Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
inb4 all these veterans have Nobuhiro Watsuki's curse :XD.

Good luck to all of them :hi.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Whoa, I go away for 2 hours and the shit hits the fan!
Yaiba in 2nd is freaking awesome, but Golazo so low is depressing. Its done for I guess. Plus 6 new series and those returning authors!! My guesses are 5 cancellations (red sprites spot is still empty=6), Amalgram, Spring Weapon, Straighten Up, Demons Plan, Golazo (in 6 weeks it will have enough chapters to cancel). I don't read Samon, but nothing else can really go at this point given their current storylines, although 7 possible weeks is quite a lot, so that could change. Or they could cancel 4, and keep one replacing World Trigger. Either way, cancelling the four newest series at once? 2016 sure was a shit year for them despite getting 3 hits.

Super excited for new Tamura and Fujimaki works. I really like the concept of Toteku, but it looks like this is a different series? Hope its interesting still. Dr Stone has a good team so hopefully that is good too. Pretty much all one can ask for out of a serialisation round. Good job shueisha. Looks like 2017 will be a comeback year. Im sure they've got more up their sleeves, and Sasaki let slip about Komi possibly having a new work lined up as well.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
According to someone on 4chan Robot X Laser is a Golf manga
 

IHateAsta

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
81
Reaction score
60
Age
30
Country
United Arab Emirates
I think it was KnY CH40 , Tanjirou's father short flashback and that badass last page.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I still do not believe Sesuji is getting cancel. The author is ending the series on its own tern. There is nothing left for that manga to continue. It diverges itself from other sport manga formula.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
I still do not believe Sesuji is getting cancel. The author is ending the series on its own tern. There is nothing left for that manga to continue. It diverges itself from other sport manga formula.
True, reading up to 72 it doesn't feel rushed at all (dragging on if anything) and I can see how it would get to the event that happened in the latest chapter within 10 chapters.

According to someone on 4chan Robot X Laser is a Golf manga
Golf with robots and lasers? Sounds Fujimaki-esk XD.
 
Last edited:

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
According to someone on 4chan Robot X Laser is a Golf manga
10号:ぼくたちは勉強ができない (筒井大志)
主人公:眼鏡
ヒロイン①:黒髪ロング明るい表情、正統派ヒロインって感じ
ヒロイン②:ショートカット眼鏡クールキャラ

11号:U19 (木村勇治)
学生服着てるから学園物、主人公の体格からバトルor体育会系部活

12号:ポロの留学記 (権平ひつじ)
悪魔主人公のギャグ?

13号:腹ペコのマリー (田村隆平)
赤ん坊のいないべるぜバブ

14号:Dr.STONE (原作:稲垣理一郎、作画:Boichi)
割と濃い絵柄とだけ内容はさっぱり

16号:ROBOT × LASERBEAM (藤巻忠俊)
予告絵だけで判断すると眼鏡かけた学生がゴルフクラブ持ってるから
たぶんゴルフ漫画
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
According to someone on 4chan Robot X Laser is a Golf manga
True, reading up to 72 it doesn't feel rushed at all (dragging on if anything) and I can see how it would get to the event that happened in the latest chapter within 10 chapters.


Golf with robots and lasers? Sounds Fujimaki-esk XD.
Unlike Kuroko, this sounds like it'll border on being a gag manga if not outright comedy. Given Fujimaki's humor, I definitely think he can pull off something like this. Bonus points if he pokes fun at his old Fujoshi fanbase.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Well I at least hope either the Battle series or Adventure series survives
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Official Descriptions of New Manga
ぼくたちは勉強ができない
・大学進学を目指す受験生・唯我の前に現れた二人の美少女とは・・・!?
・恋の方程式、キミは解けるか!?
U19
・全てが大人の支配下にある世界で少年達は・・・。
・新鋭が描くジュブナイル活劇
ポロの留学記
・魔界から人間界に降り立ったポロとは一体!?
・金未来杯グランプリ受賞の作家が描く!
腹ペコのマリー
・少年タイガのお隣に住む少女の秘密とは・・・?
・べるぜバブの田村先生が描くバトルラブコメ!
Dr.STONE
・突如、地球に史上最大の「危機」が訪れる!
・アイシールド21の稲垣先生とBoichi先生の豪華タッグが描くSF冒険譚
ROBOT × LASERBEAM
・あだ名が「ロボ」の少年がゴルフと出会って!?
・黒子のバスケの藤巻先生が描く高校生ゴルフ漫画!

