Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Yes it was the 3d oldest after Real and Gantz. I must said although I tend to like cooking series, I only read one volume of this one
 

tonyyao82

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
279
Reaction score
90
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just heard that Young Jump is the most popular seinen manga magazine right now according to this year's "Kono Manga ga Sugoi!". What do you guys like about the magazine compared to the other manga magazines?
 
Last edited:

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Sugoi ranking is not based on readers opinion so I'm not sure it says anything about popularity.
 

calimike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2011
Messages
347
Reaction score
417
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Young Jump (Seinen Mag by Shueisha)

本日発売ヤングジャンプにて新日本プロレス特集!棚橋弘至が新日本プロレスの魅力を語る
Young Jump NJPW Special!

いきなり永田さんがカラー!
Nagata appeared on Young Jump!

スラムダンクの著者井上雄彦の作品「リアル」のスコーピオン白鳥と中西学の対決!
Slam Dunk author Masahiko Inoue's "Real". Scorpion Shiratori VS Manabu Nakanishi!

本日発売!書店、コンビニへ急げ!
Now on sale!

本日発売のヤングジャンプになんとなんと新日本プロレス大特集が掲載!「今プロレスが熱い!」これも1.4東京ドームに向けた大プロモーションの一貫か!なんと永田さんがカラーページで登場!「ゼア!」そして内容は新日本プロレスは今熱い!そんな新日本プロレスの楽しみ方を棚橋弘至が解説している。
Japanese weekly manga, Young Jump has NJPW special. It is promotion of WRESTLE KINGDOM. Nagata appeared! Hiroshi Tanahashi explain how great NJPW is.

また棚橋は新日本の主要レスラーの紹介も行っている。そこで一番目を引いたのはカールアンダーソンの紹介文。引用「プロレスが抜群に上手い。この逸材に「アンダーソンみないになりたい」と言わしめたほど。」これは私も本当にそう思います。アンダーソンはプロレスが上手い。
Tanahashi also explained NJPW main wrestlers. What I thought interesting is Karl Anderson. Tanahashi said Anderson is great pro-wrestlers. He has great technique, I want to be like him. I think so! I think Anderson is so great wrestler!

昨年まではタッグプレイヤーのイメージが強かったが、今年はシングルプレイヤーとしてブレイク。今年のNJCのアンダーソン対中邑真輔戦を生で見てアンダーソンがこんなに試合上手いのか!とビックリした程。個人的に今年のベストバウトはG1決勝でのアンダーソン対オカダ。試合巧者の二人が見せた作品は絶品だった。またオカダとアンダーソンの試合が見たい。
Till last year, my image of Anderson is tag player, but since this year he broke up as single player! I saw Anderson VS Nakamura on NJC live. It was really awesome match! My best bout this year is Okada VS Anderson in G1 final. I want to see their match again.

一番怖いのがWWEに引き抜かれてしまうのではという懸念。ここまでの選手。その可能性は十分にある。しかしアンダーソンはバーナードがWWEに出戻る際に誘って断った新日本プロレス愛の持ち主。「シンニホンイチバーン!」来年のさらなる飛躍に期待しよう。
I am worry one day he goes to WWE. He is great talent. WWE may see him. But Anderson loves NJPW. He refused Bernard's invitation. I want him to step up next year!
 
Last edited:

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Even though Kono Manga ga Sugoi! is not based on readers's vote, the poll is somewhat reliable for me since the polls are mostly collected from people who are involved in the Manga industry. WYJ winning the award was not a big surprise, for me.

Just heard that Young Jump is the most popular seinen manga magazine right now according to this year's "Kono Manga ga Sugoi!". What do you guys like about the magazine compared to the other manga magazines?
Hmm.. I have mixed feelings about WYJ. I like most of their titles, they hosted several Mangaka that I really admire (Yasuhisa Hara, Okamoto Lynn, and Tsutomu Takahashi).. They have the best selling Seinen manga out there (Gantz) which possibly can be chalked up to their popularity. I was surprised when I saw Tierra Formars winning the Kono Manga ga Sugoi, to be honest.
 

tonyyao82

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
279
Reaction score
90
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, I was really surprised about Terra Formars. It doesn't sound that unique, unless fans are fascinated with cockroaches.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
You didn't see what they look like, did you ? Even if humanity against alien is not unique, it has some original points. It remind me a bit of gantz so gantz fans may like it. There are a few things that bug me off so I'm not sure I will continue to read it

As for the magazine in general I almost read none of the series currently published (the only one is hito hitori futari). I plan to start Real for real though and wish Kingdom and maybe Gokusai were translated
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So far Terra Formars, Nejimaki Kagyu, and Tokyo Ghoul are my fav series so far
 

Stoneface13

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2012
Messages
59
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Correct if that))

Weekly Young Jump #03-04 (20/12/2012):
Tokyo Ghoul (Lead CP)
1 Kingdom
2 Terra Formars
3 Usogui
4 W x Y
5 Samurai Soldier

