Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
What was Demon's Plan main issue? I'm not good with stuff like this, I just read and if it's interesting I follow it
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
unoriginal premise
bland cast
pacing issue
no world building
unrefined art
bad narrative
unnecessary drama
abusing shock effect
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Salvia was bland as shit and the pacing when they skipped over the entire boat ride was kinda weird. True true
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I feel like the author of Demon's Plan was serialized way too soon in his career. It's fairly obvious that he's a beginner in the industry and he hasn't built a solid formula to crafting manga. He could use another year or two to build his skills before returning to the magazine.

Gotta be honest though. I probably won't be too excited seeing his name again on a new serialization years from now.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Poro is going to be the next Tokyo Wonder Boys. They picked the wrong GFC winner. How can you not craft a serialization about a mythical creatures doctor, and decide to do Pochi Kuro x Anagle Mole? No heart, no vision, no creativity. Shame on the editors. Sad!
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,078
Reaction score
6,935
Gender
Male
Country
United States
unoriginal premise
bland cast
pacing issue
no world building
unrefined art
bad narrative
unnecessary drama
abusing shock effect
Only someone who doesnt read Demon's Plan would think this. Bland cast, unrefined art, bad narrative, what?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Only someone who doesnt read Demon's Plan would think this. Bland cast, unrefined art, bad narrative, what?
Only someone who doesnt read Demon's Plan would think this. for example someone who only like manga if it had pretty boys in it
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
My thoughts exactly. Number 3 is instacancelled.

You need a real romance dude. Nisekoi probably took a few good months of your life.
I've read a lot of romances, it is the genre I always look for because, guess what? I'm not interested in deep stories, full of details and "good" by your measures. I'm looking for pure and simple romance, love, with comedy to top it off. I like Nisekoi because it was the funniest for me, I had so much fun reading it. That's it, in short. Fun... :)
If you are interested in a long answer for why I liked Nisekoi, you can read my post about the series in my humble blog. XD
http://paleatorio.blogspot.com.br/2016/08/review-nisekoi.html
(Sorry, guys, it is in Portuguese. XD)

Of course there are series I am much more analytical, they are fun and at the same time require more attention. You can treat series differently by what you expect from them. However, it is not like I like Nisekoi thoughtlessly, my post makes it evident. XD
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
unoriginal premise
bland cast
pacing issue
no world building
unrefined art
bad narrative
unnecessary drama
abusing shock effect
This tbh. I thought that only I didn't like the art.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Tsugumi's ending still triggers me smh. Bae looked good though
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Poro is going to be the next Tokyo Wonder Boys. They picked the wrong GFC winner. How can you not craft a serialization about a mythical creatures doctor, and decide to do Pochi Kuro x Anagle Mole? No heart, no vision, no creativity. Shame on the editors. Sad!
Even with all its flaws I really, really wanted Toteku to get serialized, but Pochi Kuro x Anagle Mole sounds like the perfect manga. I mean, it'd get canceled before it even started given how those two ended up, but still.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
I remember enjoying the first half of Nisekoi.....but second half was crap,even for someone like me who like romance manga.....
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
I've read a lot of romances, it is the genre I always look for because, guess what? I'm not interested in deep stories, full of details and "good" by your measures. I'm looking for pure and simple romance, love, with comedy to top it off. I like Nisekoi because it was the funniest for me, I had so much fun reading it. That's it, in short. Fun... :)
If you are interested in a long answer for why I liked Nisekoi, you can read my post about the series in my humble blog. XD
http://paleatorio.blogspot.com.br/2016/08/review-nisekoi.html
(Sorry, guys, it is in Portuguese. XD)

Of course there are series I am much more analytical, they are fun and at the same time require more attention. You can treat series differently by what you expect from them. However, it is not like I like Nisekoi thoughtlessly, my post makes it evident. XD
First time I see someone talking only good stuff about Nisekoi in a non ironically way. smh tbh
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I remember enjoying the first half of Nisekoi.....but second half was crap,even for someone like me who like romance manga.....
The worst thing was just how Raku's harem was just dropping like flies, the author made it super predictable that Chitoge was gonna be endgame... I mean yeah she was the first girl introduced so she was always the favorite but the way it happened was whack.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Only someone who doesnt read Demon's Plan would think this. for example someone who only like manga if it had pretty boys in it
I see no way that anyone can like Demon's Plan for the "cute boys". The art is so unrefined and the characters are pretty ugly.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Even with all its flaws I really, really wanted Toteku to get serialized, but Pochi Kuro x Anagle Mole sounds like the perfect manga. I mean, it'd get canceled before it even started given how those two ended up, but still.
I know right, I was like how is this an insult, but poro looks so much different from everything else it might just work

it worked for assclass not so much spring weapon


We're talking about Demon's Plan not Black Clover! :3c
bc should've flopped imo

I see no way that anyone can like Demon's Plan for the "cute boys". The art is so unrefined and the characters are pretty ugly.
this is the same person that think Hi-Fi Cluster had pretty boys
who knows how his mind work
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I have a friend that is legitmately crushed that Demon's Plan is getting axed. He thought it was the best new Jump manga since Toriko, and it honestly baffles me why he's so in love with it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top