Life - Where will YOU be in 5 Years? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Life Where will YOU be in 5 Years?

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Right. Well, Life moves pretty fast, and all of us might have lives to return to eventually. Though, hopefully many of you guys will stay around here at Mangahelpers. XD

But anyway, I was wondering what you guys plan for yourselves in five years, where you see yourself then, what you expect to be doing. Most of you guys are still in high school or college right now, so you guys probably have a lot of aspirations.

For myself, I'm fresh out of college with two degrees in studio arts and art history, but I'm going to graduate school in Georgia for two years to really get sequential art down pat, and then hopefully I will be either an art history / art teacher or an illustrator - or both - while working on a comic book of my own with the intention of publishing it. Definitely hope to find the girl FOR me by then, too, and getting ready to have some kids. I'll be 30 years old so yeah, I've always been planning to have a steady job and a family in my 30s.

Though my folks will be living in Tennessee for the rest of their lives, I'm still planning to live in North Carolina eventually. But I don't mind where I live as long as I'm happy.

How about yourself?

[gk]EDIT around start of 2008 - Well, update on my plans: I didn't go to school in Georgia after all for sequential art, but rather going back to University of Tennessee to get a masters degree so that I can be a teacher, supervisor, or counselor at a school for the deaf. Just goes to show that you can't sometimes predict what exactly you'll be doing. No idea where I really will end up in 2011 although it's a good bet it'll be either in Kentucky, Washington D.C. or right here at Tennessee, heh.[/gk]

Last edited:

Tanuki-dono

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow. The future. A distant and intimidating place.

My plans are not concrete, but I have a basic plan. I'm in a community college with a good radiology tech program, and I plan to get my associate's degree in Radiologic Technology. Hopefully, after that, I can get a job as a tech to pay for...the rest of what I want to do. I'm considering going further into radiology and cancer medicine, but that's a big maybe. After all, the task of getting all the requirements seems insurmountable at the moment. I might change my mind and go into genetics or sleep study or medical research. That's the good thing about the medical field, I suppose. Very broad. So far, I know I'll have the tech degree to fall back on in case I get married or something. :D

So, in 5 years, basically, I'll either be a working gal or I'll be finishing up with school. I also hope to be happy...wherever I am.

Yachiru

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
In five years I would have just finished my first year of college (unless I do summer school, then I'll be in summer school right now). I'll probably in one of the UC schools majoring in... something. I actually don't know yet. Or maybe I still won't know in five years.

I'll probably have my own apartment near whatever school I'm going to (I don't know if I want to stay in a dorm) with a friend or maybe a boyfriend! ^^

So five years from now I'm still stuck in school. *sigh*

kulong

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i want to travel around the world in 5 years after school finish=) that if i can find a high paying job =( stupid career that i have =X plus i want to move out of cali and move to colorado xD

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
A few weeks ago, I was asked the same question in school. The answer expected was occupation-related. I said that I plan to get a master's degree by that time. Before I proceed to that, I aim to have worked for at least two years, preferably in job related to my degree (Bachelor of Arts, Major in Psychology). The important thing is that I have a stable source of income by then. Other than that, I guess anything goes.

billion bruce lees

Reaction score
made millionario :smile-big

started a business that is taking up insane amounts of me and my wife's day, but is making leaps and bounds in it's profit margin. :amuse

karasu

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
uh..future...looking dark..
i know this is stupid but.. i have to clear this up..
um guys..what's "college"? is it similar with "university" or like a uni-prep?

hm..i'm doing my master of IT right now..
finishing up my thesis this year... about computer anti-virus and viruses stuffs..
hm... my dad would've wanted me to go home, but he told me to get 4 or 5 years international level working experience in IT first.. (and specifically told me not to go back to kitchen again :D i'm a kitchen hand nearing the level of assistant chef)

probably i'm gonna get married as soon as my gf finishes her uni.. don't wanna wait too long.. that'd be 1 year from now (I HOPE!!)
then i imagined myself 5 years from now.. have 1 kid probably.. working as a salarymen or programmer in some IT company...
or i might have gone back to my home country and building a programmers team for my dad's company..
he wanted me to expand the IT system of his company..
and probably his business as well.. to international level..