Bokutachi wa Benkyo ga Dekinai - Romantic comedy. Yuiga will soon enter college. 2 beautiful young girls will appear before him.

Hara Peko no Mary - Comedy-action. Taiga is a young boy. Next to him saw a girl with a secret.

Robot x Laserbeam - A manga on the golf course. A young boy, whose nickname is "Robot" will change after meeting golf.

Dr. Stone - Adventure-action-Sf. The story begins with the biggest crisis the earth has ever known.

Gondaira's is about a devil named Poro who comes to the human world.

Kimura's is about juvenile activities in a world where all boys are under the control of adults.
 
Last edited:

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Guys why is anyone making any predictions whatsoever as to what series is going to be good before the preview page is uploaded and we can see which one has the best boys?
Maybe I've just come to expect too much.
I've never been wrong before. I'm cosmically charged.
 

Azure Warrior

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
315
Age
32
Country
United States
Remember what happened for Shiibashi with Illegal Rare or Nishi with Hachi?

That's why I'm keeping my expectations in check. All three of them may be big league veterans, but it would be crazy to expect three big successes out of them after their last works (I am a huge fan of Eyeshield 21 by the way).
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
U19 sounds like a Shonen version of Code Name Kids Next Door.

Tamura's series sounds fun.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
In 6 monts we we wonder why those 6 manga's ware canceled.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Bokutachi wa Benkyo ga Dekinai - Romantic comedy. Yuiga will soon enter college. 2 beautiful young girls will appear before him.

Hara Peko no Mary - Comedy-action. Taiga is a young boy. Next to him saw a girl with a secret.

Dr. Stone - Adventure-action-Sf. The story begins with the biggest crisis the earth has ever known.
All that takes to sell me. I'll check this 3 out first. I'm not reading a golf manga, I can watch Tiger Woods/Jordan Speith highlights for all that. I literally just started Analgram... sucks it's either getting axed or ending. On ToC no real big surprises, wish Yuragi was higher though...

Also does anyone know what magazine "Happiness" is in and do you read it?
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hmm.... So VETERAN mangaka are coming back? Who said that I couple of days ago? Hmm... And TAMURA IS BACK! I called it ;/

But BOICHI? Omg... I'm trembling here...

#RIP Ole Golazo. Guess you were not that kind of a man huh, Bamba...
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
They are not going to throw WT out yet, right? I mean, I haven't heard anything regarding Ashihara's health status, but surely he is still alive and able to return (someday soon hopefully), so if they're going to cut/move some series to make space they gonna focus on the newly acquired duds so WT as a sort of established piece is still safe, right?
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
CPs: My Hero Academia, The Promised Neverland, Black Clover (Commemoration for TV Anime), Isobe Isobee Monogatari (2nd TV Anime Announcement)
Another anime for Isobe? I mean... Really?

Remember what happened for Shiibashi with Illegal Rare or Nishi with Hachi?

That's why I'm keeping my expectations in check. All three of them may be big league veterans, but it would be crazy to expect three big successes out of them after their last works (I am a huge fan of Eyeshield 21 by the way).
There's no way you can compare Shiibashi or Nishi with Tadatoshi, Tamura and Boichi.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Tamura and Shiibashi are very comparable, their series went pretty much the exact same way in terms of popularity.
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
25144 362805 Souma
16872 253743 Gintama
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top