Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichiki

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
245
Reaction score
142
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Bottom 5

Psyren
Medaka
Nurari
Toriko
Akaboshi
That's fake ;)
It's too soon for the Bottom 5, and on 2ch none quote or thanks it :amuse
(And you also wrote it reverse :darn)
 

Wasilis

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 11, 2009
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

That's fake ;)
It's too soon for the Bottom 5, and on 2ch none quote or thanks it :amuse
(And you also wrote it reverse :darn)
That's good to hear! :D And I was wondering; Psyren in the bottom 5?! o_O
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Doesn't feel right: Toriko is too low and To-Love not being there is suspicious.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Bottom 5

Psyren
Medaka
Nurari
Toriko
Akaboshi
Even fake, you put the order wrong. It is actually,

Akaboshi
Toriko
Mago
Tolove-Ru
Psyren

And, I also think it is fake too, but I wished Akaboshi part was true.
 

Estranho

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
74
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Akaboshi
Toriko
Mago
Tolove-Ru
Psyren
I can't believe Psyren is so low so suddenly.
It's fake, I guess
 

Cassius

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
150
Reaction score
363
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

◆EizHb38XPU :2009/08/03(月) 00:51:42 ID:AU35hLm7O
小ネタ
・37・8ドベ5 とら、赤星、めだか、爆、虜
・39巻頭爆 Cジャガー、金未来
Traslation

Shonen Jump #37-38

One Piece (Cover & CP)
Golden Future Cup (Colour Page)
Kuroko, Mago (31P & CP)

Bottom 5:

Toriko
Bakuman
Medaka
Akaboshi
ToLove Ru
Jaguar

Shonen Jump #39

BakuMan (Cover & Colour Page)
Jaguar, Golden Future Cup (CP)
 
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Is this really real? Looks like Akaboshi is dead for sure, and Medaka is also very close to in danger zone.

More surprising is that Jaguar is getting a colour. Is that means Jaguar is not going to be in last place in Issue 39?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Toriko yet again in the bottom... : /
Apart from that no surprise.

And hell yeah, Jump didn't forget Jaguar's 9th anniversary. So looking forward to the CP!
 

jose

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
91
Reaction score
12
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Medaka and Akaboshi will die soon.
 

Siberia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
703
Reaction score
827
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I still had a small hope of Akaboshi 's survival until the latest chapter annoyed me.

Toriko n Bakuman>>yo yo mode
 
Last edited:

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I think Akaboshi is so far 100 percent confirmation for going to get axed.

Then, what is possibility that Medaka will go along with Akaboshi? So, far Medaka is also in danger zone.
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

This is the second time Toriko drop to the bottom, just hoping that this is the last time.
Akaboshi's dead no doubt about it but I hope Medaka can still survive.
And I see that Jump still hasn't given up on Kuroko. Can't they accept that it's a dull and uninteresting series?
Oh well, I'm still happy Mago got color and 31 pages and still waiting for info about the drama CD.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Akaboshi's death was obvious even before now.

Medaka basically has the next few weeks to try and rise or it could be done too.

Anyway, seeing Toriko and Medaka in the bottom 5 displeases me.

Still livid about them trying to throw Kuroko a bone. And I think Ane-doki starts getting ranked in issue #39. Should be interesting to see where it places.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I think Kuroko is safe because volume 2 sell is pretty good. It surpassed Psyren's volume 6 and Double Arts's volume 3 sells, also it is close to Sket Dance's volume 8 sells. So, I think at this rate, Kuroko's volume 3 (which going to be released in September) will surpass Sket Dance.

I think for next cancellation, Akaboshi is 100 percent and Medaka is very close to going along with Akaboshi. But, I prefer either Inumaru or Wajimania than Medaka. There are already three short page gag series, and I think we don't need three same series. Usually short page gag series (except Jaguar) last about one year, and Inumaru is almost have been serialized for one year, so I think Inumaru die along with Akaboshi, not Medaka.

