- Joined
- Nov 5, 2017
- Messages
- 1,929
- Reaction score
- 877
- Country
-
Holy shit, so it probably will be Toei, I was expecting this to be possible, I mean, things are set up perfectly for an adaptation of the first part with all that content, maybe they waited for this long on purpose for the anime so they could just adapt the first part. Either it's Toei or a combo of Madhouse x Production I.G or Madhouse x TMS or just I.G if we get super lucky.Look like Hinomaru anime will adapting all 1st part (chapter 1 to 159 means volume 1 to 17).
I really doubt it's Pierrot because I feel like they have their hands full with BC and Boruto for now and and they have other projects for 2018 confirmed already, but they are one of the only studios that still do long running anime, so they are a possibility.
Can the adaptation be good if Toei gets it? Well, there is a lot of content to work with, so at least we shouldn't get any filler garbage, at least that's my wishful thinking.
If a good staff works on it then maybe we'll get lucky and there will be good animation highlights like there were with Tiger Mask W from time to time.
Toei are quite free right now, they do make long running shows all the time and they haven't touched any WSJ manga since World Trigger in 2014.
Then the question is, what would the pacing be? If they only adapt 2 chapters per episode we'll get about 80 episodes If they adapt about 3 chapters per episode, we'll get something like 52-54 episodes, which would probably be for the best? I feel like with Toei, the longer something is, the worse the quality is going to be.