Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Promised Neverland recomendation by Osamu Akimoto (Kochikame) - He recommends it as "the best suspense work"

Also clean version of lead color page
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Damn, I didn't even know the 2nd Neverland volume cover was revealed! I'm getting slow in my old age.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That was easily the best chapter of Neverland so far. I'm still trying to process everything.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
no more dancing midgets, it's dancing average-hight people

this week cp revealed a small version of sw1 first volume cover, for the 3 people that care

 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Bit of a disappoint cover considering the artist's color pages look great
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Anyone can post the Spring Weapon's CP here, please?
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Seriously curious why they're promoting the first volume if it's ranking so badly
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I never read SW, but i really hope it survives too.
I won't care if it get axed, I just... Like this kind of completely childlike gag manga, reminds me a lot of "Run! Daihatsu Tanto" from Bakuman
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I never read SW, but i really hope it survives too.
I won't care if it get axed, I just... Like this kind of completely childlike gag manga, reminds me a lot of "Run! Daihatsu Tanto" from Bakuman
Same feeling. If t got axed I wouldn't care, but at the same time I don't mind it staying
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What Jump series do you guys think have the best volume covers?
Tegami Bachi
Death Note
Had amazing covers that felt like pieces of art rather than a splash piece of characters from that specific volume.
I really like Bleach's honestly, especially since character designs are Kubo's specialty.
His covers were good for their simplicity but when he started using neon lighting and shading is when they turned bad also the fact that he would randomly waste covers on unrelated characters was also stupid like how Renji got the second to last cover when the volume wasn't even about him.
As great as MHA's art is, it's a bit sad the volume covers don't quite live up to it. The only volume covers that looked good is if it's focusing on a single character. Like #5 and, #11. Maybe Horikoshi might want to consider switching to Kubo's style?
He's gotten a lot better at them since the beginning and this goes for his coloring too. I like MHA covers for the same reason I like One Piece covers they're just brim to the rim with creativity from front to back with the adverts and having characters on the spine do the synopsis of the volume in character and the fact that the logo has a different cover every volume. I kinda want him to do the single character covers for special occasions like The Origin chapters that's why I love #5 and #8.
Hunter x Hunter
Really? I mean I love the manga but a lot of those covers are pretty meh and forgettable especially when Togashi gets lazy and just have characters in chibi form or a single character on it.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The new GOLEM HEARTS one-shot raw is here
Looks alot better then the other one. So he just wrote 2 one shots for the same manga? For what purpose?
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Looks alot better then the other one. So he just wrote 2 one shots for the same manga? For what purpose?
I suppose he really wants this to be a full series and went back to this once he improved his art and writing
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top