Heisei Policemen!! (Center Colour)
6 81 Diver
7 Minamoto-kun Monogatari
8 Gantz
9 Hito Hitori Futari
10 Zetman

Rozen Maiden II (Center Colour)
11 Liar Game
12 Shirayukihime to 7-nin no Shuujin
13 Gokusai
14 Nejimaki Kagyu
15 Watashi wa Kyawawawa!!
16 Cyclops Shoujo Saipu~
17 Gokukoku no Brynhildr
18 Grand Slam
19 Arumi-chan no Gakushuuchou
20 Gangster Island
21 Longecorn
22 Shuukan Hajimete no Hatsune Miku

Nipongo (Absent)
Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai! - Rojou Kansatsu Kenkyuu Nisshi (Hiatus)
 

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I liked Terra Formars and thought it was quite surprising like gantz with killing of important characters, but i don't know if that won't break the series if you can't get attach to a character.

I read only some of the mangas but i think its placement is well deserved, because they have so many out of the box mangas, that somehow feel mainstream.
Tokyo Ghoul, Terra Formars, Minamoto-kun Monogatari, Gantz, Hito Hitori Futari and Liar Game. I wish more of them would be translated.
 

Stoneface13

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2012
Messages
59
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
It's a pity that Tokyo Ghoul transleted so slowly.
Japanese has 60 chapters...

And my fav series from Young Jump: Real, Usogui, Minamoto-kun Monogatari, Nejimaki Kagyu, Kingdom, Terra and Tokyo Ghoul.
Still love Umezawa's Countach!
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just thought I'd mention. It's earlier in this thread somewhere, but there's no real point of posting the TOC for a seinen magazine. They don't really reflect much of anything. There are often really not-so-popular series at the top and popular series in the back. So it seems like it doesn't reflect popularity much at all.
 

Stoneface13

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2012
Messages
59
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Maybe.But that series located in the magazine.
And i think that the list is by popularity. But the system is not the same as in Shonen Jump
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I wonder how much the TOC could mean when so many of the most popular titles are serialized irregularly. Gantz is (roughly) bi-weekly, and takes frequent hiatus. Real is bi-monthly, only appearing in six issues per year. Rozen Maiden is only serialized once a month. Liar Game just returned from indefinite hiatus. Zetman is also serialized irregularly, though I am not sure the schedule. Infrequently enough that only one or two volumes are released per year. I'm not sure about 81 Diver, Kingdom, and Terra Former, but pretty sure Usogui is serialized in every issue. I suspect 81 Diver has some sort of irregular schedule, with only 23 volumes since 2006. At least four (maybe more) of the most popular current manga would be unranked in every issue they appear.

As for me, I am not a huge Young Jump fan. I prefer Beam, (the magazine formerly know as) Fellows, Manga Erotics F, IKKI, AX, Big Comic Spirits, Morning, Afternoon, Evening, and Morning 2.
 
Last edited:

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
81 Diver, Kingdom, and Terra Formers are all regular, weekly series.
So is Hito Hitori Futari, which I don't think sells particularly well, but it's by a popular author so it probably does okay in the long-run.

I only know like one manga from each of those other magazines. So I couldn't tell ya.

They've mentioned a couple times that Sakamoto Shinichi is going to start a new series soon. No idea when though. I wanna read it, whatever it is, though.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Takahashi has a long history with WYJ too. He is a fixture in Young Jump at this point, along with Saruwatari and Okamoto. I'm not sure it's even worth trying to quantify how popular Hito Hitori is in Japan with the limited amount of information we have.
 

Oberon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
1,401
Reaction score
8,522
Gender
Male
Country
Italy


Young Jump #07 (17/01):
Cover & Gravure Page: Kyoko Hinami
Lead CP: Terra Formars
CP: Mieriino Kashiwagi (New Series, 37 pg.), Vetsunopa (One Shot, 16 pg.)
 

Stoneface13

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2012
Messages
59
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Young Jump #05-06 (04/01):

Yuki Kashiwagi (Cover & Gravure Page)
Kingdom (Lead Color Page)
1 Terra Formars
2 Usogui
3 Cyclops Shoujo Saipu~
4 Gokusai
5 Samurai Soldier
6 Minamoto-kun Monogatari

Line Offline (New Series)
7 Tokyo Ghoul
8 W x Y
9 Watashi wa Kyawawawa!!
10 Shirayukihime to 7-nin no Shuujin
11 Liar Game
12 Nipongo

Hito Hitori Futari (Center Colour)
13 Heisei Policemen!!
14 Nejimaki Kagyu
15 Destroy and Revolution
16 81 Diver
17 Gangster Island
18 Shuukan Hajimete no Hatsune Miku
19 Gokukoku no Brynhildr

After School Metamorphose (Special One Shot, 18P!)
20 Grand Slam
Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai! - Rojou Kansatsu Kenkyuu Nisshi (Hiatus)
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Great lettering. Purple is such a soothing color :oh
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top