Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
I mean yeah everyone seems to ignore the fact that virtually everything not from the past 2 years (barring OP) are outside the top 5 this week why don't we focus on how Souma and Black Clover haven't been doing good at all this year for once? Its just an easy prime target because people like it.
You know for a fact that both Soma and BC have their highs and lows, but the reason why we talk about MnHA is because it's treated on the same pillar as OP.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The chances are good, it will depend on whether a studio wants to do the anime.
I believe that Xebec or J.C Staff will do the Yuragi anime.
As far as I remember, To Love Ru had anime announced in Chapter 76 or 78.
It's at the ideal time for Yuragi to win anime.
Whomever does the animation for Monster Musume should do Yuragi imo.:datass
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You know for a fact that both Soma and BC have their highs and lows, but the reason why we talk about MnHA is because it's treated on the same pillar as OP.
You know OP has its own highs and lows and there's a portion of the fanbase that has not been happy since the timeskip started we just never see it reaction since its always in the top 3 so people can't gauge reactions unless they go to amazon and check out ratings for specific volumes. It just takes one vindication of a share opinion to make people speak out hence why people stopped bringing up Souma once its ranking started fluctuating badly and BC has always been a controversial subject here.
 

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
It doesn't sell anywhere near OP.
I am clearly talking about rank consistency, not sales.

Rank Consistency is nice, but it matters not when you have the longevity of a few years plus.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You know OP has its own highs and lows and there's a portion of the fanbase that has not been happy since the timeskip started we just never see it reaction since its always in the top 3 so people can't gauge reactions unless they go to amazon and check out ratings for specific volumes.
Still sells more than hq, souma, my hero academia, black clover, kimetsu, neverland, zumou, gintama and everything else in the universe combined.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I mean according to most ppl on here it's going downhill and boring yada yada alright then let's move on then to bigger and better things
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I mean according to most ppl on here it's going downhill and boring yada yada alright then let's move on then to bigger and better things
Like the VETERANS ownage? I personally would LOVE to talk about that.

MHA is simply getting what it deserver. Overhype for a pretty regular series.

I liked it, but it's not Naruto, One Piece or even Bleach old times level.

In a few years we won't even remember it.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Btw I'm still waiting (paciently) for you guys to recognize the venerate veterans filosophy.

Just assume I was right. It's that easy.
No one ever said the veterans would flop
What people were saying was that your logic of "veterans will do better because their veterans and rookies stand no chance" was stupid
 

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
You know OP has its own highs and lows and there's a portion of the fanbase that has not been happy since the timeskip started we just never see it reaction since its always in the top 3 so people can't gauge reactions unless they go to amazon and check out ratings for specific volumes. It just takes one vindication of a share opinion to make people speak out hence why people stopped bringing up Souma once its ranking started fluctuating badly and BC has always been a controversial subject here.
OP is a twenty year old series and the face of WSJ, I don't have the time to check 800+ chapters for their individual ranks. I just assuming that the series is constantly Top 5, which BnHA seems to have lost.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
No one ever said the veterans would flop
What people were saying was that your logic of "veterans will do better because their veterans and rookies stand no chance" was stupid
Oh, I see... So it WAS stupid and it's not anymore right?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
OP is a twenty year old series and the face of WSJ, I don't have the time to check 800+ chapters for their individual ranks. I just assuming that the series is constantly Top 5, which BnHA seems to have lost.
Kochikame had double that time and did not sell nowhere near Haikyuu for good 10 years?
 

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
No one ever said the veterans would flop
What people were saying was that your logic of "veterans will do better because their veterans and rookies stand no chance" was stupid
Hungry Marie going to Top 5 from here on out, kappa.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Like the VETERANS ownage? I personally would LOVE to talk about that.

MHA is simply getting what it deserver. Overhype for a pretty regular series.

I liked it, but it's not Naruto, One Piece or even Bleach old times level.

In a few years we won't even remember it.
Ok then, lets move on
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
You know for a fact that both Soma and BC have their highs and lows, but the reason why we talk about MnHA is because it's treated on the same pillar as OP.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Whomever does the animation for Monster Musume should do Yuragi imo.:datass
I had forgotten about the Lerche Studio.
It would be nice if the same Monster Musume staff did the Yuragi anime.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Oh, I see... So it WAS stupid and it's not anymore right?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Kochikame had double that time and did not sell nowhere near Haikyuu for good 10 years?
Well
One of the veterans you said would succeed flopped.
And one of the ppl you said wouldn't succeed because they're a rookie did
 

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
@G_I_A I am clearly talking about ranks, why are you blabbering about sales again?
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well
One of the veterans you said would succeed flopped.
And one of the ppl you said wouldn't succeed because they're a rookie did
Well all 3 veterans are still serialized. 2 of rookies are dead so yeah I think I got it right huh?
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
OP is a twenty year old series and the face of WSJ, I don't have the time to check 800+ chapters for their individual ranks. I just assuming that the series is constantly Top 5, which BnHA seems to have lost.
If you remember the Bleach rankings compilation i did back when it ended, One Piece rarely ever left the top 2 during the entire time Bleach was serialized.
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
Can we start taking bets on next week's axe? Hunter's hiatus means some heads are finally gonna roll.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
@G_I_A I am clearly talking about ranks, why are you blabbering about sales again?
Ok you want ranks? I invite you to check the toc when

Naruto, Bleach, Toriko, MHA and pretty much all the series that you can possibly like on jump's last 20 years started... You'll see that One Piece is almost always on first.

Why? It's simple. Because it's the best manga of all time.

Sales are just the reflection of that.

You doubt? Be my guest to check all tocs in the universe here: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/weekly-shonen-jump/4050-43519/

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Can we start taking bets on next week's axe? Hunter's hiatus means some heads are finally gonna roll.
My man! I bet Spring weapon will die before Marie.

Why? VETERAN power.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Cross Account and Hungry Marie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top