Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I love VETERAN mangaka. =)
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hopefully this week (with the color page and etc) we'll have some news about Black Clover's anime.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
I hope the announcement in for Fall 2017 so it will have a better chance and pace as an ongoing anime. I can see an announcement for earlier yet I think Spring should be all for MHA promotion and Summer simply never had and long running from the top of my head.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Yoko never writes long manga, I think ending his manga was his own decision
I just found out that Sesuji's author wrote Molester Man, that was surprising.
YOKO didn't actually write before coming to this magazine. His earlier works like Tsunbaka, Molester Man or Kurosawa are adaptations of threads and stories from 2ch, and Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous was an adaptation of a light novel.
 

Estranho

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
74
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
YOKO didn't actually write before coming to this magazine. His earlier works like Tsunbaka, Molester Man or Kurosawa are adaptations of threads and stories from 2ch, and Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous was an adaptation of a light novel.
It's not like the threads were a comic script by themselves. Adapting a script is writing.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Damn Boichi is hilarious and a beast. Has anyone ever done two weekly serials before? I know a weekly and a monthly has been done by a few people, but this is just ridiculous. The guy doesn't even know if he can do it. 6 pages a day is just ridiculous... I read in an interview that Naruto took Kishimoto on average 50 hours per chapter. Even at best, Boichi is now looking at like 80 hours a week of work!? I hope the guy doesn't die, like seriously.

Anyway, I'm super excited for Dr. Stone.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
It's not like the threads were a comic script by themselves. Adapting a script is writing.
Yes and no.

YOKO had to create the actual manga - composition, pacing, panel flow. But the story was already conceptualized for him, so it was a new challenge for him with Koganeiro and Dance-bu. And he took it on with great success.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Doing two weekly series at once. When even Bakuman of all things tells you it's a bad idea and he does it anyway, this might be fun to watch.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
respect for Boichi , but two weekly series at same time is crazy idea....
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I think he's bullshitting

the moment first volume sales comes out and it's better than Origin he's going to wrap it up
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
inb4 Origin and Dr. Stone on hiatus because of artist's health.
 

costicla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2007
Messages
690
Reaction score
603
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Boichi, the hero Jump needs, but doesn`t deserve, or something to that effect. I hope Dr. Stone is a success, although I don`t have a clue how he`s gonna manage two weekly series, especially with his art style. At least he isn`t also writing this one, which might make it easier.
 

Jaja

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 9, 2016
Messages
26
Reaction score
15
Age
31
Country
Brazil
Boichi talking about Dr. Stone:



Does anyone want to read a manga featuring smelly guys? Do you read Sun-Ken Rock to see sweaty and stinky male characters, huh? Do you read Origin, to see what Origin says and does? I don’t!!!

[/spoiler]
I do!

I read Sun-Ken Rock to see sweaty and stinky hot male characters and amazing fights!
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hopefully this week (with the color page and etc) we'll have some news about Black Clover's anime.
Yes the color page is specifically for the anime announcement.

Boku no Hero will also receive one (if I'm not mistaken) for the same thing.
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
Boichi overrated he'll go back to Young Magazine soon while Gondaira is finally ready to take over the shueisha sweatshop
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
MHA's colour page is probably just announcing the air date.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
My Hero Academia S2 starts March 25.
There's a good chance that this will be a special to bring everyone up to speed. Ace attorney started last spring in the same time slot on April 2. Every other series that started in spring like kindaichi R, Denpa kyoushi, space brothers, etc, all started in the first weekend of April.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Boichi's interview is funny. But, I still doubt he will keep his insanity to draw 136 pages per month. But wish him luck.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top