*24130 2225310 One Piece 87
*21652 *110729 Kimetsu 9
*16336 **78014 Robot x Laserbeam 3
- Below Oricon line

*13339 *289487 Neverland 6
*12807 **61314 Dr. Stone 3
*12663 **71715 We Never Learn 4
*11743 *526003 MHA 16
*10690 *429126 Neverland 1
**9227 *406539 Neverland 2
**8668 *299929 DBS 4
**8365 *331901 Neverland 5
**8160 *376079 Neverland 3
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Sales (12/11-12/17)
110826 *522122 Haikyuu 29
*42130 *182561 Black Clover 14
*32615 *163000 Gintama 71
*24130 2225310 One Piece 87
*21652 *110729 Kimetsu 9
*16336 **78014 Robot x Laserbeam 3
- Below Oricon line

*13339 *289487 Neverland 6
*12807 **61314 Dr. Stone 3
*12663 **71715 We Never Learn 4
*11743 *526003 MHA 16
*10690 *429126 Neverland 1
**9227 *406539 Neverland 2
**8668 *299929 DBS 4
**8365 *331901 Neverland 5
**8160 *376079 Neverland 3
Good job Kimetsu, yay! Looks like Neverland did get a nice boost from getting first place in Kono Manga ga Sugoi! I wonder if BEASTARS also got a nice boost. So looks like Robot is still above WNL and Dr. Stone, but now We Never Learn is above Dr. Stone, very interesting, well, all three of them are doing pretty well for now. I added up the boost sales for Neverland and so far it sold 62444 volumes because of it(more or less, obviously), good stuff.

So did BC get a boost?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top