The Chaser and the Chased

Status
Not open for further replies.

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: iPho

You don't use an ice cream machine? That's really impressive. How do you make it?
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

I got the recipe from the newspaper one day... it's originally mango, orange and mint sorbet, but I replaced the mint with peach. :XD

It's basically just chopping up and blending all the fruit you want, mix it with sugar and water, freeze it for about 3 hours and then you chuck it into a blender again with the egg whites until it's smooth. Then you put it into the freezer again for 4 hours. :XD

Do you want the recipe? :tem
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: iPho

Sure! I would love to try it one day. :amuse
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Re: iPho

Icey whats your favorite activity when you are free?
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

Sure! I would love to try it one day. :amuse
Ok! Here we go! *Cracks knuckles*

Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup casater sugar
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- I didn't have mango, so I used some mango nectar instead. Make sure you don't put too much, because that's what I did and it took about 2 hours more to set. :darn But it still tasted awesome! :thumbs) The original recipe used 1 large mango.
- Enough peach to equal a large mango. (I'm not sure how much I used exactly, since I improvised and strayed a bit from the recipe... but it was about a tin and a half.)
- 3 egg whites

Method:
1: Place sugar and 1 cup of cold water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 10 minutes or until mixture thickens. Cool.

2: Process peach (and mango, if you have it) until smooth. Mix in orange juice, mango nectar (if you don't have mango) and sugar mixture. Pour into a 3cm-deep, 20cm x 30cm container (actually, any container would do, just as long as the base is large, so the mixture can freeze quicker). Freeze for 3 hours or until just firm.

3: Transfer mixture to a food processor (or a blender). Add egg whites. Process until smooth. Pour mixture into the container again. Freeze for about 4 hours or until firm.

And there you have it! :tem Whenever I have some, I usually top it with some frozen raspberries. :drool

Icey whats your favorite activity when you are free?
Hmm... I usually just surf the net, chat to friends on MSN or read manga. And if I'm out of the house, I just usually hang with my friends or go watch a movie with them or something. :XD

Ahahahaa, but this summer holiday, I've been mostly at home... like a hermit... Man, I have no life. :oh

:XD
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: iPho

I'll go revive it after lunch! There's something I want to ask you guys anyway. :XD
Thanks for reviving the thread! I'll check it out in a bit. Please make your way towards the Otaku Culture section. T^T

I think I'll start reading One Piece next holidays... :XD Hopefully... :p
Waaaaaat? You said you would start reading One Piece this summer!? Meanie. :crying

Who's your favourite ES21 character? :nuts

My favourite hot drink would be hot chocolate or tea... Or a caramel latte with a big scoop of cookies and cream ice-cream in it. :drool
Who doesn't like hot chocolate!? :D

- Do you legally purchase music online? :cheez
- What was the last album you purchased or legally downloaded? :cheez
- Do you read any magazines on a regular basis?
- Looking forward to year 11?
- Are you the only one that reads manga in your family?
- Purple, white, black, pink or blue?
- Pink or pink? or pink?
- What about light pink then? :p
- Have you ever been fishing? o.O
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

Thanks for reviving the thread! I'll check it out in a bit. Please make your way towards the Otaku Culture section. T^T
No probs! :p
And will do! After I finish typing this up. :XD

Waaaaaat? You said you would start reading One Piece this summer!? Meanie. :crying
What? :blink Sorry! :darn I guess some other mangas just popped up and I decided to read them first. >_>

Who's your favourite ES21 character? :nuts
Hiruma all the way!! :yaha and Kakei. :XD How about you? :nuts

Who doesn't like hot chocolate!? :D
I know, right?! :D

- Do you legally purchase music online? :cheez
- What was the last album you purchased or legally downloaded? :cheez
- Do you read any magazines on a regular basis?
- Looking forward to year 11?
- Are you the only one that reads manga in your family?
- Purple, white, black, pink or blue?
- Pink or pink? or pink?
- What about light pink then? :p
- Have you ever been fishing? o.O
- Yes I do.
- Last album I purchased: 2PM - 1:59PM
- No, I don't read any magazines.
- Freaking scared about the homework load, but I'm looking forward to learn new stuff and seeing my friends again on a daily basis. :XD
- I'm an only child, so yes, I'm the only one in my immediate family who reads manga. I'm not sure about my relatives in China, but I think my cousin does, or at least used to... since he saw my Gaara plushie and knew who he was and he randomly said "Bankai" once. :XD
- Erm... blue.
- Green. :oh
- Light green, you say? :nuts
- No, I haven't been... I was going to go crabbing once, but I got sick about 3 days before the day... I didn't go in the end, since my mum thought that I would get even more ill from the cold. :XD
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: iPho

Oooh, have you tried to make ice cream with liquid nitrogen?
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

Nope. O_O Have you? :XD

That mango, peach and orange sorbet I was talking about was the first time I've ever made ice cream/sorbet. :XD
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: iPho

Yeah, tried that out a couple of years ago in chemistry class.

I must honestly say that it was the tastiest (and most expensive) ice cream I've ever eaten.
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

Oh wow! :omg What flavour was it? How was it the tastiest? :XD Was the texture smooth and creamy like no other or something? :XD
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: iPho

It was incredibly smooth and creamy, and it tasted like cream vanilla. :wtf
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: iPho

Mmmmm, that sorbet sounds tasty! :drool

Do you cook much? What else can you cook/do you like to make? Any specialties?

