- Joined
- Sep 7, 2012
- Messages
- 2
- Reaction score
- 0
- Age
- 31
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
I really want to come up with my own hatsu, just a little scared that I can't come up with something that isn't too overpowered or Mary Sue-ish. C'mon brain, think of a cool Emission ability!
Emission is the hardest one when it comes to making an ability. Mostly because all emitters have the same power, throwing a ball of nen is used so many times. The only completely different power is the warping ability of Leorio and the pirate boxer from Greed Island. Pokkles also has a super awesome emission ability (he shoots arrows), But the sweetest one has to be Franklin's double machine gun, now that is awesome emission right there! Coming up with something different is tough, stick to shooting nen balls to start, just try to find an original way to throw them (slingshot for example). I hope I could help you!

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------
Well, this is what i made up.
I'm super picky when it comes to choosing powers, so I change my mind quickly and create a new power every day of the week xD
Nen type: Emission
Name: Blowgun Shotgun
Details: By using a normal pipe, you can shot small dart-shaped nen projectiles at great speed. A full barrage can easily ravage a big rock, but since I'm using a regular blowpipe as a restriction to make it more powerful, a full barrage can ravage pretty much everything in a wide range. Since they are like darts, they cause no impact.
Name: Blowgun Sniper
Details: Again, with the pipe. This time, you focus all your aura in a single compressed shot that pierces about anything. It has a huge range, it's able to pierce everything in its path to a distance of 250m, 300m with the pipe, if there are no obstacles, it gets close to 1km. Like the first ability, it's like a dart, so it causes no impact.
Name: Blowgun Cannon
Details: Like the sniper, you shoot a single shot, but this time, instead of a dart, you use a big nen bullet to cause a great impact and destruction on contact, it doesn't have a very long range.
Given the Hunter x Hunter standards, I think everything is pretty reasonable, but that's up to you to tell me.
Last edited:
- it is simply that there are no inherent limitations on Specialization abilities. Limitations are purely character to character - there are limitations on each specific ability. What I am talking about is that the type of abilities available are limitless. A person could think of absolutely anything and it would fit within the definition of a Specialization ability, because that definition is: boundless. For instance, Pakunoda's ability to read minds of anyone she touches. This is not so for any other of the five types - each type is limited in that there are certain things that it just cannot do. My opposition to Specialization type Hatsu is purely creative, and is not an opposition to how Specialization abilities fit within the power structure of the series.