The answer to your question is:

"University" in your lingo (I personally associate the word "university" with the school itself and not the grade levels).

~ Ayah

ahhh..so when you finish college, you got a bachelor's degree too?

Yep. I got my double bachelor's degree from my college, the University of Tennessee - GK

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
very simple....hopefully managed it to finish the university (the most important thing until then)!

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica
Well, I'm currently struggling to get a degree in Business Administration here in Costa Rica. I also started studying online in an USA's college (this last one will really open many chances for me).

In 5 years, Naruto will be over, so I guess I'll be able to continue with my life :grin

Now for real, I don't know what I'll be doing in 5 years, work at my dad's business? Going back to Italy and work for my grandpa? Working at a company here in Costa Rica? Working at a call center (places where people place bets trough phone, since here it's completely legal and cheap, people call fom all over the world) Jobless? :s

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
Reaction score
Country
United States
Five years from now, I should be receiving my Bacelor degree from one of the US universities. I'm targeting a very good school and U.Penn. is my first choice currently. I am preparing for my SAT now and will take the test the soonest possible. I'm trying to back up my applications with various other non-academical activites (MH for examples) and so on. If it is not too much to be asked, I am striving for a double degrees or triple degrees in computer sciences and Business Administration. If I can have a REALLY good time management and TALENT, I might just pursue my MBA and complete it within 5-6 years time, all in US. This dream sounds a bit too farfetched but I believe that it is possible if I work hard enough for it. Oh, I feel like working online as well if there's an opportunity for me and earn some money to pay for my extra expenses in US. Yay for dreams and YES for REALISING those dreams!! Don't just dream, chase your dream and conquer it.

By the way, if anyone has any idea how to prepare well for SAT or if you have any tips or whatsoever, you are more than welcomed to tell me everything about it. It is crucial for my applications.

----Edit---
Finally got into US college. woo hoo.

Last edited:

billion bruce lees

Reaction score
waiting for ch 750

^ Amusing - but I hope so too ^^ - GK

_ATMA

Reaction score
Country
United States
i will be either in washington for college or living in tokyo as a video game programer with a specailty in AI

karasu

Reaction score
Country
Australia
billion bruce lees said:
waiting for ch 750

^ Amusing - but I hope so too ^^ - GK
lol.. that would be really pointless..really..
something no jutsu... you look at my eyes and you die!
oh wait..that's one of sharingan's ability is it?
lol..

so
college is no different than uni then? is that just american-british english difference?

billion bruce lees

Reaction score
karasu said:
lol.. that would be really pointless..really..
something no jutsu... you look at my eyes and you die!
oh wait..that's one of sharingan's ability is it?
lol..

so
college is no different than uni then? is that just american-british english difference?
agonizing on the wednesday before that thursday as usual :p

abdulahi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
karasu said:
i think in america college is a pupblic uni, or so i have been told, and uni's over there are more elite education. i probably heard wrong, so if someone could expalin it more fully to us it would be apricated.
in the case for england. its like this. we go secondary school till age 16 in order to get the qualifadction to get in to college, move on to college which from ages 16-18/19, to get the qualifactions to get into uni, then head to uni's after for your degrees then master/ph.d's etc (should mention some people take gap years between either school n college or college and uni, like me :D took a few years off after secondary, now bit behind but got more life expreinces then many of my uni firends)its very common lately for gap years in england.

