Discussion - Zoro and Sanji | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Zoro and Sanji

Status
Not open for further replies.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Also Brook
Brook is the fastest Strawhat BTW.

The Kuma fight is a poor comparison or show of speed because, first off, it's a pre time skip feats. If you want to compare, it's best to use PTS feat.

Secondly, Sanji was nowhere near Kuma and said nothing about Zoro dodging the Paw attacks. Don't use anime feats to argue with. Anime adds fluff for time. As I'm sure a number of you saw this past weekend.

Zoro most likely is slower than Sanji overall. From what we've seen, the latter can cover more ground far quicker than the former. Their reaction speed, however, has been comparable so far.

Last edited:

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
@King Moe @hokageji @nik87 My point exactly. Their speed is equal, since the pacifista was very close. The power thing was more of an after thought remark.
Alright, that panel is proof both can move, and do similar damage.

Zoro is type of combatant who isnt mobile, that has nothing to do with his movement speed. No swordsman is a mobile type of combatant afaik.
Totally. I dont think its fair to even rate Zoro based on movement. Specially since he can generate flying attacks with his blades.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The Kuma fight is a poor comparison or show of speed because, first off, it's a pre time skip feats. If you want to compare, it's best to use PTS feat.

Secondly, Sanji was nowhere near Kuma and said nothing about Zoro dodging the Paw attacks. Don't use anime feats to argue with. Anime adds fluff for time. As I'm sure a number of you saw this past weekend.

Zoro most likely is slower than Sanji overall. From what we've seen, the latter can cover more ground far quicker than the former. Their reaction speed, however, has been comparable so far.
Great point. As i mentioned too, Zoro can send flying attacks so mobility is irrelevant for him, and hence he is slower. In terms of reaction speed, i agree that both are comparable. The only argument that can be made in favor or Sanji is the fact that he dodged Katakuri's attack, which was a sort of bullet speed. Zoro hasn't done that as far as i recollect, but i am sure he could too.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I think none of them compare to Luffy's Gear 2.

That said, it seems Brook could keep up with Zoro speed. During his fight with Ryuma, Brook seems to be able to keep track of their movements, while commenting about how impressive their physical feats are, about their destructive power, etc.

Last edited:

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Great point. As i mentioned too, Zoro can send flying attacks so mobility is irrelevant for him, and hence he is slower. In terms of reaction speed, i agree that both are comparable. The only argument that can be made in favor or Sanji is the fact that he dodged Katakuri's attack, which was a sort of bullet speed. Zoro hasn't done that as far as i recollect, but i am sure he could too.
That too. I'd also say Katakuri's Jellybean Bullet is significantly faster than a regular bullet. Mainly because he's a strong boi and more effective than a regular flintock. He foresaw Sanji dodging the Priest's shot, despite the Priest being in a point blank range, and decided that his manner of execution would've been better, only for Sanji to dodge. Too bad that was the hypest moment for Sanji during that entire arc. It implied a decent amount of strength for him, but the arc didn't explore it any further.

I think none of them compare to Luffy's Gear 2.

That said, it seems Brook could keep up with Zoro speed. During his fight with Ryuma, Brook seems to be able to keep track of their movements, while commenting about how impressive their physical fears are, about their destructive power, etc.
In an SBS, someone asked who was the fastest Strawhat in a short distance race and the ranks were Brook, Sanji, then Luffy. Followed by Chopper and Zoro.

In terms of feats, Brook, so far, is the only one to have blitzed a Yonkou. She wasn't the target, but he still got the drop on her, despite her looking right at him and talking to him.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
In an SBS, someone asked who was the fastest Strawhat in a short distance race and the ranks were Brook, Sanji, then Luffy. Followed by Chopper and Zoro.
That would be Luffy without Gear 2, right?

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
There's no reason to believe Zoro is faster than Sanji

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
That would be Luffy without Gear 2, right?
It never said, but it was from volume 85 when we were already deep in the timeskip. Luffy has already folded in Gear 2nd into his basic fighting style for the most part, so I'd say it's included.

The SBS did say that Zoro would be higher if it was a shorter distance race since his biggest obstacle is his sense of direction. Chopper would also be higher with Walk Point, but it never said where they'd rank.

