- Joined
- Nov 8, 2006
- Messages
- 1,746
- Reaction score
- 929
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
First link: Only a few pages earlier, Franky probably dished out a ton more damage with stone pillars on nunchukas. Considering Brooke was using a sword, the damage output there is not remarkable. Especially at that stage of the manga where a few chapters later we had a lot of the Strawhat's hit the punching bag that was Oars with quite serious damage.I disagree that Brooke's damage output isn't remarkable.
Brook Skill as a Swordsman
Speed and Above Average swordsmanship
Second Link: Yes I agree, his speed and technique is great. In both those respects he's probably equal to, or a bit below, the Monster Trio. I never said otherwise about those two aspects of his battle ability.
On the bolded bits: as I said above, I never disagreed with that. He is flexible, he is technical, he is musical and he is fast.Personally I think brook is meant to be a fighting member of the crew rather than anything else. He won't match up to the monster trio but he would surely be comparable to franky. His flexibility, speed and music make him a remarkable fighter IMHO.
Also, seeing the fight of ryuma vs zoro, is it evident brook's technique is the real deal and comparable to that of zoro. Zoro is superior to brook not because his actual sword skills are superior but because he is faster and stronger.
But he is made of bones. Bones have no muscles, no cushioning from damage. Every bit of damage he takes wears away on the frame that keeps his soul in his body. Brooke can grow, realistically, in regards to skill alone.
My point is that Brooke is ALL technique and speed. A good mix, sure, but against stronger enemies he has no "remarkable" (I mean, you look at it and go WHOA FUCK!) damage ouput shown thus far, and most likely would be the Strawhat to fall over first if they all received the same damage.
So my rank is based off the fact that, despite great speed and technique, he has average power and low defence. I somewhat agree with your "fighting member" assesment, but then again I'd only rank 3 members as "not fighting members" (Chopper, Nami and Ussop) and that's only because of their characters, not their strength. Nami's useful in every fight, but she has a real brain on her shoulders and reacts like a real person to outrageous shit.
