Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
I think Mononogatari looks pretty interesting, although I haven't been able to really read it in-depth because of the stupid lack of furi. For some strange reason though, Ohki-sensei and D'z actually did have furi, although D'z has one of the most retarded plot gimmicks (girls fighting with futuristic weapons that they pull out of android catgirls' vaginas) I've ever seen. Just when you think Japan can't top itself, the record is shattered.
Wtf? I haven't checked the issue but looks like I'll have to see what it really has. That monogatari color page looks pretty nice.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The OVA for Terra Formars will be released along with its volume 10 and 11 (limited edition).
 

redon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
1,757
Reaction score
17,709
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Terra Formars TV Anime will start in Autumn.

2 OVAs will go with Volume 10 and 11 limited editions (on sale in August and November respectively).

 

diogolsoares

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2014
Messages
84
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Terra Formars TV Anime will start in Autumn.

2 OVAs will go with Volume 10 and 11 limited editions (on sale in August and November respectively).

Isn´t that too late to start broadcasting an anime? If I'm not wrong it's almost at the end of the summer season and way too early for the autmn season...
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Isn´t that too late to start broadcasting an anime? If I'm not wrong it's almost at the end of the summer season and way too early for the autmn season...
What do you mean? The anime is starting on the autumn season.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
And seeing how the fall anime season is pretty much the one where the "best" anime are (from what I've seen these past 2 years of watching anime) I guess we can say the Terra Formars will be pretty epic.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,929
Reaction score
5,622
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
And seeing how the fall anime season is pretty much the one where the "best" anime are (from what I've seen these past 2 years of watching anime) I guess we can say the Terra Formars will be pretty epic.
I dunno about 'best' but longer stuff tends to start in Spring (April) or Autumn (October.) That's good though....I was afraid they'd try to stuff a whole lot into 13 episodes. At least at this rate it might be at least two cour, which is a little better. Hopefully Pierrot isn't the one animating it since I'm still upset they got TK Ghoul.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
I dunno about 'best' but longer stuff tends to start in Spring (April) or Autumn (October.) That's good though....I was afraid they'd try to stuff a whole lot into 13 episodes. At least at this rate it might be at least two cour, which is a little better. Hopefully Pierrot isn't the one animating it since I'm still upset they got TK Ghoul.
It's done by Liden Films. (was announced at the same time as the cast for the OVA)
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,929
Reaction score
5,622
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
It's done by Liden Films. (was announced at the same time as the cast for the OVA)
Hm. They've only really done Aiura and Senyuu. I've seen Senyuu but it's not even close to the same format as Terra so no point in comparing. It's not pierrot and that brings a small amount of joy into my cold and emotionless heart.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
After reading Rikudou (new series) I must say it's pretty interesting. Dunno if it'll survive though. It's such a dark turn compared to Mongrel it's really impressive. The "slice of life" too is pretty well done, really brutal kinda disgusting at times even.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
After reading Rikudou (new series) I must say it's pretty interesting. Dunno if it'll survive though. It's such a dark turn compared to Mongrel it's really impressive. The "slice of life" too is pretty well done, really brutal kinda disgusting at times even.
Well, I think Mongrel is more like Magazine-style sports series. I think Rikudou is fit for seinen magazine.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm interested in Rikudou, especially since Mongrel died...
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Well, I think Mongrel is more like Magazine-style sports series. I think Rikudou is fit for seinen magazine.
Yeah, it fits really well to the seinen demographics. I really like the series but now to see if readers in Japan will actually like it too.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah, it fits really well to the seinen demographics. I really like the series but now to see if readers in Japan will actually like it too.
We'll see. But I think there should be some sports series with dark tone; most of sports series outthere have brigh tone.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
We'll see. But I think there should be some sports series with dark tone; most of sports series outthere have brigh tone.
Yeah, though I usually don't really read sport series and sport series in seinen demographics is even more of an exception. The only sport series I'm reading are pretty much from WSJ (I consider REAL to be focused on the real life aspect more than the sport in itself).
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The OVA for Terra Formars will be released along with its volume 10 and 11 (limited edition).
Thats dvd only and not bd? Disappointed at the quality.

Regardless Fall is going to offer a pretty fierce anime environment, wonder if it will truly be able to become a stronger and popular franchise in that ecosystem.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That one has my three favorites, good character choice.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Issue 23:
Tokyo Ghoul (Lead CP)
Kingdom
Rikudou
Terra Formars
Youkai Shoujo
Liar Game
Cyclops Shoujo Saipuuuu
Himouto! Umaru-chan
All You Need Is Kill
Kenkouki
Mogusa-san (CP)
Gokukoku no Brynhildr
Gunjou Senki
Skip! Yamada-kun (CP, One Shot)
Boku Girl
Barcelona no Taiyou
Usogui
Yokohama-sen Doppelgänger
81 Diver
Nejimaki Kagyuu
Kakuriyo Monogatari
Destroy and Revolution
Innocent

Minamoto-kun Monogatari, Kamen Teacher Black (Absent)

Tokyo Ghoul


Mogusa-san


Skip! Yamada-kun (One Shot)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top