Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Really nice to see We Never Learn out of the bottom five. I'm happy for Robo X Laserbeam and Saiki in good positions, too.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I'm predicting a Fall 2017 release for the Black Clover anime.

Didn't expect RxL to be so high. Guess I'll catch up to it now that it's relatively safe it seems.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Not too surprising to see WNL getting a color page, volume 1 releases next week.
Looking forward to seeing the Black Clover anime visual.
Great ranking for Yuragi, very happy about that.
I didn't realize WNL is getting its first volume release already. Looking forward to seeing the cover for it. One thing I like about new manga is seeing the different styles of volume covers each mangaka goes with.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
They were saying the same thing in the thread but WNL does a good job of with how much realism is used. Like nothing much stands out or noticeable even compared to Nisekoi, which had one of the best harem beginnings to me, but the author is finding his nich, last chapter was really good. It's a light read but comfy
 
Last edited:

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
They were saying the same thing in the thread but WNL does a job of with how much realism is used. Like nothing much stands out or noticeable even compared to Nisekoi, which had one of the best harem beginnings to me, but the author is finding his nich, last chapter was really good. It's a light read but comfy
I don't really see a reason to hate on it aside from it's genre which I understand some people don't like. It's been doing a pretty good job.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Let's take a moment to appreciate this part of the TOC once again, shall we? XD

...
Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Gintama
Dr. Stone
...

Who is above who? Say it out loud so that I can hear. :3c
Glad for We Never Learn, it is starting to grow on me, the last color page was great with Takemoto tanned skin and Takemoto love story... *-*
Thinking about buying the volume. I'm sure gonna buy digital, but I want it physical. It depends on the cover... Cover is very important.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
:s Still waiting on Yuragi's super delayed anniversary cover, there is next year I suppose.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Holy shit, what happened to haikyuu? I don't remember seeing it that low.
Its only 8th? Out of the last 5 issues its been 7th twice, 1st twice and not ranked once. So its not that bad.

Next week, Hungry Marie's 7th chapter will be ranked which was probably the best and when the series started getting better. Although I highly doubt it, I wonder if it will at least rise up out of the bottom 3? Tch, I really should stop having hope over stuff like this.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I figured Marie would stay just above the other flops and potentially get past one round but it's below even Poro now, I wonder which will end first.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I figured Marie would stay just above the other flops and potentially get past one round but it's below even Poro now, I wonder which will end first.
It is not how it actually is, but the editors think that a veteran can recover more easily and they can let Hungry Marie aside and cancel Poro at first. Hungry Marie was so bad that I don't think the readers will give it another chance, but the editors has the say... Sooner or later it will be cancelled.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States

the PLOT aside, I really dig Miura's art. So much like Food Wars (I know he was an assistant or something like that) but the color palate and smaller detail stuff like her eyes really bring out the vibrancy of his characters. Can't go wrong with Karura either
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Is that a new girl? I don't recognise her. I must catch up soon!
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I kind of want to check out that Terra series that just started in Jump Plus
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
WSJ Comic Ranking 05/15-05/21 :

120263 2283348 ONE PIECE 85
*56581 *677862 Haikyuu!! 26
*28571 *321402 Shokugeki no Soma 24
*23526 *264155 Boruto 03
*13701 *150383 Black Clover 11
*13301 *477779 My Hero Academia 13
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Black Clover 150k? Have it already reached this mark before?

About the voice cast... Pierrot has one job... Just need to use Naruto's voice cast. Instasuccess.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
If Asta ends up with the same VA as the OVA, then I probably won't watch it. His voice made the OVA really hard to watch for me.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Indeed, I had a hard time translating that shit hearing that annoying voice all the time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top