Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Yuragi vol. 5 - 89,207 (6 days)
Vol. 6 - 77,399 (6 days)
.....Very disappointing to see.
 

XtrnlArdent

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2017
Messages
96
Reaction score
28
Age
28
Country
Spain
Maybe Yuragi needs an anime announcement right now to keep up with the other series, even though Neverland is unreachable imo.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Thanks.

So Neverland didn't overtake Gintama?

Robot is doing better than I could have imagined.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also, Hero Academy was 13 pages again this week.
I think that sales for just TPN in general since it did get backlog sales.

Regardless, TPN did well and it's impressive it's that close to Gintama in first week sales.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
213649 *213649 食
157940 1034506 H
147283 *147513 銀
134300 *134300 約
77399 **77399 ゆ
59605 **59605 R
57600 **57600 斉
36075 **36075 D
22360 *277242 約
22210 *511860 僕
21008 *258065 約
20856 *231625 約
19012 **19012 刀
17922 **17922 エ
16837 2516317 O
16038 **16038 腹
15382 **15382 K
Four Volumes in and Neverland has overtaken Clover with a decent margin in the same time frame. This past week was 6 days of sales. For comparison:

*107704 (6)│*136682│*150383│-------│-------┃*,150,383 (*20)┃2017/05|ブラッククローバー 11

The future is bright for Neverland. The Ame Talk introduction last week also gave a boost for previous volumes. I expected higher for Robo as it has a huge first printing, more than any I've seen in recent years and it has Kuroko plastered on the wraparound. The biggest disappoint is Soma though personally. The last volume :
226262 (6)│292831│321402│338813│349840┃*,349,840 (*34)┃2017/05|食戟のソーマ 24

In the same time frame of 6 days, its dropped again.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
What was the last series that had really high sales before it's anime adaptation (excluding Assassination class)? Was it MHA/Soma?
 

redon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
1,758
Reaction score
17,718
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
I have been following One Piece for almost 14 years (I saw first Anime episode in September 2003 with spanish dub in Telecinco channel). At the beginning of 2004 I started reading Manga online and Weekly Jump chapters every week. And then, at the end of 2004, I started official spanish version of the Manga until now.

For me, without a doubt, One Piece is the best Manga of all time. I hope we can read it at least another 10 years :super
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
So Robo has the best first week sales of a new series since MHA? I recall both Yuuna, Neverland and BC only doing like 30k first week.
What was the last series that had really high sales before it's anime adaptation (excluding Assassination class)? Was it MHA/Soma?
There was chart posted here earlier.
Robot lands right in 6th place.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Any reason for the older volumes of Neverland having a boost?
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Man having all volumes selling ~20k is like the equivalent of an anime boost. That talk show did Neverland some crazy good. Boost it up even further. Where will it stop I wonder?
 
Last edited:

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Now Kimetsu needs to be featured in that talk show. That would be awesome. Recent chapter is great and KnY's strong point is hitting you with the feels. Tanjirou is a great MC.
There was chart posted here earlier.
Robot lands right in 6th place.
I liked that post. Is there info on how other older big titles were selling prior to their anime? (One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Shaman King, Gintama, etc.)

I'd like to see more comparisons.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Yuragi vol. 5 - 89,207 (6 days)
Vol. 6 - 77,399 (6 days)
.....Very disappointing to see.
or maybe people switch out for the digital full color volume.

It also doesn't help that it takes 3 months to release a volume, as oppose to 2 months.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
All references (so far) on this week's chapters to celebrate OP 20th anniversary (I don't think it's spoiler, let me know anyway)

 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
All references (so far) on this week's chapters to celebrate OP 20th anniversary (I don't think it's spoiler, let me know anyway)

There's also an unintentional straw hat in Yuragi, but it isn't fair to call that since that since Karura worn it long before the tribute's chapter.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
It's safe to say all chapters this week will have a OP reference.

So what about different mangaka's doing a tribute drawing for the 20th anniversary?
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I would assume the tributes would be in that special One Piece magazine, right?
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It's safe to say all chapters this week will have a OP reference.

So what about different mangaka's doing a tribute drawing for the 20th anniversary?
I would assume the tributes would be in that special One Piece magazine, right?
The magazine is out already and they're not present (I think). There will be plenty of other things to celebrate as well. We should see it soon.
 

N0R7H

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2011
Messages
112
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
It's been 14 years since I started One Piece and 3 and a half since I dropped it. Maybe it's time to pick it up again. Or to never read it again. I really liked it until Marineford, probably was one of the best mangas I've ever read, but after that it was a pain to read, and I really don't like Oda's drawing (I want all your hate over me).
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
It's a shame that I could never get into One Piece. As much as I tried, it never settled with me. I still respect the series greatly though, so congrats to Oda. And I certainly look forward to all those tributes!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top