- Joined
- Apr 7, 2013
- Messages
- 1,210
- Reaction score
- 311
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
A curious question arises after reading that interview could some of Tabata's writing shortcomings be attributed to his rookie editor?
I wouldn't really say so. Sure, an editor can fix up a story here and there, but there are plenty of cases where the editor doesn't intervene much with the story, simply because they deem that the mangaka's planned story is good enough for the most part.A curious question arises after reading that interview could some of Tabata's writing shortcomings be attributed to his rookie editor?
Hungry Joker was pretty damn bad as well. Tabata is just a terrible writer regardless.A curious question arises after reading that interview could some of Tabata's writing shortcomings be attributed to his rookie editor?
Eh, any Jump battle manga that gets scanlated will have a bandwagon formed of shit taste normies.I will never understood the hype around Hungry Joker.
It was just a thought that I had whether it truly would make a difference could be debated, but in the end it's the editor who lets the chapter goes onto the final stages of work so what ever they deem works works I guess.I wouldn't really say so. Sure, an editor can fix up a story here and there, but there are plenty of cases where the editor doesn't intervene much with the story, simply because they deem that the mangaka's planned story is good enough for the most part.
While I'm not going to say that Hungry Joker was the best written story out there I can appreciate what it was trying to do at the time I would place bets that had To Promise Neverland had come out in place of Hungry Joker at that time it probably would've ended the same way.Hungry Joker was pretty damn bad as well. Tabata is just a terrible writer regardless.
Everyone is entitled to there own tastes and besides those "normies" as you call them are what make series popular in the end so why judge people based on the tastes that have made quit a few series big.Eh, any Jump battle manga that gets scanlated will have a bandwagon formed of shit taste normies.
If you were a PHD i'd expect you'd realize that Tabata doesn't know shit about science. He just cares about things looking cool.I'm not a youtuber as well... The hype was because the one shot (it was awesome) and the serialized version messed it up.
The only point about the main series that I found unique was the powers coming from science. Being a PHD myself I considered it fascinating.
Too bad It failed miserably... Even so It holds a special place in my heart:
![]()
The oneshot is very good, it won the Golden Future Cup and everybody waited for a long time for the serialization. It was a disaster... That's why you cannot expect anything from Jump new series because it go down the hill pretty quickly.I will never understood the hype around Hungry Joker. But what do I know, i'm not a Youtuber ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yes he does not know. I'm only saying this because of some corrected references. Not trying to divinate the guy. Far from it.If you were a PHD i'd expect you'd realize that Tabata doesn't know shit about science. He just cares about things looking cool.
He has absolutely nothing in his head.
Speaking of Hungry Joker though, one reason Dr. Stone irks me is Senkuu reminds me a lot of Heiji. Can't stand pseudo-intellectual main characters like that.
We know that fireplaces are not common in Brazil, but we can arrange something so that you can get rid of this trash. xDI'm not a youtuber as well... The hype was because the one shot (it was awesome) and the serialized version messed it up.
The only point about the main series that I found unique was the powers coming from science. Being a PHD myself I considered it fascinating.
Too bad It failed miserably... Even so It holds a special place in my heart:
![]()
And replace for what? Nisekoi or We Can't Study or some other shitty romcom? No thanks.We know that fireplaces are not common in Brazil, but we can arrange something so that you can get rid of this trash. xD
.
Interesting how people are attacking me now with We Can't Study as if I was a big fan of it. I didn't say it was very good so far and people are thinking I'm a fan of it? Continue using Nisekoi to attack me for a little while, please. Thanks.And replace for what? Nisekoi or We Can't Study or some other shitty romcom? No thanks.


Is this another if One Piece had come out this time it would have been cancelled?I would place bets that had To Promise Neverland had come out in place of Hungry Joker at that time it probably would've ended the same way.
Not really the way I meant it more of how there almost the exact same genre and at the time no one seemed to interested in a scifi manga, at least that's how I saw it, so thats why I say thatIs this another if One Piece had come out this time it would have been cancelled?
I didn't know that Black Clover is making MHA be canceled, gee.The nightmareish threat for you MHA fans =)
I just love how every time I see your post here, it's bashing TabataHungry Joker was pretty damn bad as well. Tabata is just a terrible writer regardless.
It's just funny how annoyed you are by a simple manga existence, and how every time you make yourself expert and better than him. It's just lovely, how you think your opinion and taste is the 100% true one 
Hungry Joker was a generic battle manga.Not really the way I meant it more of how there almost the exact same genre and at the time no one seemed to interested in a scifi manga, at least that's how I saw it, so thats why I say that
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I post about a lot more than Tabata. Selective reading perhaps?I just love how every time I see your post here, it's bashing TabataIt's just funny how annoyed you are by a simple manga existence, and how every time you make yourself expert and better than him. It's just lovely, how you think your opinion and taste is the 100% true one
Either way, since I mentioned Tabata, I will share my opinion too: From the current Shonen Jump line, I have to say I enjoy the most Black Clover. It naturally have some flaws (like every series), yet also have it's good sides, but if people focus only on the bad things a manga has, naturally they won't enjoy it. For me the most important thing in a manga is to entertain me, doesn't matter if it's cliche, overused tropes, not a masterpiece, etc, as long as it entertains me, that's all good. After all, a manga is in the entertaining business, it can use as much as unexisting science, fantasy, mecha, etc as it wants, for the purpose of trying to entertain people.