Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Bakuman's covers are good too.

Looks alot better then the other one. So he just wrote 2 one shots for the same manga? For what purpose?
One Piece has two one shots (Romance Dawn Version 1 and 2).
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Looks alot better then the other one. So he just wrote 2 one shots for the same manga? For what purpose?
It's not that uncommon, probably means they made some changes to make it more appealing as a serialization and want to see how the improved version is received. I remember Takuan and Buttsu did the same thing, a oneshot in Next and turn another in WSJ.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Naruto had some pretty great covers as well.

I think World Trigger may be my least favorite in the covers department despite me liking the series
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Looks alot better then the other one. So he just wrote 2 one shots for the same manga? For what purpose?
Happens a lot. Takei for example made two different versions of his manga Jumbor before it got serialized in Ultra Jump with yet another revamp. Naruto had two different versions of it as well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Naruto had some pretty great covers as well.
I don't have any strong like or dislike for Naruto covers they're just sorta there. That last one does get me pretty hard emotionally though more so than Bleach's uninspired one.
I think World Trigger may be my least favorite in the covers department despite me liking the series
I feel the same for Gintama (just largely bland really especially in comparison to other gag manga like Saiki and Jaguar), Haikyuu (still can't get over that art) and AssClass (mostly throwaway with the exception of the last volume).
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
people here favorite oneshot ever galaxy gangs published 2 onshots

and the oneshot that won gfc this year published 2 oneshots too

it's really not that uncommon
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
Wait... why i am the only one who think World Trigger cover are the best in jump......lot of them are just simple but.....still.......for jump SQ I really love sousei covers
 
Last edited:

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I feel the same for Gintama (just largely bland really especially in comparison to other gag manga like Saiki and Jaguar), Haikyuu (still can't get over that art) and AssClass (mostly throwaway with the exception of the last volume).

This HQ cover was great to me
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States

This HQ cover was great to me
That's definitely one of the better ones. For most part they're fine though but they can get pretty ugly.
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
I seriously think Neverland could go down us having one of the best Volume cover collections out of any Jump series.

What Jump series do you guys think have the best volume covers?

I'm liking Kimetsu no Yaiba ones. Stylish af. And how can we forget JoJo?
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wait... why i am the only one who think World Trigger cover are the best in jump......lot of them are just simple but.....still.......for jump SQ I really love sousei covers
They just don't stand out compared to the rest of Jump covers. If I was at a book store I wouldn't be amazed at World Trigger's covers if I wasn't already a fan of the manga.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
finished flipping through this week issue

Amalgam will either end next week or the the week after that, I don't see how it can continue after this arc is done

Hinomaru Zumou seems to be climaxing as well

maybe Jump will start 2017 by purging the 30k club?
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Wait... why i am the only one who think World Trigger cover are the best in jump......lot of them are just simple but.....still.......for jump SQ I really love sousei covers
I think the first one is great. But I mainly don't like them because of how they're colored. They look TOO digital. Horikoshi also digitally paints his art, but his digital painting is very well done and looks nearly hand colored.
To me WT art looks sorta like digital Wall Paper made from images from an anime, and typically I don't think anime art is as good as the manga art
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
finished flipping through this week issue

Amalgam will either end next week or the the week after that, I don't see how much it can continue after this arc is done

Hinomaru Zumou seems to be climaxing as well

maybe Jump will start 2017 by purging the 30k club?
Seems like that maybe the case since it looks like Dance Club could end soon
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
finished flipping through this week issue

Amalgam will either end next week or the the week after that, I don't see how it can continue after this arc is done

Hinomaru Zumou seems to be climaxing as well

maybe Jump will start 2017 by purging the 30k club?
to make way for another batch of 30k club? :derp

-----------------------------

For people who are reading Dance-bu, do you guy look up dance videos to see the dance they describe in the manga? Sometime, the art makes it hard to follow.
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Tegami Bachi
Death Note
Had amazing covers that felt like pieces of art rather than a splash piece of characters from that specific volume..
I limited my post to SJ series, so I didn't mention Tegami Bachi, but I completely agree. All the covers are a masterpiece. All color page that Hiroyuki Asada draws for that matter.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
I think the first one is great. But I mainly don't like them because of how they're colored. They look TOO digital. Horikoshi also digitally paints his art, but his digital painting is very well done and looks nearly hand colored.
To me WT art looks sorta like digital Wall Paper made from images from an anime, and typically I don't think anime art is as good as the manga art
it's not because Ashihara use digital .........but the way characters color and the background match up make them soooo goddamn good in my opinion.......but of course not everyone has the same taste...
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
it's not because Ashihara use digital .........but the way characters color and the background match up make them soooo goddamn good in my opinion.......but of course not everyone has the same taste...
Don't get me wrong, I don't they're by any means bad, and I think there's definitely a few good ones.
But in comparison to other series they're my least favorites
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is WT done by hand at all, or is it all digital?
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
finished flipping through this week issue

Amalgam will either end next week or the the week after that, I don't see how it can continue after this arc is done

Hinomaru Zumou seems to be climaxing as well

maybe Jump will start 2017 by purging the 30k club?
HZ is ending naturally or is it rushed? I hope it gets an anime ffs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top