Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Dr. Stone color page look really good. That artist did a fantastic job.

Though simple, the Hungry Marie look really nice too.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Dr. Stone is Hungry Joker 2.0, 2017, the revenge...
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
Dr. Stone is Hungry Joker 2.0, 2017, the revenge...
Hungry Joker was utter trash Tabata was trying to delve into science and just like fantasy he does not know jack shit about it. You are disrespecting Inagaki if you put him in the same breath with someone as terrible of a writer as Tabata.
 
Last edited:

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hungry Joker was utter trash Tabata was trying to delve into science and just like fantasy he does not know jack shit about it. You are disrespecting Inagaki if you put him in the same breath with someone as terrible of a writer as Talentless Tabata.
Well... You can dislike HJ as much as you want... I particularly think it is better than BC. Even so, I was refering to the idea of science mixed within the plot.

Also... You don't even read the chapter yet... Why are you talking about stuff that you (clearly) don't know?
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
Well... You can dislike HJ as much as you want... I particularly think it is better than BC. Even so, I was refering to the idea of science mixed within the plot.

Also... You don't even read the chapter yet... Why are you talking about stuff that you (clearly) don't know?
My bad I misunderstood you. Hungry Joker was beyond terrible in my humble opinion so when you called Dr. Stone Hungry Joker 2.0 I found it hard to believe that a manga by Inagaki and Boichi could possibly be as terrible as Hungry Joker.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I used to think Hungry Joker was better than Black Clover, until I went back and re-read the series just to see. Personally, Black Clover is much better.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
My bad I misunderstood you. Hungry Joker was beyond terrible in my humble opinion so when you called Dr. Stone Hungry Joker 2.0 I found it hard to believe that a manga by Inagaki and Boichi could possibly be as terrible as Hungry Joker.
No problem. The series is amazing. It's by far the best new manga in AGES... Pretty much since MHA in my opinion.

Boichi art here is OUTSTANDING. It has nothing to do with Origin, Wallman or Sun-Ken Rock but at the same time... You can see that nobody else could have done it.

This manga will get number 1 in 8 weeks... I called it ;/
 

RubyR91

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2015
Messages
126
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
No problem. The series is amazing. It's by far the best new manga in AGES... Pretty much since MHA in my opinion.

Boichi art here is OUTSTANDING. It has nothing to do with Origin, Wallman or Sun-Ken Rock but at the same time... You can see that nobody else could have done it.

This manga will get number 1 in 8 weeks... I called it ;/
It's the first chapter.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It's the first chapter.
And it's just an opinion...

Hungry Marie chapter 2 was nice as well, not as good as the first but still better than the other series.
 
Last edited:

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well that's a red flag
Yeah, there were the explanation of the "gender bender" that I liked but... I don't know. It still lacks a plot/purpose.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Yeah, there were the explanation of the "gender bender" that I liked but... I don't know. It still lacks a plot/purpose.
Where did you read it?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Nvm..Korean scan is out

http://wasabisyrup.com/archives/5KfrAeIlCOs

I don't think this chapter looks that bad, i am glad he can change forms with his own free will.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Any Dr.Stone raws?
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Dr. Stone was pretty damn good. It's easily a rank above the rest of the new series. The art was freaking amazing.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Issue 15 Preview
as expected from Boichi the art look stunning, hopefully the story won't disappoint

Yagi oneshot looks weirdly generic

Any Dr.Stone raws?
http://boards.4chan.org/a/thread/154104411


anyone knows why this manga is on the cover???

https://myanimelist.net/manga/104152/Ayakashi-kun_Katteiru

I thought the winner of Jump Plus Golden Future Coin is suppose to be serialized on Jump Plus??
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
Estimated Sales (Oricon + Weekly POS)

24 days:

110,328 Yakusoku no Neverland 2
*47,059 Hinomaru Zumou 13

58 days:

407,880 Shokugeki no Souma 22
288,921 Gintama 67
242,817 Toriko 43
171,039 World's End Harem 2
139,474 Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan 19

87 days:

819,643 Haikyuu!! 24
356,525 Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 2
348,113 World Trigger 17
188,653 Black Clover 9
146,549 Yakusoku no Neverland 1
*86,256 Kimetsu no Yaiba 4
 
Last edited:

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
BOICHI ART is GODLIKE !!!!!!!
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I like RedLetterMedia (mostly for BotW) but they aren't manga/anime. Mike and Rich are the only ones with any actual film knowledge though.
I would say the best reviewers are also entertainers. The guys from RLM know what they dis/like about a certain movie & are able to point their fingers to it. AND at the same time are funny as hell.
That's a reason why I dont watch any Anime/Manga youtubers for years now, because they were most times neither funny nor were they able to review the chapters appropirately.
... If I hear one more "DAT[insert Manga]GREATNESS!" from Forneverworld I going to ram a fork into my brain.
That's why I advertise Weekly Manga Recap right now. A weekly 2 hour-podcasts-series about manga with two hilarious guys, who are also quite good critizicing the good and bad things in manga(and it's even more delightful if they start their rants about Bleach[when it was still a thing], Fairy Tail and Black Clover~<3).
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Far from defending Hungry Joker, which is trash, but uou guys are talking about Dr.Stone as if it is a masterpiece and Riichiro Inagaki as if he was a genius. His most famous work is Eyeshield 21, which is not, for the best of my knowledge, not science fiction, so his talent regarding this genre is unknown, it can be good or trash. Art doesn't make the story good as well, Air Gear and To Love Ru are there as proof.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top