Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
They were terrible. My god Takei's favoritism towards Anna was so blatant.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

By pushing it to the side and not really developing it?

Kenshin is really the only series I think it which the romance ties incredibly well to the plot and actually does a great job in strengthening characters rather than weakening it (this has always been a problem with battle shounen manga in which if the MC hooks up it with his sweetheart it automatically believes that she has to be a bitch or non-existent). Also not sure if this classifies by "battle shounen" standards but Rokudenashi Blues had a well done romance as well.
I don't remember Kenshin because I haven't seen it since I was like 7.
But I liked Yusuke's and Keiko's relationship a lot
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Buzzfeed Japan did a story about "I died and got reincarnated as Yamucha" manga

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tsunehikonishimaki/reincarnation-yamcha?utm_term=.dc45Pqm1nE#.opAVOrKpba

-Editors thought of the idea while drunk
-Toriyama gave them his approval
-it got huge reception and got them a lot of people traffic
-Shueisha have been keeping their eyes on Dragon Garrow Lee for a while
-they rushed out the first chapter because they wanted it to air during Yamucha's baseball filler
-their will be a continuation for it
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I am aware that you guys think that Bakuman romance is bland and uninteresting, but I kinda like it.. I like the pure ones...
I am more and more establishing my position as the one with unconventional opinions. :derp
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I can't really think of a battle manga with legitimately good romance. Sure, there are those that have great romantic moments here and there, but they are all too stretched out and vague for me to consider them great or anything. Not that it matters.
I can remember Inuyasha... Not sure if we're talking jump only though.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Ohba can't write an epilogue, or female characters. Bakuman's romance is silly but I can kinda see it (love at first sight an all that), and the last arc is just for drama.

Video Girl Ai romance is good, but I don't like Video Girl Len.

------

I subs to Viz just so I can see the 6 new series, and the price is a steal. I only followed 3 series from the Viz line up currently (4 if you count Boruto). Wish they add Haikyuu :/. Kimetsu would be real nice, so I actually have a reason to catch up to it.
-------------------

About the new author, Dr. Stone characters design are the best out of the 6 in my opinion. Eyeshield21 is definitely my top 5 favorite series, so I am looking forward to Inagaki's work.

Not a big fan of same face characters design. Regardless, I enjoyed Beelzebub so I cannot wait to see Tamura's Hungry Marie. Same thing with Robot x Laserbeam.

I enjoyed Gondaira's oneshot with the doctor thingy. Last two series I have no idea, but still can't wait to check them all out.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Man like 4 pages all on the topic of romance in shonens lol good job Leoat. After watching Bleach's meltdown of Ichigo and Rukia not being endgame I hope something like that happens at the end of OP and FT. Ships wars and drama are so dumb but so funny to watch.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Man like 4 pages all on the topic of romance in shonens lol good job Leoat. After watching Bleach's meltdown of Ichigo and Rukia not being endgame I hope something like that happens at the end of OP and FT. Ships wars and drama are so dumb but so funny to watch.
People like to contradict my opinion, so it is always a blast. :derp
But seriously, what did you guys talk about when I was away of the forum? Black Clover 24/7? :3c
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
People like to contradict my opinion, so it is always a blast. :derp
But seriously, what did you guys talk about when I was away of the forum? Black Clover 24/7? :3c
My Hero Academia anime was a success/failure to boost the manga sale.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
"I'm a contrarian"

-sharkbait's bizarro

we know
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
"People like to contradict my opinion, so it is always a blast"

I'm breaking down your posts to its core obviously
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
Man like 4 pages all on the topic of romance in shonens lol good job Leoat. After watching Bleach's meltdown of Ichigo and Rukia not being endgame I hope something like that happens at the end of OP and FT. Ships wars and drama are so dumb but so funny to watch.
Oda has an actual story to tell unlike Mashima and Kubo so there won't be no shitty forced romance.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Oda has an actual story to tell unlike Mashima and Kubo so there won't be no shitty forced romance.
Hasnt Oda said that Romance isn't the main point of One Piece so he won't be focussing on it at all?
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
Again. all Kimetsu no Yaiba volumes in top 500 of shoseki ranking this week.....
339 9784088807232 鬼滅の刃 1
370 9784088807553 鬼滅の刃 2
380 9784088807959 鬼滅の刃 3
383 9784088808260 鬼滅の刃 4

After two month, Neverland vol.1 still in the top 200 ...... really impressive
185 9784088808727 約束のネバーランド 1

30位21850/50位15750/100位10500/200位5550/300位3800/400位2950/500位2450
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
In before Fire Punch wins Manga Taisho Award.
In reality it wasn't retarded, just funny.

Also it seems like something up there, because the 2 older people on earth for some reason have some sick fascination about movies.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
"People like to contradict my opinion, so it is always a blast"

I'm breaking down your posts to its core obviously
Nah, I'm not here to bait you guys like some members do. I just state my opinion and since we don't agree in almost anything, it is always food for discussion. I like this way because we are here to discuss, much better than the boring rhetoric that everything is a matter of taste and not discussable.
 

justanotherone

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Messages
315
Reaction score
101
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Man like 4 pages all on the topic of romance in shonens lol good job Leoat. After watching Bleach's meltdown of Ichigo and Rukia not being endgame I hope something like that happens at the end of OP and FT. Ships wars and drama are so dumb but so funny to watch.
I don't know man I'm kinda tired of people always bashing shippers just because they like two (or more) characters in a relationship or how they balance each other out. Like... some people really have genuine reasons to ship something and if it makes them happy what's the harm? I know some shippers can get pretty bad and I really hate that they actually sh*t on authors directly and send hate to everyone who doesn't ship or like the same pairing.

You have to admit that mangaka (and not only them) really use the shipper fanbase to make money, to string them around, to keep them watch/read the thing and it can get pretty frustrating when they tease a ship really hard and then they don't make it canon for whatever reason. I just think there's a line that you obvious don't have to cross, don't send hate, be an actual decent person... but people have every right to complain in private because sometimes that relationship that was really not "subtext" is the thing you care the most and the reason why you keep following and buying that product (and it's not WRONG to buy it just for that reason) so you kind of feel like you've been lied and used the whole time. Is it so difficult to develop just ONE relationship romantically (without silly love triangles or harems or other BS) between two characters and then follow though it til the end? I am aware of the fact that it's only fiction and you shouldn't get yourself to emotionally attached but... sometimes it happens anyway.

Also I don't really find funny when someone is truly hurting over something that made them happy in the past. I'm not saying you do either, it's more the general attitude in fandoms that bothers me.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Again. all Kimetsu no Yaiba volumes in top 500 of shoseki ranking this week.....
339 9784088807232 鬼滅の刃 1
370 9784088807553 鬼滅の刃 2
380 9784088807959 鬼滅の刃 3
383 9784088808260 鬼滅の刃 4

After two month, Neverland vol.1 still in the top 200 ...... really impressive
185 9784088808727 約束のネバーランド 1

30位21850/50位15750/100位10500/200位5550/300位3800/400位2950/500位2450
So how many volumes has the first volume of Neverland sold so far? 100k or more?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top