Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Succubus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
580
Reaction score
565
Gender
Male
Country
Genosha
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump 2009 - Discussion & TOC Talk

new captain tsubasa! lolz cant wait for this new series.. I hope its good
 

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
6,654
Reaction score
3,871
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump 2009 - Discussion & TOC Talk

I guess I'll give it a look, to check if I translate it or not. Wouldn't mind taking care of a manga about football :nod
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump 2009 - Discussion & TOC Talk

Looks good. Could be interesting.
 

macros

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
57
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump 2009 - Discussion & TOC Talk

I guess I'll give it a look, to check if I translate it or not. Wouldn't mind taking care of a manga about football :nod
NOOOOOOOOOO, you have to translate the basketball manga. :mad

ahahahah, i'm joking but, really, i hope that you'll do that. I'm addicted to your translation.:eyeroll

btw, it seems interesting but it reminds me Tsubasa a lot.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump 2009 - Discussion & TOC Talk

okay this cover knows how to draw you in with it's simplicity. for once i'm actually stoked about a series before it's out...

hopefully you do choose to translate at least the first chapter eh Xophien :D
 

Muddy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
225
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump 2009 - Discussion & TOC Talk

Man, Meister looks amazing - both the cover and the front color spread are very attractive. Can't wait to get my Jump this Friday!!

And many hoorays for a new Nishi Yoshiyuki series; the man is awesome.
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump 2009 - Discussion & TOC Talk

Hmmm....at least the art is pretty. Too bad it's not about Pickleball instead though. That'd be awesome. =[
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump 2009 - Discussion & TOC Talk

I'm going to come out and say, that "My Star" would be the more correct translation... simply because of the star(s) right next to the title :p
 

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
6,654
Reaction score
3,871
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump 2009 - Discussion & TOC Talk

I'm going to come out and say, that "My Star" would be the more correct translation... simply because of the star(s) right next to the title :p
I thought about the exact same thing, and that'll be the first thing I'll check in the manga, if possible :XD
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump 2009 - Discussion & TOC Talk

I'm going to come out and say, that "My Star" would be the more correct translation... simply because of the star(s) right next to the title :p
my star DOES make a lot more sense. ah this is Double ERTZ all over again
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump 2009 - Discussion & TOC Talk

"Meister" would make perfect sense in german for something related to soccer (it means champion btw.), though I don't think that this is done with intent, at least not by the author.
 

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
319
Reaction score
119
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump 2009 - Discussion & TOC Talk

A football series... I really hope it's a good one, tis the best sport ever after all. It's a shame that there are no good manga about it.
 

macros

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
57
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump 2009 - Discussion & TOC Talk

A football series... I really hope it's a good one, tis the best sport ever after all. It's a shame that there are no good manga about it.
you know, i think that's very difficoult to do a manga on football that it can be realistic and passionate. In football there are a lot of moments where nothing happens and there are no "special moves". Instead, for example, in basketball you can do a lot of "move" and the action are over and over.
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump 2009 - Discussion & TOC Talk

Wow, it looks pretty good, this'll be interesting to read, and this'll be my first football manga yet. I hope I won't be dissapointed. :XD
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump 2009 - Discussion & TOC Talk

I never realized that the sound of the German "Meister" and the English "My Star" is nearly the same :blink

Both fits, IMHO. Maybe it's intended to be a pun.
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump 2009 - Discussion & TOC Talk

I think we might be over thinking things. I think it has to be Meister. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to read a series called My Star. XD
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump 2009 - Discussion & TOC Talk

Actually, Meister would be more of overthinking as to "My Star"... (I'm pretty sure that when I first posted the spoilers, I used "My Star" instead of "Meister", because that's what would first pop up into my mind when it comes to a sports series). It's not that of a commonly used word in Japan (as far as I know).

We would know when we start see the raw chapter... but from the color pages, where it mentioned the word "shine", I would have to stand by my original translation of "My Star" :P
 
Last edited:

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump 2009 - Discussion & TOC Talk

you know, i think that's very difficoult to do a manga on football that it can be realistic and passionate. In football there are a lot of moments where nothing happens and there are no "special moves". Instead, for example, in basketball you can do a lot of "move" and the action are over and over.
See I think you can make a 'realistic' and 'passionate' the problem is you would need to develop things a bit more, the relationships between the characters and you need to keep the manga moving at a fast pace.

yea there are time while playing people mite stand around or slowly move the ball, but you don't 'have' to do that, you ca move the manga 'faster' or at least make it seem faster.

But i think its do-able, i haven't read one yet, ((Only read v1 of Whistle! and first series/most of second of Tsubasa)

i'll give it a shot but still kinda feel like it mire be DOA lol.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump 2009 - Discussion & TOC Talk

From Ritual:

#02 (08 December) :
Fujimaki Tadatoshi / Kuroko no Basket (New Series, Couv & Pc)
Bleach (Color)

To Love (color)
Neuro
Psyren
Askelpios
Absent : Jaguar

#03 (15 December) :
Nishi Yoshiyuki (Author Muhyo to Roji) / Bokke-san (New Series, Couv & Pc)
Eyeshield 21 (Color)

ToRa gets the same treatment Sket Dance got this week; color but still in the back of the magazine. Neuro and Psyren are in trouble again. Asklepios continues to tank. Sket Dance has moved up to at least fourth from the bottom.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top