Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
RxL
Poro
Dr. Stone
Hungry Marie
U19
We Never Learn
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I want Mammo, Leoat, Rica, Sharkbait and the vampire rankings...
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Hungry Marie
RxL
Dr.Stone
We Never Learn
Poro
U19
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
Poro
We Never Learn
Hungry Mary
Dr.Stone
U19
RxL
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
RxL
Dr.Stone
Hungry Marie
We Never Learn
Poro

Didn't read U19, and that doesn't look good, so i will pass.

The first chapter of RxL was amazing, oh my god, i missed so much Fujimaki styles.

I can see the shipps already ;-;
 

justsomeguy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2016
Messages
43
Reaction score
14
Country
The Wall
RxL
We Never Learn
Dr. Stone
Poro
Hungry Marie
U19
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
I've only read the first chapters of Dr. Stone, U19, and Robot x Laserbeam.

Robot
U19-Dr. Stone (both could be something interesting but neither got me very excited)
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States

Confused because I haven't really been seeing a significant amount of hate or trashing on any of the anime communities(at least here in America). Is this true?
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
The general reception seems to be good, so I suppose not. I guess in his mind, if a few complain about it, then the series is getting absolutely TRASHED. RxL has no hopes of being nearly as good as Cancel no Yaiba :/
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
One Piece colors are very important. Not only because the color walks but because they are always used during the anime openings. All of them.

G-I-V-E M-E Y-O-U-R R-A-N-K-I-N-G-S
RxL (best first chapter outta the bunch)
Dr.Stone (second-best chapter outta the bunch, 2nd and 3rd chapter starts to make me worry though...)
We can't study (it's fine)
Hungry Maries (it's ok)
Poro (I dunno, I just can't get into it)
U19 (because its title means Under 19 other series :P)
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Woah, pretty much everyone agrees that RxL is the best of this new batch so far. Have we finally reached a conclusion where we are all on the same page?! Also, that comment from Gotouge pretty much seals the deal that she is most likely a woman. I mean, c'mon, would you really give a flower to a man as a congratulations?

On another note, y-you think Isobe's mangaka is okay?

Yes, I know it's a typo.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
On another note, y-you think Isobe's mangaka is okay?

Yes, I know it's a typo.
Wow that's a pretty high fever to have to be joking about like that, as much I personally think the author should take at least a week off to recover from that, so long as it's not impeding the manga in anyway I don't see Shounen Jump asking the author to take time off.
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
One Piece colors are very important. Not only because the color walks but because they are always used during the anime openings. All of them.

G-I-V-E M-E Y-O-U-R R-A-N-K-I-N-G-S
Poro > Dr. Stone > RxL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BokuBenkyou > U19 = Harapeko no Marie
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Kuroko guy doing golf has me curious, are there any wsj creators in the past who have had two successful series that are each about a different sport? The only one I can think of is Rokudenashi/Rookies guy and rokudenashi's more of a yankee manga than a sports one from what I've read.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
RxL and Poro are the best of the bunch, by a mile.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm going to read Robot x Laserbeam Monday, so I cannot give any comment about it yet.
As for the rest of my ranking, anybody who knows English and interpretation knows already. XD
Put only the ranking is not enough, I would have to explain why and that way I would be repeating myself.
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
I would expect the 3 chapters of Robo to make a ranking of the 6 series instead of ranking it with only one chapter though. I´ll post a strawpoll on reddit fro you and anyone who has read the 6 series in a couple of weeks. I´m more of getting the whole picture before making rankings and things like that.
 

Gikiseima

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2015
Messages
51
Reaction score
15
Gender
Male
Country
Galactic Empire
Based of first chapter
Dr.Stone
U19/We never learn (tie)
Robot x laserbeam
Poro/Hungry Marie(tie)

Will update soon as robot reach 3 or 5 chapters
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Dr. Stone and Robot x Laserbeam are the best of the bunch. Don't care about the rest.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top