In conclusion, I don't know why, but I have a bad feeling that Kagijin going to fall bottom 5 on their official ranking. I already lost hope on Akaboshi, so I hope Kagijin survive instead.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

It has been obvious Akaboshi would be the next cut since it debuted low in the bottom five. Reading discussion about it at this point is kind of boring.
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I think Kuroko is safe because volume 2 sell is pretty good. It surpassed Psyren's volume 6 and Double Arts's volume 3 sells, also it is close to Sket Dance's volume 8 sells. So, I think at this rate, Kuroko's volume 3 (which going to be released in September) will surpass Sket Dance.
Really? I thought the sales of Psyren #6 was bigger than Kuroko #2. Pysren's first week sales was around 47k and Kuroko was around 38k
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Really? I thought the sales of Psyren #6 was bigger than Kuroko #2. Pysren's first week sales was around 47k and Kuroko was around 38k
|*,148,400┃**95884(4)|*38248|*14268|------|ぬらりひょんの孫 (Nurarihyon no Mago) 5(2009/6/4)
|*,*90,847┃**51163(3)|*39684|------|------|べるぜバブ (Beelzebub) 1(2009/7/3)
|*,*88,269┃**57542(4)|*22301|**8426|------|SKET DANCE 8(2009/6/4)
|*,*65,811┃**38053(3)|*27758|------|------|黒子のバスケ (Kuroko no Basket) 2(2009/7/3)
|*,*59,436┃**47028(4)|*12408|------|------|PSYREN 6(2009/6/4)
|*,*51,633┃**38106(4)|*13527|------|------|ダブルアーツ (Double Arts) 3<完>(2008/12/4)
Looks like Kuroko sold more volumes in second week than Sket Dance and Psyren.

In change of subject, Medaka is low because the ranking is based on chapter 7, about Aknue's first job, which was quite boring. So, Medaka still has a chance to increase.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I got a question, when a Jump series got adapted into anime, who decide whether the anime become a standalone from the manga or become a full adaptation of the manga?
It's just that I'm confused, why successful such as Hoshin Engi, Shaman King or Neuro got the the standalone from the manga? not too mention Neuro and Hoshin only got 26 episodes, which off course caused the anime to be inferior from the manga.
It's just that, even with filler, a full adaptation is better than the standalone ones. I hope that Toriko or Mago become a full adaptation even if it has filler.
That decision is made by the television station. Most anime are scheduled for a finite number of episodes and renewed once a year, or six months, based on popularity.

100+ episode anime are rare, most are very old kids programs. It's been years since a manga adaption popular enough debuted, Shugo Chara is the most recent. Neuro was a late night anime, late night rarely get more then 26 episodes as the broadcast is no more then an infomercial for the DVD's produced and aired solely at the expense of the studio. The same goes for Hatsukoi Limited and To Love Ru.

There is no way to know how long Toriko and Mago are scheduled for. If both run in the afternoon like Bleach and Naruto they'll get 51 episodes and the opportunity for 100 or more episodes. Having to guess I would say Sket Dance will be late night and 24 or so initial episodes.
 
Last edited:

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Well, even 100+ episode series begin as being scheduled for 26 or 52 episodes, but with the knowledge that they might go on if popular. Part of it comes down to the studio's decision, and part of it is determined by popularity. Hell, the writing staff for Pokemon originally planned to only do 78 episodes of the show when they first started.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Kuroko sold a bit more than I originally thought. All of that color whoring must have not been a complete waste.

I really want to see how the newest series fair this month since they all should start getting ranked in the next few issues. I'm not sure which I like best between Kagijin and Anedoki so if I had to choose one to live it may be hard. >.>

It has been obvious Akaboshi would be the next cut since it debuted low in the bottom five. Reading discussion about it at this point is kind of boring.
Definitely agree with you here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top