Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Has he done any other one shot since Red Sprite?
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Now we can finally do Studio bets for Dr.Stone
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
All in on Toei :3c
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Toei most likely. They haven't touched any new WSJ titles since like WT?

I remember people thought HZ would've gotten animated by Toei and now seeing Gonzo's lousy job, I wouldn't have mind Toei doing HZ. At least it would've gotten a boost in Toei's hands and be safe from getting axed for a while.
 
Last edited:

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Toei most likely. They haven't touched any new WSJ titles since like WT?

I remember people thought HZ would've gotten animated by Toei and now seeing Gonzo's lousy job, I wouldn't have mind Toei doing HZ. At least it would've gotten a boost in Toei's hands and be safe from getting axed for a while.
Gonzo's "lousy job" has nothing to do with whether it got a boost or not. Pierrot seemingly messed up TG way back with its first season and it blew up regardless. There have also been plenty of series that took off even with mediocre anime. Sumou, unfortunately, is simply past the window for growth. It doesn't help that its subject matter is with a niche sport. From what I've heard, they've picked up the pace with the anime, even rearranging stuff around to get to the tournaments quickly. That's not a bad strategy but its simply not working.

It honestly doesn't matter what studio gets the series in terms of a sales boost. Sure a good adaptation will help but a bad one won't suddenly hamper it outright though there will be an effect.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,565
Reaction score
11,300
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Remember what I said two or three weeks ago? I hope it's temporary, but my pessimism tells me it's not. ; _ ;
Where is the problem ?

No seriously....
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I think I'm more worried that they still haven't revealed the character poll yet and the series won't have another lead cover before the last issue of the year. 15 pages is at least a sign he's getting back to normal.
Oda had more problem compared to Hori. Regardless he made color spread and lead
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I feel like Jujutsu Kaisen will surpass Black Clover near 5 volumes
5 volumes I don' think so. 10 or 15 volumes more likely.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
This thread feels more and more like a BC thread.
Very funny...
 

Cavaner

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 15, 2017
Messages
16
Reaction score
7
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
MHA may not have the cover/pop poll results in #51, but unless I missed something, couldn’t it have it for #52? That’s still November, as was said, and will fall perfectly before the release of Volume 21. Again, unless something was already confirmed for #52 and I just missed it. Can anyone confirm or deny that #52 for MHA is a possibility?
 

TxxT

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2018
Messages
563
Reaction score
2,476
Country
Japan
MHA may not have the cover/pop poll results in #51, but unless I missed something, couldn’t it have it for #52? That’s still November, as was said, and will fall perfectly before the release of Volume 21. Again, unless something was already confirmed for #52 and I just missed it. Can anyone confirm or deny that #52 for MHA is a possibility?
Alot of people are speculating that KnY will have the cover for #52
 

Cavaner

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 15, 2017
Messages
16
Reaction score
7
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
Alot of people are speculating that KnY will have the cover for #52
Ah, okay, but no confirmation yet then. Even if that is the case, couldn’t MHA just have CPs and it’s poll results, with no cover? It’d be a bit of a shame, but I guess it’d be less of a burden on Horikoshi, which might be for the best right now.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I wouldn't rule out a Heroaca cover/lead CP for Issue 52 to end out the 50th anniversary year. Either that or 2019 Issue 1.
 

Cavaner

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 15, 2017
Messages
16
Reaction score
7
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
I wouldn't rule out a Heroaca cover/lead CP for Issue 52 to end out the 50th anniversary year. Either that or 2019 Issue 1.
Agreed! Just wonder what they’ll end up doing, considering they promised the poll results in November... guess we’ll see soon enough :P
 

Ninjaz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Messages
216
Reaction score
172
Country
Joker
Remember what I said two or three weeks ago? I hope it's temporary, but my pessimism tells me it's not. ; _ ;

Anyway, this is the first time that MHA takes the first place after more than a year. It's been so long that I wonder if it's not fake, especially because of Neverland's position.
It’s 120% temporary
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
I feel like a few years ago I would have been kind of hyped for a Yagi oneshot but now it's just meh.
Idk what happen to him, maybe his problem is because his editor?
Goblin knight was a good one shot, but his other works were meh to me.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Soma on the cover and WT and Koroko are also there

is this 2013?
 

Savi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
352
Reaction score
357
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
#51 :
One Piece Break
I think we can say it's already a pattern that mostly same for 3 years with Oda breaks, with a little change but same timing +-

 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Remember what I said two or three weeks ago? I hope it's temporary, but my pessimism tells me it's not. ; _ ;
Couldn't these chapters be ones he drew before he took his break?

Oda had more problem compared to Hori. Regardless he made color spread and lead
Can't compare. Oda has been doing this far longer and way more experienced so he'd be more efficient in how he manages his time and work. Plus, different people, different art styles, different work habit and ethics.

Very funny...
It is actually hilarious.

I think we can say it's already a pattern that mostly same for 3 years with Oda breaks, with a little change but same timing +-

As it should be. He deserves his breaks.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Will TPN become the new Sumo of begging for animation every week?
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
we still haven't seen any actual animation yet,

that was literally just character designs

edit: at least the voice acting was impactful
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top