Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Where do you get this idea that it has a chance of reaching Naruto levels? I usually ignore what you say for obvious reasons, but now I'm genuinely curious to see your reasoning. By the way, you can't say "cute boys".
After the current moment in the series and introducing the eye of the midnight sun, Tabata's creative brilliance makes itself apparent which launched the series into the upper echelon of great storytelling among its contemporaries. It was here that the series established itself as one of the most approachable and high quality series, so it seems clear to me that the series is capable of reaching the same audience as the larger sellers in the magazine. Just look at how prevalent sentiment for BLack Clover is domestically and abroad. Look at how the manga continues to chart week after week, many volumes are already at or way past 500K.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
You took the bait
Lmao, I'm aware that what he says should usually be taken with a grain of salt, but I wanted to see if he had any reasoning behind his claims besides just living up to his name.
 

Luca11

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2017
Messages
100
Reaction score
51
Age
33
Country
Wake Island
The baits here are rampant lol. I'm not sure whether I should feel amused or exasperated when we devolve to banter about BC's success whenever a ranking pops up.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Miyazaki said he's going to scrap his final film and instead do a Black Clover movie.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't read or watch Shokugeki, but I checked out an episode because of the discussion about it. What threw me off was how the camera was constantly panning. It rarely ever sat still, and it made it hard to watch. Maybe it's not a problem throughout the season, and was just that one episode I watched.
Okay I never realized this before, but when I watched todays episode, I cant believe how true this actually is. There's moments where its doing this for 8 minutes straight in scenes where they are litrally just standing in a room too.
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Yearly Manga Sale List? I want to see if Black Clover even manage to pass top 20
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
I thought the 2017 bestseller list was coming out in November.
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
For now, I do not see a justification for Black Clover selling more than 300k, the anime has virtually no action, and that's a good point of the series.
I think this may change a bit when the anime adapts the Dungeon Arc.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Oh shit, I completely forgot about that. That will work as a good decider to see how well Black Clover is doing.
 

WesKR

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
168
Reaction score
105
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
World Trigger had very slow gains too but it eventually crawled up to 300-350k
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's impossible for the volumes to have not reached 300K.
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
God, so much damn camera panning to the point of annoyance. But overall, the series didn´t need a Good vs Evil type of plot. And recent episodes are filler-like(filler as in not doing much stuff in 20 minutes). I liked the "to the point" pace of season 2, so Season 3 is making me suffer through a slog of crap I don´t wanna see. Not even Erina´s so called "redemption" is interesting. I don´t buy that thing, why do you?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
God, so much damn camera panning to the point of annoyance. But overall, the series didn´t need a Good vs Evil type of plot. And recent episodes are filler-like(filler as in not doing much stuff in 20 minutes). I liked the "to the point" pace of season 2, so Season 3 is making me suffer through a slog of crap I don´t wanna see. Not even Erina´s so called "redemption" is interesting. I don´t buy that thing, why do you?
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Is there even a TOC this week? Isn't this break week?
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
1号
ハイキュー
ネバラン
ワンピ
鬼滅
ストーン ※Cカラー
斉木
ブラクロ
ゴーレム
ヒロアカ
勉強 ※Cカラー
ソーマ
フルドラ
ゆらぎ ※Cカラー
銀魂
火ノ丸
ロボ
クロアカ
青春
シューダン
リコピン ※分割終了

2・3号
巻頭:ヒロアカ※人気投票結果発表
Cカラー:ロボ(飛び石第2弾)ネバラン、読切
読切:パートスリーズ(原作:西尾維新、漫画:河下水希)

50周年記念プロジェクト
・実力派作家による新作読切
・新連載&ハンタ再開
・歴代背表紙が復刻。1号は創刊年、2・3号は1969年の背表紙を採用
全号集めて50年の歴史をコンプリートしよう!
・他にもイベントやSP本などの記念企画をやる予定
----
snipped
 
Last edited:

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Looks like HxH is returning then if that's real.
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
#01
Haikyu! - Les As du Volley (Page couleur)
The Promised Neverland
One Piece
Les Rodeurs de la Nuit
Dr. Stone (Page couleur)
Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan
Black Clover
Golem Hearts
My Hero Academia
We Never Learn (Page couleur)
Food Wars
Fulldrive
Yuragi-so no Yuna-san (Page couleur)
Gintama
Hinomaru Sumo
Robot x Laserbeam
Cross Account
Spring Weapon No 1
Shudan
Tomatoypoo no Lycopene (A partir du #02-03 il n'y aura plus qu'un seul chapitre par numéro)

#02-03
My Hero Academia (Page couleur et résultat du concours de popularité des personnages)
Robot x Laserbeam et The Promised Neverland (Page couleur)
Part Three - Mizuki Kawashita x Nishio Ishin (Oneshot, page couleur)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top