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Too bad that was the hypest moment for Sanji during that entire arc. It implied a decent amount of strength for him, but the arc didn't explore it any further.
Yea, too bad he didnt get a battle. I always found his style to be the most unique and entertaining. Zoro is great too, but his signature 3rd sword doesn't really feel realistically doing anything.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yea, too bad he didnt get a battle. I always found his style to be the most unique and entertaining. Zoro is great too, but his signature 3rd sword doesn't really feel realistically doing anything.
It's coming back in Wano as it's arc that needs more fighting compare purpose of WCI. He already beat PO, so next step is Yes being either King or Queen.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
It never said, but it was from volume 85 when we were already deep in the timeskip. Luffy has already folded in Gear 2nd into his basic fighting style for the most part, so I'd say it's included.

The SBS did say that Zoro would be higher if it was a shorter distance race since his biggest obstacle is his sense of direction. Chopper would also be higher with Walk Point, but it never said where they'd rank.
While Luffy can use Gear 2 on a specific part of his body and for just one attack, it's not always active since it still consumes his stamina.

The manga doesn't provide a good example. You can compare their performance against Doflamingo:

But this is after Doflamingo took the Gamma Knife, before he easily dodged Gear 2 attacks too.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Zoro was so spot on in his speech to Luffy about Usopp leaving, while Sanji was great at Enies Lobby telling Sogeking what Sanji cannot do, Sogeking can, and what Sogeking cannot do, Sanji can, and etc. Along with Nami, and possibly Jinbei, the Straw Hats have five crew members, including Luffy, that can lead at any given time when necessary or make tough decisions or give good speeches.

Grandmaster Woro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
It's coming back in Wano as it's arc that needs more fighting compare purpose of WCI. He already beat PO, so next step is Yes being either King or Queen.
sanji never beats PO.
Zoan is endurance beast, PO won't be down easily like that.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
sanji never beats PO.
Zoan is endurance beast, PO won't be down easily like that.
He did. Proof is he never come back. Deal with it instead being in denial as usual. Oda push narrative to him being down and getting Cracker treatment.

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
He did. Proof is he never come back. Deal with it instead being in denial as usual. Oda push narrative to him being down and getting Cracker treatment.
never comes back coz sanji is good at escaping. If you remember, he has the suit to be invisible and that makes it hard for some enemies to track him.
unless we saw a picture that page one was shown knocked out from the fight, then the correct assumption is that sanji never beats page one

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
never comes back coz sanji is good at escaping. If you remember, he has the suit to be invisible and that makes it hard for some enemies to track him.
unless we saw a picture that page one was shown knocked out from the fight, then the correct assumption is that sanji never beats page one
Then where is PO and why wasn't he with Drake and Hawkins if he was active? Why wasn't he attacking people or still looking for Sanji? Why Oda never show a scene of him while we got Holden and Kamazou back on their feat easily, but not him?

Last edited by a moderator:

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Then where is PO and why wasn't he with Drake and Hawkins if he was active? Why wasn't he attacking people or still looking for Sanji? Why Oda never show a scene of him while we got Holden and Kamazou back on their feat easily, but not him?
PO was busy just like the other flying 6 so he wasnt with drake. Give me picture proof that PO was injured and rest in bed

Last edited by a moderator:

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
There is no correct assumption because we have no idea how the fight ended. There is no proof that Sanji didn't beat Page One and no proof that he did. Only thing we know is that Sanji escaped unharmed and Drake is gunning for him personally now.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
There is no correct assumption because we have no idea how the fight ended. There is no proof that Sanji didn't beat Page One and no proof that he did. Only thing we know is that Sanji escaped unharmed and Drake is gunning for him personally now.
That solidify it since why was Drake angry next time we see him and no PO? Oda doesn't need to show to know situation happen. This isn't first time he off-screen stuff after all like latest chapters in flashbacks for examples.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

PO was busy just like the other flying 6 so he wasnt with drake. Give me picture proof that PO was injured and rest in bed
Give me proof first he is active someway and your not in denial as usual.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm in the middle. It's clear to me that Sanji defeated Page one. The last time we saw him he was screaming out after Sanji had just rocked him, showing Sanji with clear superiority. I dont need Oda to spoon feed me a panel of Page 1 all bandaged up to know Sanji defeated him or at least humiliated him. But, there is no proof Page 1 didnt just run away like a coward without Sanji getting the finishing blow in.

In the long run it doesnt matter. Page 1 is no doubt back up and moving both because he is a Zoan and because it's been over a week. Unless Sanji killed him, defeating him was insignificant in the long run.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Sanji fights against Page One is like many of the clashes in Marineford, which don't lead anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.