Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Not extremely Jump related, but Ed Blaylock(Voice of Sengoku in the english dub of One Piece) just passed away.

RIP
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I thought it was going to be a long runner since it's following Shippuden?
He's saying during the spring season it could I go for 12 episodes because there's only 12 weeks in the spring season, but it'll definitely go well beyond the spring season of this year.

It'll probably run so long as it's successful and makes money tbh
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
He's saying during the spring season it could I go for 12 episodes because there's only 12 weeks in the spring season, but it'll definitely go well beyond the spring season of this year.

It'll probably run so long as it's successful and makes money tbh
At least this time around the manga will never do the anime's justice. Am I right?
Really, I think it will be good to stick to being a long runner, altough a shorter one this time.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
speaking of Boruto, volume 3 is out next month, watching how the anime affects its sales is going to be interesting

these are the last rankings for the first 2 volumes before exiting oricon top 50
Boruto -Naruto Next Generations- #1 (19,705 / 372,314)
Boruto -Naruto Next Generations- #2 (23,069 / 290,008)
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Started reading Samon, and its hilarious. Can definitely see why it survived as long as it has. It feels pretty fresh, and is nice to have an MC who's a total dick/troll. It doesn't seem like it will have much depth though from what ive read, so even if its cancelled soon, it will probably end up being the perfect length.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Haven't ppl said Samon feel like it's about to end
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Inagaki message to Dr.Stone English readers, read from down to up (ignore the poor engrish and appreciate the effort)

 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
And now the actual question: Are there any characters(either protagonists, villains or sidecharacters) you don't like/enjoy, because they are too powerful?
My example for this would be Todoroki from My Hero Academia. I actually like his backstory, but not only do I think he is too powerful, I also think his powers arent that exciting to watch at. Most times just using fire & ice in not interesting ways.
Similiar case with Trafalgar Law from One Piece. His devil fruit power is just too OP(pun intended).
Naruto is the first one that came to mind. Mostly because of how he got that much power. Naruto started off preaching how status and natural talent aren't everything, you can be bad at something, but work hard enough to stand equal to the geniuses. Then down the line, Naruto was just as naturally talented as Sasuke and just received massive power up after power up.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
BHA became instant classic with it's new episode. In 10-20 years people will look back at it and think of it like the golden days of shonen jump animes. Like people see dragon ball now.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I'm still stunned each week by how good the OST is, and how well it's used. I got so many goosebumps at the end of the episode. I'm loving the new season.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm still stunned each week by how good the OST is, and how well it's used. I got so many goosebumps at the end of the episode. I'm loving the new season.
Both of the OPs haven't been that good though.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I think the second OP is great
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
yeah the soundtrack have been on point this season, just like pacing and animation, even the filler scenes and filler character's interactions are great

and I love both op, I prefer the first one, but that just because of my taste in music
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Does anyone have average TOC rankings for KnY? (2016 & 2017 so far)
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Average 2016 ranking of 7.4 (highest at 3, lowest at 10).
Average 2017 ranking of 4.2 (highest at 2, lowest at 6).
Average overall ranking of 6.4 (highest at 2, lowest at 10).
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
The novel could be based on Oda's scripts and the author just make it more descriptive with words.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top