Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
Raising his right arm and making a fist, while that arm is covered in black through Haki/Demon powers and looking directly at the reader is too much to be a mere coincidence.
Then again Tabata is copying every battle shonen manga in existence.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I will only believe BLack Clover is copying other series if we get a YunoAsta kiss...since we dont have that, it is not a naruto clone.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
It's just another example of BC not getting the benefit of the doubt over here, I see the same in the comments section from the site I watch on. You see more "Naruto" and "Fairy Tail" more than anything regarding the episodes lol. The cover is actually better than what I've seen cause I've not too big of a fan of the art style in the manga. SP doesn't do much right, but music and character designs are their forte. There's no same face issue I see in the anime.
 

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong
The comparisons are not just inevitable, I'd say they are even encouraged by its own marketing team. Its difficult already trying to judge it on its own merits but its even more difficult to avoid phrases like "The Next Naruto!", "The Next Fairy Tail!" ,"New Big Three!", "Like Naruto with Magic!", "THE NEXT "BIG SHOUNEN!"

So and so forth.

I speculate that these comparisons make Black Clover easier to market, especially since it (still) has trouble forming its own identity.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Any comparison with the last volume of Neverland in the same number of days?
 

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong
I don't know exactly what the situation is but they posted again with different numbers.

 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Easier to just wait until the numbers are confirmed later. I'd like to think that the second post is the real one, since MHA's numbers in the first one are disappointing.
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
It was the second post that was the real sales. First 5ch guy admitted the fake.

October:
640913 Haikyu
220408 Gintama
194163 Black Clover
187484 World's End Harem
150889 DBS
135958 Kimetsu no Yaiba
115212 Saiki
102462 Robot X LASERBEAM
72918 BokuBen

**13209 *194163 ブ
***9078 *341441 ブ
***8769 *327502 ブ
Any guesses which backlog volumes those are?

Then again Tabata is copying every battle shonen manga in existence.
Name something that didn't run for 15 years.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh ok, 2nd one makes alot more sense anyways.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yeah, RobotxLaserbeam passed 100k, Fujimaki getting all the fujoshis

What a failure Black Clover is too, not even 200k in a month.

Next Naruto, they said(magimeme.jpg)
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
MHA #16 : 274 338
Vol.12(3 Days)- 184,544
Vol.13(6 Days)- 264,367
Vol.14(3 Days)- 183,296
Vol.15(7 Days)- 340,125

Good news after all then. I was curious as to how it's post-season 2 numbers would be.
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
It looks like MHA grew again I'm pleased.
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Huh, for some reason that OP cover seemed more recent to me. I never said the manga wasn't a success or that I don't accept it, I don't see the problem with discussing the issue if it was pointed out by whoever posted that tweet. No need to be sensitive about it.
I'm not talking specifically about your comment, but rather on a general basis (if you found it similar and think that Tabata wanted to take advantage and do something similar, it's okay, you did not show disrespect or something like that). It's annoying how ANY thing that anyone from here sees, comes to say it's copying or plagiarizing something that came before.

I believe that the average age of the people here is 16~24 (I'm 19), and man... The impression that passes is that you all are boring old men who do not know to enjoy anything.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
"The impression that passes is that you all are boring old men who do not know to enjoy anything."

Lol what? xD If someone dislikes something or feels a certain way about it does it mean they're a boring old man?
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Dude, that's truly annoying... Black Clover can't do NOTHING and the people already think it's copying something. That OP's cover is from the year 2013, c'mon, let's stop with this bullshit, sounds like the people don't wanna accept the manga is a success.
Lmao dude, whether or not Black Clover is a success is debatable, but no one even mentioned it. No need to get so triggered.

Seriously, Black Clover "haters" get a lot of flak from a few people here, but I'd argue that some of the apologists are just as bad, if not worse.

The first page on Black Clover is literally the first page of Naruto
Try first chapter lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top