I would rather watch Boruto than DB:S tbvh. Not to say Boruto is good, it's awful too.
Not even a big fan of the character models of Dragon Ball Super, they look weird. I don't get why Toei makes their muscle glisten that much it looks awkward. Their older designs look waaaay better (its fanart but you get the point)
Boruto is okay for what it is so far.
It doesn't have any glaring inconsistencies and the cast interaction feel fresh and geniuine. The characters lack the charm of the Naruto cast but I'm confident they will get their moment to shine down the line, just like in the original series. It's nicely animated and directed too.
DBS is like 115 episodes in as it's been a mishmash of fanfic tier writing and weird characters and transformations just for the sake of selling toys and other merchandise. I absolutely despise the way it looks as you righfully mention.
Not only that, but some of the writing has been awful so far. The Zamasu arc is a prime example. I enjoyed the two-ep special and you can find nice moments here and there, but that's about it.
The memes are funny though. Gohan Blanco and El Grande Padre are literally the best thing ever.