Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I imagine, when the current chapters of My Hero Academia gets published in a volume, that Horikoshi going to re-draw the action scenes, because the fight in the new chapters wasn't really well drawn.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Are you guys the kind of readers that keep looking to a page for a long time or you just read the text and flip the page?
I honestly don't pay too much attention when there is action scenes with few words on the page, I flip the page really fast unless something really cool catches my attention. Double pages with characters exchanging blows catch my attention less than impactful scenes like this one in One Piece. I'm sure I looked to this page for some time before flipping, that's why I remember it for that matter. XD

 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,719
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Wow, drawing is reminding mi so much to I''s again, but also to Obata.

Is there a summary of chapter 1 there? I imagine we won't get Edited Manga until Viz this Monday (while chapters 1 of January new mangas were quickly scanlated, for some reason this isn't applying to Shoodan and this).
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I really feel like making light of Togashi's issues should be a bannable offense for how ignorant and outright disgustingly offensive it is.
Especially given how many times the mods have told the users in question to knock it the fuck off.
It's not productive, insulting to those who have physical and mental illness, and just starts needless arguments from people who aren't experienced in what they're talking about.
 
Last edited:

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Ah, I was expecting Hunter x Hunter to get the cover. I look forward to an MHA cover nonetheless. Wasn't a fan of the last WSJ cover Hori did, so I hope this one is better!
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I'd worry more about Horikoshi at this point. Some of his author comments these past few weeks as well as this week's comment, his sudden breaks in the past 3 months don't really inspire confidence in his health and the added constant bashing online can only be worse. His comment this week:
目次コメント:また休んでしまい、申し訳ありません!なんとかしていきます。
"I'm very sorry for taking another break! I'm getting along somehow. "
There's talk of him being rather close to having a breakdown soon on 2ch.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It sounds to me a typical apologetic comment by an author, even more when it comes to Japanese culture, 迷惑をかける and stuff....
We know that 2ch is not reliable at all, even more when it comes to mangakas, who have trouble to just show their faces, even more talking about their lives...
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
What author comments from the past few weeks are you referring to? I can't think of any which would strongly point to a breakdown.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
People jump to the conclusions pretty quickly when it comes to Jump authors mainly because it is kind of rare that any of them take a week off, so people immediately thinks that they are in a life threatening situation, but couldn't it be just a creativity crisis?
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
We Never Learn Manga PV :
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
I remember Horikoshi saying he almost got arthritis when he drew the pages with Dark Shadow going berserk. Maybe it was meant jokingly, but after the breaks in the past months I'm not sure if he is completely healthy.


 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I don't blame him. That's some amazing effort, especially considering it's a weekly manga and it wasn't just one page with spectacular art, it was that whole sequence. Kudos to Hori.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Am I the only one that thought Todoroki VS Bakugou fight was shit on the anime?
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I thought it was better than the manga to be honest.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
HxH coming back is going to be hype. Also, the volume is coming this month so will we have a sneak preview in the color page?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
We'll have the cover before June 26th, certainly, no sneak preview necessary although they are probably going to advertise it there.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
How many chapters ESJ is behind in "We Can't Study"? I said that I would wait for ESJ to change my Takemoto avatar with the new CP and it was two weeks ago already. lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top