- Joined
- Oct 30, 2016
- Messages
- 1,463
- Reaction score
- 1,527
- Country
-
Yeah it does seem like a low expectation sort of thing. Oh well, any good promotion for Kimetsu is fine by me. I'm excited to hear the PV with voice acting.



Shonen Jump Renaissance baby.Neverland's success is the strangest thing.
Yet it sales have grown to 10 times what it was at the start.
- Gruesome plot
- Dialogue heavy
- Female protagonist
- Vague genre / no fights or formula
At first, I thought it was the Assassination Classroom void but that doesn't really fit now does it?

"He noted that the total sales of the magazine including both print and digital are only increasing"Now here's Nakano pretty much confirming what we all suspected:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...runs-made-up-by-rising-digital-demand/.119830
This means that all Jump series volume sales could potentially be much higher, and especially for MHA and Haikyuu. Now if only they would share the goddamn sales figures.
I couldn't really get into TPN, so my knowledge if just from what I've heard about the series,but I always assumed that once they escaped the "orphanage" the writer wouldn't really know where to go from there it seems like my speculation was at least a little accurate. From the way it sounds from what others have said the kids want to be free in the human world they don't know where to go to find it(it's not like they can ask the demons for directions) even if they do find the human world what will they do once their there they have no money, no friends, and no where to live. Though if by some chance the no money/friends/place to live doesn't matter is the story going to have a rescue/war arc to end the series on not that appealing if you ask me since this series isn't a battle series.My thoughts on Neverland: good story, great cast of characters (Norman, Emma my favorites) but for me the plot twists are what makes it entertaining. Somewhere after that happened it began to become boring and tedious to me and then from you guys' comments I've seen the plot twists haven't been occurring as often. All these factors caused me to not read it in a minute. Hope it does well for the fans though, I'd watch an anime whenever one comes along even if I agree with Sharkbait's skepticism on it.
No, it's not.MHA should sell around 500k digital. I think the manga is already bigger than Naruto.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well, having a series based on the twist is not really sustainable.I can understand it not being as interesting because the series has gone from a battle of wits to survival, but the series still has plenty of interesting routes it can go.My thoughts on Neverland: good story, great cast of characters (Norman, Emma my favorites) but for me the plot twists are what makes it entertaining. Somewhere after that happened it began to become boring and tedious to me and then from you guys' comments I've seen the plot twists haven't been occurring as often. All these factors caused me to not read it in a minute. Hope it does well for the fans though, I'd watch an anime whenever one comes along even if I agree with Sharkbait's skepticism on it.
It's a thing of preference. The collection aspect is just as big a part of it as reading them. If I'm going to spend money, I want it to be on something with a lasting effect (like seeing it on my shelf everyday), not just a one-off spend 1 hour reading and forget it exists forever. I actually buy a lot of volumes I never read because it is indeed way more convenient to read digitally.Where does the criticism come from when it comes to digital volumes? Is it because they're cheaper and more accessible than physical? Cause I definitely bought some digital MHA and FT volumes.... Kindle is so easy to access lol.