Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
New Series Preview color

WOW Gonhei and boichi & Tamura characters design are the best in my opinion......
but you can't judge manga just by char design...
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
I guess that's what the early spoilers meant when they said Tamura's new series was "Beelzebub, with no baby"
The baby will come too in the future :P
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I wonder, with it's success last year, if Yakusoku no Neverland will be 2017's Ace? I mean hell, it got more sales than several long running Shounen series :rofl
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Speaking of spoilers, holyshit Gintama spoilers though.
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Well it's more popular internationally.

Idk if International sales for DB Merch outsell Japan's sales for OP Merch. I'd imagine it does though
For a long time, since 2011, One Piece have had more overseas Merchandise sales than Dragon Ball, but last year due to Dragon Ball Super popularity and the movies Dragon Ball was able to make a come back. Earning Toei Animation 1.478 Billion yen overseas as Licensing, while One Piece did less with 1.431 Billion yen.
Though, if we count the Domestic License sales One Piece is still first with 4.871 Billion yen against 3.425 Billion yen.

There is also data until the 2nd quarter of 2016 financial year(the year ends in March of 2017) and right now we have:
Overseas licensing sales:
Dragon Ball: 1.306 Billion yen
One Piece: 0.801 Billion yen

Domestic licensing sales:

One Piece: 2.125 Billion yen
Dragon Ball: 1.627 Billion yen

International licensing sales:

Dragon Ball: 2.933 Billion yen
One Piece: 2.926 Billion yen

Next Month we will be getting data until 3rd quarter of 2016 financial year!

Source:http://corp.toei-anim.co.jp/ir/materials/library.php
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
No Baby, no money...
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Well I am pretty excited that golf manga. Let's see how that will play out
Yeah let's see if the mangaka can preform a miracle by making something interesting about Golf :kappa
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yeah let's see if the mangaka can preform a miracle by making something interesting about Golf :kappa
He will proably do something ridiculous like a one shot hole with "beyond human capabilities curves", etc. I called it.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
He will proably do something ridiculous like a one shot hole with "beyond human capabilities curves", etc. I called it.
I'll be seconding this :whistle

"The 10 Dimensional Sense" or something.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This will not be the first popular Golf series in the magazine!
Rising Impact, I'm a proud owner. Bless Nakaba Suzuki for giving us a golf and figure skating manga
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
This will not be the first popular Golf series in the magazine!
With superpowers that can shake the very core of this sport, it will. And with ROBOTS.

But really... Why would somebody put robots and golf together... Isn't simply cheating? "They can calculate everything and make 100% perfect shots."
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
With superpowers that can shake the very core of this sport, it will. And with ROBOTS.

But really... Why would somebody put robots and golf together... Isn't simply cheating? "They can calculate everything and make 100% perfect shots."
You forgot the laser beams...
 

justanotherone

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Messages
315
Reaction score
101
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Since someone wants to read it, this is somehow a spoiler (but people already discussed it here so I'm not sure...)

Anyway Beelzebub romance was bad simply because it was all teasing that didn't go anywhere... I mean it was really clear that both Hilda (all those ship teases with the "other Hilda" were??? The general blushing and jealousy with the girls???) and Aoi (this we know for sure) were in "love" with Oga. Though the one with Aoi was handled better, Hilda's romance plot was basically ignored and forgotten by the end. I say if you're going to do this, don't tease anything at all and have zero romance without baiting.
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
All the new series look exciting especially about Boichi (after HJ'dead I was hugely expecting another scientific manga) and Tamura
I'm curios to see the new work of Fujimaki, and a bit interested with the series of the child that's reading a book.
My guess about the series that will end:
Hinomaru zumou
sesuji wo pin
Robot n1
Devil plan
amalgam of disortion
Gintama/isobee
I think samon kun will survive.
Anyway, I'm curios to see which of these one will survive
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You forgot the laser beams...
yes, yes, how could I forget? So it will be like what? A "real steel" kind of thing? The glasses boy will shake its golf club and the robot will mimic using its LASER BEAM club? Like Star Wars.

More like "real steal".

I sooo called this shit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top