Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Explain to me again how the teacher isn't best girl, please enlighten me.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Explain to me again how the teacher isn't best girl, please enlighten me.
No, by best girl you must mean the perfectly legit teasing loli senpai of course :hee
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Sorry, but Fumino is the best girl.
She's very cute.:hearts
Honestly, I like all of the characters very much. Even my least favorite girl would rank an 8/10. They're just all really enjoyable to see, and they each have a good connection and interactions with Yuiga. Lucky for you, you have boarded the ship most likely to set sail in the end lol
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
RuroKen: Hokkaido Arc has been removed entirely from Viz's site.
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/rurouni-kenshin-the-hokkaido-arc
Wow guess they want to make sure their not included in google search results, though I wonder if they removed original Rurouni Kenshin from the site.

Full version of that Kimetsu no Yaiba cover I posted a few days ago.

Kimetsu Yaiba art always looks so lifeless and dull and outdated. I hope the character designer for the eventual anime can really bring it some life and give it the modern artstyle feel.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Thank you for your insightful and intelligent remarks regarding Kimetsu no Yaiba and its artwork. Maybe I would take your opinion seriously if you read the manga.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Sharkbait isn't trolling bro. I have major issues with the art style and it's why I haven't tried it. For example, I don't see the hype over Black Clover's art style in the manga and I find it overrated but anime straight up made it gorgeous. I'm deadass too, the art and animation is the best thing.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thank you for your insightful and intelligent remarks regarding Kimetsu no Yaiba and its artwork. Maybe I would take your opinion seriously if you read the manga.
I read the jump start chapters, theres no legal way for me to read the manga in english, so I hope you arent suggesting I should resort to illicit means instead of waiting for viz's to come out?
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Kimetsu Yaiba art always looks so lifeless and dull and outdated. I hope the character designer for the eventual anime can really bring it some life and give it the modern artstyle feel.
I think the opposite. I wouldn't want the anime to give it a modern look, the art is has suites the setting they are in, Taisho Era.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think the opposite. I wouldn't want the anime to give it a modern look, the art is has suites the setting they are in, Taisho Era.
but modern look is so familiar and looks so appealing :(
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I think the opposite. I wouldn't want the anime to give it a modern look, the art is has suites the setting they are in, Taisho Era.
Modifying the designs is the number 1 thing the anime shouldn't do. Sure, they can make them more suited for animation, but only if they really respect the style overall. I actually just thought how the anime might benefit having thicker outlines like Owari no Seraph did, maybe WIT are a good fit for the anime.

Sharkbait isn't trolling bro. I have major issues with the art style and it's why I haven't tried it. For example, I don't see the hype over Black Clover's art style in the manga and I find it overrated but anime straight up made it gorgeous. I'm deadass too, the art and animation is the best thing.
Funny enough, I think the Black Clover anime looks pretty ugly, but that's probably mostly Pierrot's fault. What I have seen of the Black Clover manga art is pretty nice, especially the author's color work.

but modern look is so familiar and looks so appealing :(
Well, one of the main distinctive traits of KnY is the unique art style and how the art fits the setting very well. There are plenty of other series that have nice modern art for your enjoyment. You said that the characters look lifeless, but I disagree, if you are referring to Nezuko, then I agree, she does look lifeless but there's a really good reason for that. It all comes down to personal tastes in the end.
 

Luca11

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2017
Messages
100
Reaction score
51
Age
33
Country
Wake Island
Kimetsu art actually reminds me a lot Rumiko Takahashi's art but with less dynamic panelling, although that can improve with time.

but modern look is so familiar and looks so appealing :(
I'm not quite sure what you mean by modern look. I don't think there's a universal "modern anime look"
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kimetsu's art is definitely unique to to the say the least. It's definitely not for everyone but it goes back to what I'm saying that everything about Kimetsu could not have been done by anyone by Gotouge writing and artwise. I'm afraid its unique fair is going to be lost when it gets an anime.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Kimetsu art actually reminds me a lot Rumiko Takahashi's art but with less dynamic panelling, although that can improve with time.
You know, the more I thought about it and looked into it, I think the art style that Kimetsu has is pretty similar to that of Owari no Seraph, I hadn't noticed this before. I quickly glanced over the Owari manga and it does remind me a lot of Kimetsu, probably because both mangaka have somewhat similar proportions and because they do faces in a fairly similar fashion. Yeah, you know what Wit would be a good fit for the anime adaptation.

Kimetsu's art is definitely unique to to the say the least. It's definitely not for everyone but it goes back to what I'm saying that everything about Kimetsu could not have been done by anyone by Gotouge writing and artwise. I'm afraid its unique fair is going to be lost when it gets an anime.
Very true, it isn't for everyone and also true that no one else could've made Kimetsu. I don't think the manga's art will be lost in the anime, if they give it to a competent studio and a good character designer. As I pointed out above, the art reminds me a lot of Owari no Seraph and I think that if they would go for something similar to what the WIT anime adaptation had, it would be great, especially since Owari had some incredible background art, if they can find a way to blend in the characters in the background better, it could work out great. Bones would also be a studio that would nail the aesthetic in anime form without a doubt, they always tackle different art styles and do them justice like no other studio.

Edit, but who knows what fate Kimetsu will have, the art style will surely be lost if it goes to Pierrot or another bad studio, since they won't put in the extra effort to really make things work in animation with the manga designs.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Yup, Kimetsu would definitely work in animation in a similar style to this. Some adjustments here and there and maybe an interesting extra quirk to the digital effects to mimic some things the manga does and things would be pretty good.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
But Owari no Serafu characters looks like modern artstyle...though the backgrounds are on the upper echelon of excellent anime background.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
But Owari no Serafu characters looks like modern artstyle...though the backgrounds are on the upper echelon of excellent anime background.
I didn't say Kimetsu looks exactly like it, but in my eyes, they do seem pretty similar. Kimetsu does have its added unique quirks, but this is the first time I've found something that I can say looks pretty similar when it comes to proportions, hair and facial styles.

Someone above did say, what is a modern art style really? The backgrounds really are excellent, they're all hand painted, Kimetsu could really benefit from something similar when it gets an adaptation. As I said above, some adjustments here and there and maybe if they use an interesting animation quirk and some creative digital filters, they'll manage to really captivate Kimetsu's art style, maybe even the use of thicker outlines would be beneficial. Another crucial thing will be what color scheme they use and how saturated the colors are.

It's definetely going to be interesting to see what route they take for the Kimetsu anime, either they go ahead and put in the extra effort needed to really do the manga justice or they'll just throw something out there, which would be unfortunate, I feel like Shueisha do realize how important the art is for the manga and how it truly is an essential part of its identity as an manga.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top