Not in the mood to start another "Toei screwed up Toriko's adaption". If you look inside this thread you will see it being brought up times to times.
I'll make it short, 147 episodes, LONG RUNNING for 3 years. Manga sales increase by 3 times. Merchandise sales. Maybe they did screwed up the adaption, but it was profitable for them to run the anime for 3 years.
As I said above, if KnY wants to break 300k then Toei is its best bet. I was also going to say Studio Clown but I remember/and someone will bring up Twin Star Exorcist.
No one doubt it was a success, aside from a few people. I refuse to call that Toriko anime, a representation of the manga. It's no where near passable.
The anime couldn't even capture the narrative style of the manga which used a lot of narrations to explain concepts and narrate over the creatures. A good chunk of world building was cut off and most of the gags too. Some useless bitch Tina was introduced so this was all accepted since it was a success? So yea Toriko had a lot more greater issues than just censorship, although Toriko suffered extreme censorship till near the end. Even after that it was still awful. They butchered the best arc in the series too.
Anyways, yeah Toriko is more gory than KnY but Toriko can be a lot more light hearted than KnY. So if they couldn't capture the serious tones in Toriko, then no way they could do KnY.
Doesn't matter how successful Toei can make it, if it's not enjoyable to watch then I wouldn't want it.
"Studio Clown" would've done a better job than Toei.