in 5 years, :noworry....................................................................... i should have finished and gradutes from uni. (may go back and do a masters but who knows yet). with a degree in international business, should be working in a internation firm outside the uk, maybe china. god willing i will be there.
unless the unspeakable happans should still be here on MH and i qoute billion lee ''waiting for chapter 750'' with like 11,123 posts :smile-big
in 5fives should be just joining the housing market and have a house of my own. (houses are so over priced in london)
to be fully honest, i would love nothing more then to have opened my own business after uni, a company that acts as a bride for cultures. (a nicer way of saying a company that lets me travel around the world :D) but thats what im aspirating to. but i would give it ten rather five years.

karasu

Reaction score
Country
Australia
i think in america college is a pupblic uni, or so i have been told, and uni's over there are more elite education. i probably heard wrong, so if someone could expalin it more fully to us it would be apricated.
in the case for england. its like this. we go secondary school till age 16 in order to get the qualifadction to get in to college, move on to college which from ages 16-18/19, to get the qualifactions to get into uni, then head to uni's after for your degrees then master/ph.d's etc (should mention some people take gap years between either school n college or college and uni, like me took a few years off after secondary, now bit behind but got more life expreinces then many of my uni firends)its very common lately for gap years in england.
yep, that's what i thought too.. college is like a uni-prep..but that's in england isn't it.. so that's the british definition :D
i know that.. i'm like the youngest one in uni..and i was once in a database management group with 3 guys, 1 of them was old, but he's much experienced since HE OWNED AN ISP... w00t.. (just a small ISP company.. but yeah.. it's all good)

i do wonder if naruto will finish in 5 years though? :D

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
In five years i hope to be in japan teaching as part of the JET program after having graduated from my college the year before.

billion bruce lees

Reaction score
dula said:
in the case for england. its like this. we go secondary school till age 16 in order to get the qualifadction to get in to college, move on to college which from ages 16-18/19, to get the qualifactions to get into uni, then head to uni's after for your degrees then master/ph.d's etc (should mention some people take gap years between either school n college or college and uni, like me :D took a few years off after secondary, now bit behind but got more life expreinces then many of my uni firends)its very common lately for gap years in england.

in 5 years, :noworry....................................................................... i should have finished and gradutes from uni. (may go back and do a masters but who knows yet). with a degree in international business, should be working in a internation firm outside the uk, maybe china. god willing i will be there.
unless the unspeakable happans should still be here on MH and i qoute billion lee ''waiting for chapter 750'' with like 11,123 posts :smile-big
in 5fives should be just joining the housing market and have a house of my own. (houses are so over priced in london)
to be fully honest, i would love nothing more then to have opened my own business after uni, a company that acts as a bride for cultures. (a nicer way of saying a company that lets me travel around the world :D) but thats what im aspirating to. but i would give it ten rather five years.
sounds interesting.

i plan the same :tem[br]Posted on: June 14, 2006, 06:42:17 PM
karasu said:
yep, that's what i thought too.. college is like a uni-prep..but that's in england isn't it.. so that's the british definition :D
i know that.. i'm like the youngest one in uni..and i was once in a database management group with 3 guys, 1 of them was old, but he's much experienced since HE OWNED AN ISP... w00t.. (just a small ISP company.. but yeah.. it's all good)

i do wonder if naruto will finish in 5 years though? :D
seriously?? with the pacing we've seen??

it'll be there. :smile-big

karasu

Reaction score
Country
Australia
it could be if sasuke and naruto keep fighting and surviving and fighting and surviving like inuyasha then 5 years wouldn't be enough..

KaiserRyuujin

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Five years eh? Hard to say, hell I was surprised I made it to twenty-one that it's really hard. I guess well maybe still working were I am in eBay Cordination for West Marine. But then, I do hope to get my butt moving in in little less then five years. Hm. Hopefully advancing myself with Computer Graphics. *rubs chin* Sucks being so far behind the younger crowds and those that were able to get that knowledge early on. =_=

But in Five years..hm. I guess as I said still working the same job or maybe even advanced a little more in it or moved around with in. I dont know, the future is always hard to predict. But I guess what I said is good enough for now :p