Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 361 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
What's funny is that Hori's coloring was not good in the beginning of the manga but he improved tremendously as he went on where now I actually look forward to his color pages now same with his volume covers. Tabata definitely uses watercoloring, his spreads remind me a lot of early Naruto in that regard where the rough exterior of the manga was highlighted before it got way too clean.
Fam so true, the first MHA chapter I read was directly after S1 so like chapter 21 or 22 if I remember right... but I still went back to read the early chapters. His art was always good from Day 1 but the coloring was kinda messy which to me it was like he colored characters outside of their body figure lines. Kinda of like how Hakiyuu's later volume art looks, it's looked unfinished in some aspects. It's dope how Hori improved in such a short time, I really respect that.

Nakurawari

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I mean, I'd say most mangaka improve their art throughout long serialisations.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I mean, I'd say most mangaka improve their art throughout long serialisations.
Of course, but I meant it as like how MHA is not even 140 chapters in and the art detail is reallllyyy noticeable from the early chapters. I would hope your art improves over 100 chapters but Hori's really stand out in a short time, sometimes you don't see that improvements until 200 or so chapters in

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Kenshin sequel x Kimetsu
Magmel x Hunter
DB Super x OPM
Beet x Souten no Soura
Food Wars x Golden Kamuy
Academia x Kemono Jihen
Gintama x BBB
Neverland x Kaguya
I can see most of those but why Academia for KJ?

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I can see most of those but why Academia for KJ?
Kabane and Inugami's relationship reminds me of Deku and All Might's relationship
also, Bakugo meeting his lost twin Shiki should be interesting too

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh yeah I forgot about them being the same character. Not sure if we can handle two tsunderes (male) in the same room.
The real question is when are they going to get a collaboration with Pizza Hut.

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Obviously when Code Geass s3 finish airing

this is a random thought, but the little Endeavor inside of me keeps thinking if Bakugo and Shiki had a kid their child's quirk will be shooting explosive web strings

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can I trust one of you guys to post raws for the mini series in here when GIGA comes out? :neutral

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Obviously when Code Geass s3 finish airing

this is a random thought, but the little Endeavor inside of me keeps thinking if Bakugo and Shiki had a kid their child's quirk will be shooting explosive web strings
I have so many questions about this train of thought that I'm just not going to ask for the sake of wanting to be able to sleep tonight.
Can I trust one of you guys to post raws for the mini series in here when GIGA comes out? :neutral
99% chance the entire magazine will get posted on public raw sites anyway, you can honestly just wait a few hours after it's released and google it to get a download.

On the subject of Giga, finally remembered about doing Higuma. Too bad it's one of the "we really don't give enough shits to promote this" series.

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
they will be available on every raw site in 2 days

you guys are spoiled, I remember back in the day when Jump Next didn't have digital version and we had to wait for someone to scan it or import the damn thing

I have so many questions about this train of thought that I'm just not going to ask for the sake of wanting to be able to sleep tonight.
Todoroki arc is being animated now and ever since this started I can't stop thinking about quirk marriage

I'm shipping characters from different universes, from American cartoons, movies.... I can't stop

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States

99% chance the entire magazine will get posted on public raw sites anyway, you can honestly just wait a few hours after it's released and google it to get a download.

On the subject of Giga, finally remembered about doing Higuma. Too bad it's one of the "we really don't give enough shits to promote this" series.

you guys are spoiled, I remember back in the day when Jump Next didn't have digital version and we had to wait for someone to scan it or import the damn thing

Todoroki arc is being animated now and ever since this started I can't stop thinking about quirk marriage

I'm shipping characters from different universes, from American cartoons, movies.... I can't stop
Oooh I didn't know that. For some reason I thought it wouldn't be online anywhere because it was a less popular/known magazine

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

I remember buying an old Next issue before it had digital and scanning some of the stuff in it.
And then never doing anything with those scans.
I should probably do something with them at some point.

I'm not going to look but I'm sure there's already art of those two, KJ has a really surprising amount of fanart from what I've seen. As far as I can tell the most popular pairing is Kabane/pizza.

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Do we know who's getting the 4 Giga covers this time? I'd like to see Neverland get one

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I'm not going to look but I'm sure there's already art of those two, KJ has a really surprising amount of fanart from what I've seen. As far as I can tell the most popular pairing is Kabane/pizza.
someone should make an NTR doujin Kabane x Tokyo while his cousin have to wash old dudes' backs kek

Do we know who's getting the 4 Giga covers this time? I'd like to see Neverland get one
way too soon to know who will get the following 3 covers

SkerllyFC

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
Did you guys saw this? This was last year, but Oda drwe Luffy, SHanks and Nami in a more realistic way in an iPad Pro. Here are the videos

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The Promised Neverland got it right in this chapter showing images of past chapters that clarified all the plan and stuff, the past chapters didn't have those reminders and those who doesn't have volumes on hand and/or doesn't have patience to reread everything so soon, like me, would just tag it as bad execution.
Got second in my vote behind One Piece, of course.

Gikiseima

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
When toc comes out?

RafaFedKilla

Reaction score
Country
United States
Jump Giga is the main dish this week. Gimme dat, gimme dat Giga.

Tanzo

Reaction score
Country
United States
MHA is out of the Top 10 TV Animation Ranking this week.
サザエさん フジテレビ '17/04/23(日) 18:30 - 30 10.4
ちびまる子ちゃん フジテレビ '17/04/23(日) 18:00 - 30 7.5
ドラえもん テレビ朝日 '17/04/21(金) 19:00 - 30 7.2
ワンピース フジテレビ '17/04/23(日) 9:30 - 30 7.2 (One Piece)
クレヨンしんちゃん テレビ朝日 '17/04/21(金) 19:30 - 24 7.0
名探偵コナン 日本テレビ '17/04/22(土) 18:00 - 30 6.7 (Detective Conan)
ドラゴンボール超 フジテレビ '17/04/23(日) 9:00 - 30 5.5 (Dragon Ball Super)
ポケットモンスターサン&ムーン テレビ東京 '17/04/20(木) 18:55 - 30 3.8 (Pokemon)
妖怪ウォッチ テレビ東京 '17/04/21(金) 18:25 - 30 3.5 (Yokai Watch)
アニメひつじのショーン NHKEテレ '17/04/22(土) 9:00 - 20 3.3 (Shaun the Sheep)

Episode 4 went down by around 0.6% at least from its 3.9% rating last week from Ep. 3.
One Piece went up by 1.3% from 5.9, and DBS went up by 0.5% from 5.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.