1. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. The 2017 Leaderboard is now finalized and the results are:

1st place: riki and DiMaria Yesta
    2nd place: goldb and Organizized
    3rd place: Farfalla

Congratulations to them and great work to all those that participated over the course of the year. The full leaderboard can be viewed here.

The 2018 Art Contest Year will begin soon. Stay Tuned!!
  4. The semifinals of our Husbando War are finally live! Vote for your favorite Husbando now!
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Discussion in 'Manga News' started by jagman1x3, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Aipom626

Aipom626 Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    It's nice to see a lot of my favorite series in there, especially Yuuna, Saiki, Kaguya and Umaru. I love how We Never Learn was able to squeeze in there at number 500 exactly lol. I can't wait to see how much it grows this year

2. RafaFedKilla

RafaFedKilla Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    I heard from a source close to he matter that ActAge is GOOD.

Aipom626 likes this.
  3. Reigen

Reigen Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Morocco
    No, the disscussion begun before that and i said that i forgot to include the special edition sales, and here i was exactly replying to Chocabar's comment: "In what dimension is 164k higher than 168k?" it has nothing to do with the wrong numbers.

I'm speaking in general, there was other discussions about this before, and even this time for example you have xAsum0x's comment: "It's already been shown that even with that much TV advertisement TPN still isn't selling close to MHA" but we know that TPN is selling so close to MHA in the same period, i was simply going to compare their perspective 7th volume just to point how close they are not to make one looks better than the other but accidently i didn't notice MHA's special edition sales.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 13, 2018 at 9:45 AM, Original Post Date: Jan 13, 2018 at 9:23 AM ---
    No, this why i added "if you count this one" but it doesn't change the fact that MHA got highly promoted as well.
    Sorry then, I misunderstood what you meant.

4. cody

cody Registered User

Joker
    This is for the Bokuben fans, I feel like it's also coming in next in line for an anime adaptation besides Kimetsu and Neverland because of it's big growth and because romcoms are in high demand right now, it might even get an anime before both or before one of those, depending how much of a hurry they're in. I don't read the manga personally, but who do you think would be a good studio for the anime?

Aipom626 likes this.
  5. EmDee

EmDee Registered User

United States
    Not really. It hasn't grown much.

As for the studio, I'd say Shaft because they handled Nisekoi well from what I remember. I don't watch romcoms anymore so I don't really have much of a frame of reference.

Aipom626 likes this.
  6. cody

cody Registered User

Joker
    For a romcom.*

7. Mr.Fujimaster

Mr.Fujimaster Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Brazil
    It can be Shaft or Silver Link.
    But I really want it to be Shaft, because I really enjoyed their work with Nisekoi.

8. ElJin

ElJin Registered User

Brazil
    Shaft is amazing with visuals. They always deliver a great production visually (full of colors and this is amazing, just watch Sangatsu no Lion), the biggest problem with it is the animation itself, the characters' movements are almost always very static, and Shaft tends to "hide" this with angle games (again I quote Sangatsu as an example).

Because of this, I would love Silver Link (something like what they done with Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge).

9. Reigen

Reigen Registered User

Morocco
    Well i disagree, sure TPN didn't sell that much from the start but it did pretty well for a manga by a new author, when the first volume released it sold slightly more than Kimetsu's fourth volume that came with Togashi's recommendation.
    1st volume sold 49,785 copies in 10 days, 2nd Vol. 78,409 copies (10 days), 3rd Vol. 94,969 (6 days), obviously you can see the growth, it had 700,000 copies in print as of May 2017 (3 volumes)
    [​IMG]
    After this we find out that the first two volumes reached the Top-100 Selling volumes in 2017's First Half by 223,329 copies (1st Vol) and 207,190 copies (2nd Vol) surpassing Black clover's ninth volume: 200,980. it was selling well at that time, Oda's recommendation+Ame Talk show happened after that.

10. Obitooooo

Obitooooo Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Colombia
    Total prints for TPN : 3´300.000 ( 7 VOLUMEN )

Source : Manga Mag

cody likes this.
  11. ChocoBar9

ChocoBar9 Registered User

United States
    Being on a program that promotes Jump titles exclusively is entirely different from being on a popular program that doesn't. You're really stretching if you believe that MHA had the same amount of promotion as TPN. Getting a Vcomic isn't promotion its a result of popularity and demand.

12. Reigen

Reigen Registered User

Morocco
  13. cody

cody Registered User

Joker
  14. ruggia

ruggia Registered User

South Korea
    It's an online fanbased award where the top winner only has ~100 votes. Don't expect anything noticeable.

The main reason the big, company-backed awards are significant for boosting sales is because they are used by bookstores and ebook sellers to setup special promotional campaigns featuring them.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 11:29 PM
    cody likes this.
  15. Reigen

Reigen Registered User

Morocco
    Hinomaru Zumou wasn't that successful yet it got a vomic as well, even if its a result of popularity and demand its still promoting because what they want from it is to sell more, it got colour pages and covers as much as TPN in the same period, recommended by Oda in Vol.77 Sbs, an interview between Horikoshi and Kishimoto, and just in one month a spin-off manga launched and anime+3DS Game & Arcade Card Game announced, this happened in the same length of time that TPN been in the magazine so far, i don't see how this is a less promotion/pushing than what TPN got.

16. De La Croissant

De La Croissant Registered User

The Wall
    Here we go again.

Aipom626 likes this.
  17. ChocoBar9

ChocoBar9 Registered User

United States
    There's been no cases of a Vcomic moving sales figures of a series

TPN got more color pages and covers

A shout out in the back of a volume and an online interview is the equivalent of a signed author recommendation on the front cover of a volume?

SMASH debuted over a year after the series started and both those games came out when the anime premiered. TPN isn't even two years old. You are really desperately grasping for straws now..

18. SharkBait

SharkBait MH Senpai

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

United States
    I miss the Hinomaru Zumou is ending posts. What a time it was.

19. Reigen

Reigen Registered User

Morocco
    Just found this

cody likes this.
  20. cody

cody Registered User

Joker
    So that was a constant thing over here? That'll be dead once and for all, which is good.

I don't know why people are wasting their time with TPN and Bnha when Bozebeats is clearly the new hotness.