Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
all this world trigger talk reminds me I need to check it out, heard it's big on strategy and has cool character designs. guess I'll watch the anime first then hop to the manga if it adapts faithfully
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
all this world trigger talk reminds me I need to check it out, heard it's big on strategy and has cool character designs. guess I'll watch the anime first then hop to the manga if it adapts faithfully
Don't watch the anime unless you need help falling asleep at night, and I say that as someone who is literally not reading anything in WSJ other than World Trigger.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Dropped it at like episode 5.
There were scenes of characters staring at each other that lasted like 15 seconds. Literally a slide show.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Dropped it at like episode 5.
There were scenes of characters staring at each other that lasted like 15 seconds. Literally a slide show.
Episode 5, wow. I dropped it at like episode 1 when I saw the first Neighbour appear. I didn't even watch half the episode...
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
all this world trigger talk reminds me I need to check it out, heard it's big on strategy and has cool character designs. guess I'll watch the anime first then hop to the manga if it adapts faithfully
Dude, I watched the anime World Trigger instead of reading manga. Today I prefer to read the manga (because it's better), but watching the anime is also cool (for me).
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Dropped it at like episode 5.
There were scenes of characters staring at each other that lasted like 15 seconds. Literally a slide show.
Classic Toei.
 

Felcis

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2007
Messages
150
Reaction score
243
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
WorldTrigger-Anime in a nutshell (minor spoiler)

Though it did get better over time, after they hammered out the worst production and scheduling problems they apparently had in the beginning. Of course still is a very sub-par adaptation. Good voice cast and occasionally some nice animation, but the overall direction and pacing was far from satisfying.
Better start with the manga and then try watching some scenes you especially like in the anime.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Yuragi anime announcement on color page:
Broadcast info and cast to be revealed next issue and at the JF stage, as said before.
No mention about studio at JF?
 

Ninjaz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Messages
216
Reaction score
172
Country
Joker
No mention about studio at JF?
Studio will more than likely be made known by then, but as far as I know they haven pre-announced the announcement.
If I were you, I'd expect it to be revealed by then.
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Man, it must suck for Seishi to be stuck living in his brother's shadow for all his life. It would have been really cool if the twins were able to compete against each other in the manga industry.
I enjoyed most of his manga. Especially 666 satan and Blazer Drive. It's a pity he doesn't have success in Japan
 

Reigen

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2017
Messages
186
Reaction score
290
Age
29
Country
Morocco
Yuragi anime announcement on color page:
Broadcast info and cast to be revealed next issue and at the JF stage, as said before.
Am i the only who can't see the image?
Edit: i can see it now
 
Last edited:

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Don't watch the anime unless you need help falling asleep at night, and I say that as someone who is literally not reading anything in WSJ other than World Trigger.
Since using the internet I've heard of two legit terrible anime adaptations: Toyko Ghoul and SAO. I watched SAO and thought it was fine but I died reading TG's manga, dropped so I never made it to the anime. Is World Trigger's worse than TG's?

Am i the only who can't see the image?
Try removing censorship on your browser, it's just Yuuna looking hot.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Monster x Striker: Hiatus Edition, you have to wait every few months\years to be able to play the game.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Since using the internet I've heard of two legit terrible anime adaptations: Toyko Ghoul and SAO. I watched SAO and thought it was fine but I died reading TG's manga, dropped so I never made it to the anime. Is World Trigger's worse than TG's?
Can’t really compare as they’re 2 different levels of bad. WT is just terrible production wise, but it nails the content at least (rather it doesn’t stray or cut anything, though that caused pacing issues of their own). TG is terrible in the sense that it mucks up and skips over the story, while also having poor production in places (not really as bad though and has flashy moments). 150 chapters of a story-heavy series condensed in 24 episodes should tell you everything really. Even 50 eps would have been fast pacing. 6 eps into BC and we’re on chapter 5. 6 of TG would have taken them to like chapter 30-40 lol.

I would say your enjoyment of WT really relies on how much production quality tends to bug you. A few years ago when WT came out, I was brainless and didn’t really care or even know about that stuff, so I enjoyed it a lot (that falling scene that someone posted earlier still bugged me though. Easily the worst in the series). Honestly don’t think I could put up with watching it nowadays though.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Yeah it looks great but I just noticed that Yami's hand is as big as his head and now I can't stop looking at it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top