Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 980 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

pamuchi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
I thought both were at 10M? And op beating KnY by only 50k? What happened here

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
With known numbers for KnY, it's currently ahead of One Piece by 200k copies

Kimetsu no Yaiba - 9,994,120 copies sold
One Piece - 9,771,454 copies sold

Didn't know that Death Note and Nana had actually beaten One Piece once in the past.(Nana is really a good series :wtf )

Kimetsu surpassing OP in yearly sales was one thing i was eagerly waiting for and i am glad that it happened finally. :allthe

@King Moe it apparently happened now.

Thundercat27

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Lmao, people already tried to downplay kny achievement.
I still can't believe this. It's like a dream or some kind of dank timeline.
Just last month (or 200 pages before due to S8 fiasco). only few optimist people would put kny above kingdom. Even our god of data and chart only gave kny a slim chance to be first.

Koni

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can already see certain youtubers doing that lol

But I wonder if people are going to start saying that Kimetsu declined hard when we see the series sales for 2020. It's safe to say it will be much lower in series sales next year but people won't factor that in and assume the volume sales dropped.
Kimetsu hype is at an all-time high right now, I really dont think the franchise is gonna see something like this again. It's inevitable that sales will decline, but where will they stabilize? Kimetsu can very well do 700k a month now, maybe 750k. That's still really high, and essentially guarantees it being a mainstay in the Top 5. Well... if the series itself continues.

As an aside, I'm pretty sure up to a good half of these series in the Top 10 will most likely end in the next year.

iamnightwing

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I thought both were at 10M? And op beating KnY by only 50k? What happened here
I think these are estimates... Of course we might be missing some numbers as there are weeks missing... if anything, next week will definitely see KNY pass OP for the year....

Tamil

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Here's a happy Araki at Lucca CGs event
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Kimetsu hype is at an all-time high right now, I really dont think the franchise is gonna see something like this again. It's inevitable that sales will decline, but where will they stabilize? Kimetsu can very well do 700k a month now, maybe 750k. That's still really high, and essentially guarantees it being a mainstay in the Top 5. Well... if the series itself continues.

As an aside, I'm pretty sure up to a good half of these series in the Top 10 will most likely end in the next year.
It did damn near 750k in a month. I think the series will peak with Demon Train arc so we will have to see after that. Like I mentioned before, as long as no asspulls/rushing happens then it shouldnt drop too much in volume sales.

Who knows what will be a big hit till Kimetsu ends so I wont say that a top 5 spot is guaranteed, even if it is likely. Sales boost can be unpredictable as we learned from Kimetsu lol.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Poor Yaiba, is making history beating One Piece in the early sales but is already being doubted about even being in the top 5 of 2020...

pamuchi

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
I think these are estimates... Of course we might be missing some numbers as there are weeks missing... if anything, next week will definitely see KNY pass OP for the year....
I've read that OP has 6 weeks missing, when they reveal that data KnY still will overtake op by a low margin or op will pass it again?
Also, how many weeks left for Oricon yearly lists?

iamnightwing

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I've read that OP has 6 weeks missing, when they reveal that data KnY still will overtake op by a low margin or op will pass it again?
Also, how many weeks left for Oricon yearly lists?
2018 Tracking year ended November 19,2018... so I guess we still have 2-3 weeks of tracking number... Most estimate says either OP is still leading a few thousands or KNY already surpassed it by 200k... Either way, I'd expect KNY to outsell OP next week by at least 400k-500k with the backlogs, so if it hasn't passed it this week, next week is on lock

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Alright hear me out, those that bought 1 copy of One Piece suddenly buy another one, boom easy 2 million right there.

thank you for coming to my TED talk.

pamuchi

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
2018 Tracking year ended November 19,2018... so I guess we still have 2-3 weeks of tracking number... Most estimate says either OP is still leading a few thousands or KNY already surpassed it by 200k... Either way, I'd expect KNY to outsell OP next week by at least 400k-500k with the backlogs, so if it hasn't passed it this week, next week is on lock
Now I get it. Those estimate numbers accounted those missing weeks, so that's why op was leading by 50k, it can be more tho, but if KnY sells the same or more than 500k next week, it will seal the deal, right? Also it will 2 more weeks to add more data for both sides. Correct me if I'm wrong.

iamnightwing

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Now I get it. Those estimate numbers accounted those missing weeks, so that's why op was leading by 50k, it can be more tho, but if KnY sells the same or more than 500k next week, it will seal the deal, right? Also it will 2 more weeks to add more data for both sides. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't know how much the exact number is, but most people on twitter and other forums are pretty much saying it is a done deal now, unless something crazy happens,.. But yeah, the jist of what you say is about right...

Reigen

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I can see KNY getting the first place next year as well lol

Thundercat27

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Really want to check previous pages and the poll we had about kny could beat op to dab on all those non-believers (including myself) :celebrate

OniluapL

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
For Kimetsu to beat One Piece next year as well it would actually have to match its per volume sales, lol. That would be insane.

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
:wooo you guys jest but the movie could add another 500k/volume lol. Don't count your eggs before they hatch.

Tarot

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I was one of the skeptical people before Kimetsu's episode 19 but some people are underestimating how big the hype for Kimetsu is right now. At the rate it's going, Kimetsu can easily hit 1 million sales per volume and maybe more depending on the movie's performance next year. It's a shame it's nearing its end though.

Status
Not open for further replies.