I just want a reason for the survival of Dr. Stone and Hungry Marie besides nonsensical and/or generic things like "because it is amazing" or "because it is made by veterans".
Do you really need more reason than that though? If a writer has a previous series people liked then obviously they'll want their next one to succeed, they know what they're capable of in the long term and know they'll probably enjoy it a lot.
It can go the other way too pretty easily, personally I like seeing newbies succeed because I want to see what kind of series they'll make once they get settled in and find their style.
Do you really need more reason than that though? If a writer has a previous series people liked then obviously they'll want their next one to succeed, they know what they're capable of in the long term and know they'll probably enjoy it a lot.
It can go the other way too pretty easily, personally I like seeing newbies succeed because I want to see what kind of series they'll make once they get settled in and find their style.
It is not how it should happen, you have to root for an author, of course, but you also have to be honest and serious about that. If you don't have a reason to like the series it is just plain blind fanaticism. I know why I like things, independently of who is writing, just for the plot and the story itself.
A little of experience helps, but it doesn't help as much as you guys think. It is a completely different series, it is new for the author as well no matter how much experience he has. You know that editors, for example, have a lot of experience in mangas, but they fail more than that get it right, so...
I will never accept people underestimating new authors when there is Eichiro Oda in the magazine. He is with One Piece for more than 15 years so people tends to forget that One Piece is still his first series!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Read some series from ESJ today, more precisely Boruto, TPN and One Piece.
This recent chapter of Naruto reminded me of the old days of Naruto so it was a good one IMO, in general the series is sympathetic... The last arc was a mess though. XD
TPN and One Piece can be described with one phrase: "the shit is hitting the fan" in a good way. XD
The two new series I'm looking forward too are Hungry Marie (Because of chapter 5) and Robot x Laserbeam (end of chapter 3), and no i'm not from the Venerate Veterans club.
The other two current translated series We Never Learn/Dr Stone I am currently reading because they are being translated. I've already stated the reasons for both series. Poro looks kinda interested from the raw.
I just want a reason for the survival of Dr. Stone and Hungry Marie besides nonsensical and/or generic things like "because it is amazing" or "because it is made by veterans".
I just want a reason for the survival of Dr. Stone and Hungry Marie besides nonsensical and/or generic things like "because it is amazing" or "because it is made by veterans".
It's because I look forward to the next chapter. It's the same feeling when I first followed Shokugeki, Assassination Classroom and the more recent Yuragi/Neverland since chapter 1.
It looks like one more example of a series that people like solely because it is crazy and doesn't make any sense at all. XD
Well... I stop discussing, Jump readers will make their voice be heard, one way or the other.
It looks like one more example of a series that people like solely because it is crazy and doesn't make any sense at all. XD
Well... I stop discussing, Jump readers will make their voice be heard, one way or the other.
I just want a reason for the survival of Dr. Stone and Hungry Marie besides nonsensical and/or generic things like "because it is amazing" or "because it is made by veterans".
~100k each volumes are what they are chart on Oricon. I would assume around ~120k to 150k (when the numbers are too low to chart) for volume 1 and volume 2.
Yeah, it is hard to make anybody here critical and analytical about what they read. I give up. Stay with your "it is my taste and taste cannot be discussed" thing.
I will be waiting for the reason Dr. Stone and Hungry Marie will survive besides "it is amazing" and "it is made by veterans" until their funerals, which I bet are not far.
Yeah, it is hard to make anybody here critical and analytical about what they read. I give up. Stay with your "it is my taste and taste cannot be discussed" thing.
I will be waiting for the reason Dr. Stone and Hungry Marie will survive besides "it is amazing" and "it is made by veterans" until their funerals, which I bet are not far.
Dr. Stone wasn not even that terrible in chapter 3 so it can really survive for all I care, but Hungry Marie is boring, repetitive and doesn't make any sense at all! Hungry Marie survival is unacceptable and an offense to the series that currently running and all the series before that, many of them had more potential (it is not hard to have more potential than that trash) and was still cancelled. It is offensive to Beelzebub, which was at least funny sometimes.
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.