Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Yuragi is getting digital colored volumes; first volume releases April 4, same day as Vol 5.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
We Never Learn
Hungry Marie
Robot X Laserbeam
Dr Stone
U19
Poro
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I thought RxL first chapter was generic

will keep reading it to see how it will develop from here

I have my doubts on if the author can make it an entertaining weekly read, I mean there must be a limited number of ways to draw a guy hit a ball with a club
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
It is generic, but I think it's a good kind of generic. I personally think that just the characters and humour alone is enough to carry this series. I also fully expect this series to become a Fujobait fest down the road because I'm very sure that the editors are pushing Fujimaki in this direction.
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Basing on first chapter:
Dr.stone
Poro
Robot x laserbeam
Hungry marie
U19
We don't study
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Yeah, RxL was defitelely generic, and pretty standard. However, I think it was the most solid first chapter out of all of them. Not amazing, but perfectly fine.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It seems Yuragi will be a success after all... This saddens me a bit because it looks Kentaro Yabuki case all over again... I liked a series of Kentaro Yabuki (Black Cat) and his art was superb, but it is used for outright ecchi almost ****** now. I liked Koisome Momiji, for me it was one of the best romances I've ever read, I'm proud of having it in my shelf. It does have ecchi, but not so much as Yuragi, it was the perfect point. It is frustrating when a very good art is used this way... I'm closing the case for Yuragi, I'm convinced that it will be a waste of time.
 

CuriousReborn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2013
Messages
638
Reaction score
990
Gender
Male
Country
Bahrain
It seems Yuragi will be a success after all... This saddens me a bit because it looks Kentaro Yabuki case all over again... I liked a series of Kentaro Yabuki (Black Cat) and his art was superb, but it is used for outright ecchi almost ****** now. I liked Koisome Momiji, for me it was one of the best romances I've ever read, I'm proud of having it in my shelf. It does have ecchi, but not so much as Yuragi, it was the perfect point. It is frustrating when a very good art is used this way... I'm closing the case for Yuragi, I'm convinced that it will be a waste of time.
If a piece of art brings enjoyment to people, then whats wrong with that? I cant see why anyone would be frustrated with that.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
It seems Yuragi will be a success after all... This saddens me a bit because it looks Kentaro Yabuki case all over again... I liked a series of Kentaro Yabuki (Black Cat) and his art was superb, but it is used for outright ecchi almost ****** now. I liked Koisome Momiji, for me it was one of the best romances I've ever read, I'm proud of having it in my shelf. It does have ecchi, but not so much as Yuragi, it was the perfect point. It is frustrating when a very good art is used this way... I'm closing the case for Yuragi, I'm convinced that it will be a waste of time.
Yuragi has merit aside from it's ecchi. The series is still good fun to read, even ignoring the ecchi.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
I don't get RxL hype , the first chapter was okay at best...
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't get RxL hype , the first chapter was okay at best...
There's no "hype". It's just better than the other series.

Somebody said that "We Can't Study" is the best of the 6... How in da hell can this be possible?
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
There's no "hype". It's just better than the other series.

Somebody said that "We Can't Study" is the best of the 6... How in da hell can this be possible?
What happened to Hungry Marrie chapter this week?
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I have my doubts on if the author can make it an entertaining weekly read, I mean there must be a limited number of ways to draw a guy hit a ball with a club
RIsing Impact ran for 17 volumes and Dan Doh (from Sunday) ran for 29 volumes and 2 sequel (15 + 4). So there is a way!!

Although in these two the MC are the underdog and not robot hitting laser shot.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have my doubts on if the author can make it an entertaining weekly read, I mean there must be a limited number of ways to draw a guy hit a ball with a club
If I remember correctly that was also a complaint I heard on the authors previous work Kuroko no Basket in it's early days.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
RIsing Impact ran for 17 volumes and Dan Doh (from Sunday) ran for 29 volumes and 2 sequel (15 + 4). So there is a way!!

Although in these two the MC are the underdog and not robot hitting laser shot.
I think it will survive

however will it be entertaining? that's the question

both Rising Impact and Dandoh weren't set in a boring high school clubs

If I remember correctly that was also a complaint I heard on the authors previous work Kuroko no Basket in it's early days.
I didn't like early KnB
I didn't like late KnB
I didn't like the KnB in between

To add onto the previous Sugoi Japan award, Heroaca also won the Daruma Grand Prize in Manga at Japan Expo. Japan Expo is basically a convention on Japanese culture in general that takes place in France. Its the largest of its kind outside Japan with over 250,000 people attending in the 2016 convention.

http://www.japan-expo-france.jp/jp/actualites/japan-expo-awardsdaruma_104758.htm

come on people, have mercy on Hori's muscles and storage space
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
I have my doubts on if the author can make it an entertaining weekly read, I mean there must be a limited number of ways to draw a guy hit a ball with a club
Thing is, this is true for many series. The author wouldnt do it unless they had a decent way in their mind to pull it off. Assass Class started off as kids just failing to kill their teacher for a while and was pretty repetitive and boring. Then it just flipped that on its head. Same with comedies like Saiki for example. How can someone make new chapters every week about 1 premise (a psychic trying to hide his powers) and still create laughs 200+ chapters later? You wouldnt think its doable, but Asou does a pretty damn good job of it.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top