Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tymano

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2018
Messages
285
Reaction score
329
Age
26
Country
United States
Time for a quiz. What do you prefer?
-Kimagure Orange Road
-Video Girl Ai
-I"s
-Ichigo 100%
-Nisekoi
-WNL

Harenchi Gakuen, Stop! Hibari-kun, Wingman, To Love-ru, and Yuuna-san could also be included
Orange Road, WNL, and To Love-Ru.

I've never read Katsura's works (although I really need to) and I always get turned off by early Nisekoi's art whenever I try to read it.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Time for a quiz. What do you prefer?
-Kimagure Orange Road
-Video Girl Ai
-I"s
-Ichigo 100%
-Nisekoi
-WNL

Harenchi Gakuen, Stop! Hibari-kun, Wingman, To Love-ru, and Yuuna-san could also be included
Orange Road, Video Girl Ai, Ichigo 100%, Hibari-kun, Bokuben.

Orange Road is fantastic and I loved Video Girl Ai. I still have to finish I"s and I can't find Harenchi Gakuen. Ichigo 100% was infuriating but the heroines are great for me. Bokuben is okay for now but I do feel like fatigue regarding the setting has begun to set in.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,563
Reaction score
11,299
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Don't take the bait.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,563
Reaction score
11,299
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
On the other hand, Gintama continues to fall and Black Clover is also experiencing an unexpected drop:
I do not see any drop honestly .....
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Happy to see Neverland and Kimetsu doing well, but Im a bit surprised for the BC drop, did something happen in the manga?
But then, Kimetsu sells less than Black Clover, but the drop is suffering the latter, WTF?
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Don't take the bait.
just to be clear, you are talking to yourself right?

_____

slightly off topic since I don't know where to find Oricon's number and I can't wait for Heiji,

@iceemperor , can I know the exact number for Zero's tea time, just that... thanks


____
...
Numbers may be absolute, but trend and performance are relative
 
Last edited:

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
just to be clear, you are talking to yourself right?
You know who I'm talking about. :3c
We don't want to waste 3 pages arguing over the obvious again every time Black Clover comes up.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,563
Reaction score
11,299
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I just only wanna know why this should be a drop...
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@iceemperor already explained one of the possibilities there really isn't anymore to further go into since its fairly minimal in itself.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Seeing the Amano's new project I have nice question: What was your favourite "mid-late 00s rookie" who doesn't success in jump?.

But then, Kimetsu sells less than Black Clover, but the drop is suffering the latter, WTF?
Low quality bait.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,563
Reaction score
11,299
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Seeing the Amano's new project I have nice question: What was your favourite "mid-late 00s rookies" who doesn't success?.


Low quality bait.
??

I wa refering to these.

Happy to see Neverland and Kimetsu doing well, but Im a bit surprised for the BC drop, did something happen in the manga?
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Seeing the Amano's new project I have nice question: What was your favourite "mid-late 00s rookie" who doesn't success in jump?.
Despite the fact that he essentially became a meme right after his second serialized got canned I always have a soft spot for Yasuhiro Kanō, any mangaka that can take the piss out of himself is okay in my book. And while Bobobo lost A LOT of steam towards the end and the sequel couldn't recapture the same magic I still consider Yoshio Sawai pretty underrated and hey he does hold the record for fastest cancellation in Jump so you can't take that from him.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,563
Reaction score
11,299
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Glad to see that Neverland, BC and Kimetsu are doing well.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Too soon and not enough data to say the BLack Clover rise has halted. The full year rankings for the volume will show Volume over Volume growth.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Despite the fact that he essentially became a meme right after his second serialized got canned I always have a soft spot for Yasuhiro Kanō, any mangaka that can take the piss out of himself is okay in my book. And while Bobobo lost A LOT of steam towards the end and the sequel couldn't recapture the same magic I still consider Yoshio Sawai pretty underrated and hey he does hold the record for fastest cancellation in Jump so you can't take that from him.
The problem of the sequel was the bad choice of focusing characters:
-The Koala was a poor man dengakuman and boring.
-Tokoro, Hanpen and Softon appears too late.
-Heppokomaru is a big part of bobobo. He can be a serious guy or a comedy ones, appearing only in the last two battles was a mistake. Hell, he was one of the best part of the axed final battle , attacking the 5th emperor.
-Without Heppo, he should have put a past enemy in the team to fills the void of "serious and funny guy" character, but he refuse. Giga and Halekulani would have been a perfect.
-Most of the new characters introduced except Heppo sister and evil beauty/Bobobo were mediocre.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Black Clover is a big sucess in digital sales. It will be a juggernaut in sales this year, you can call "Black Red Dead Clover 2"
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,553
Reaction score
15,721
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I wonder why Black Clover is so hated in Internet. Asta is a very likeable MC.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
More than half the magazine either have anime's or are gonna debut them soon. Jump is in a good spot imo. Maybe not any mega hits but the quality is diverse and alot of them are getting good studios.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I wonder why Black Clover is so hated in Internet. Asta is a very likeable MC.
Lets not do this lol
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
More than half the magazine either have anime's or are gonna debut them soon. Jump is in a good spot imo. Maybe not any mega hits but the quality is diverse and alot of them are getting good studios.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Lets not do this lol
BLack Clover positive sentiments is what keeps me on this site. Im always up for more BLack Clover discussion. I love reading y'all's comments on my favorite ongoing action manga in Shonen Jump.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Black Clover is a big sucess in digital sales. It will be a juggernaut in sales this year, you can call "Black Red Dead Clover 2"
I wonder why Black Clover is so hated in Internet. Asta is a very likeable MC.
Just so you know there's a Black Clover section for all your Black Clover needs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top