Oh, and hi! :bye
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: iPho

Sorry for the delayed arrival to your thread. I was side tracked. D:

Where would you like to visit thats not china nor korea nor japan, in fact ill rephrase the question. Where would you most like to visit outside of Asia/Oceania? ;C

What do you want to do when you grow up in the future [sizept=2]Okay that was a bit mean of me xDD[/sizept]

Edit: Oh yea, give ys 5 reasons why someone should listen to kpop? :p
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: iPho

:XD It's a flavour together. They're not separate flavours. :XD Also yep, what riki said. :amuse You should definitely try it one day! :zomg It's soooo good! :drool I actually have two tubs of it in the freezer right now. :XD (One of them is almost empty, of course. >_>)

Hmm... I'm actually not so sure about DGM anymore... (Sorry riki. :darn) Since it went monthly and the drawing style changed, I had quite a hard time following it... But I still love the Ark in Edo arc and the Zombie arc. :XD Actually, I think Bakuman and Sket Dance are creeping into my top 5 manga. :tem I would always be so happy when there are new chapters of them released. :thumbs
I see:XDMakes more sense that way.Damn you Ice!Stop it,you're making my mouth water again:droolI have to try it.

Yeah,DGM kind of turned into a mess...and knowing Hoshino,who is always in a hurry,i guess even the monthly schedule looks messy:XD
Those arcs were quite cool.I also liked the Alma flashback!That was fantastic.
I agree with you on Bakuman(looking forward to the new chapter:zomg),but i haven't read Sket Dance yet(i know,i know,i definitly have to read it,but i don't have much time:darn)
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: iPho

Hi Chibiphoenix, just wanted to bump in into everyone's thread once in a while :amuse

Do you have any kind of favorite sports to do or watch?

And don't let Googz hit on you, I see him getting to that certain tone already :hurr
(And this must be the most cheerful/smiley heavy thread of all times :D)
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

Mmmmm, that sorbet sounds tasty! :drool

Do you cook much? What else can you cook/do you like to make? Any specialties?

Oh, and hi! :bye
Hi! Thanks for dropping by. :XD
I usually cook lunch for myself if my parents aren't home, and egg is usually the only ingredients I actually HAVE that I can work with, so I can cook egg in about about 10 different ways. (With the occasional help of bread.) :XD

Sorry for the delayed arrival to your thread. I was side tracked. D:

Where would you like to visit thats not china nor korea nor japan, in fact ill rephrase the question. Where would you most like to visit outside of Asia/Oceania? ;C

What do you want to do when you grow up in the future [sizept=2]Okay that was a bit mean of me xDD[/sizept]

Edit: Oh yea, give ys 5 reasons why someone should listen to kpop? :p
Impy. I have been waiting for your arrival. *Swivels around in my spinny chair and strokes an imaginary cat.*

Aw come on, not Asia at all? D: If you just said 'not China, Korea or Japan'... I would've picked Malaysia, Thailand or Singapore. But now that you have striked out all of Asia... Probably Spain, England, Italy or the US.

When I grow up, be on TV, people know me, be on magazines ♫ My mum and dad, being the Asian parents that they are, want me to be a doctor. I'm ok with that, so I'll aim for that... but if I fail, pharmacy maybe? And if I fail that as well, at least something to do with science. :neutral I actually have no idea what I want to be yet, so yeahhh... >_>

I see:XDMakes more sense that way.Damn you Ice!Stop it,you're making my mouth water again:droolI have to try it.

Yeah,DGM kind of turned into a mess...and knowing Hoshino,who is always in a hurry,i guess even the monthly schedule looks messy:XD
Those arcs were quite cool.I also liked the Alma flashback!That was fantastic.
I agree with you on Bakuman(looking forward to the new chapter:zomg),but i haven't read Sket Dance yet(i know,i know,i definitly have to read it,but i don't have much time:darn)
Try it, try it, try it!! And when you have, tell me what you think! :tem

Ooh yeah!! I should reread that bit... with it being monthly, the previous chapters are all fuzzy in my memory. :XD
I'm looking forward to the new Bakuman chapter too!! :zomg Since Sleepyfans has disbanded, IEM is the only group doing Baku now. :XD
You haven't read Sket Dance?! :yelling You say you have no time? Yet you were reading a manga where the dude randomly started levitating in class and floated out of the room through a window... :oh (Wait, was that you? >_>)

Hi Chibiphoenix, just wanted to bump in into everyone's thread once in a while :amuse

Do you have any kind of favorite sports to do or watch?

And don't let Googz hit on you, I see him getting to that certain tone already :hurr
(And this must be the most cheerful/smiley heavy thread of all times :D)
Hi Rofl!! Nice to see you here! :XD

For your sports question, the answer can be found here. (In the reply to Kakashi.)

O rly? :oh

And yes! Smiley spam is good spam. :turtle

:XD
 
Last edited:

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: iPho

Ni hao~!! :glomp

Ahahahaa, I only knew about KT because of a drama that Kame and Aka were in (Gokusen 2)... I decided to listen to their music a while later and I liked what I heard. :XD I also like NEWS as well. Because of Yamapi.
Ah, Gokusen 2. I've only watched Gokusen 1, I prefer MatsuJun and Oguri Shun and the rest of the Gokusen 1 cast, but then again I only watched a few minutes of Gokusen 2 ^^;; I used to like NEWS a lot, but then I discovered Arashi, and all the NEWS love like, dissolved :XD And if you have never heard of Arashi, you really need to, and you need to watch some of their variety shows :noworry

I don't really watch Japanese variety shows, but I've watched a few episodes of Tokyo Friend Park 2. (The ones with TVXQ, Sato Takeru and Yamapi. :amuse)
Ohooo, my absolute favourite Johnny's boy would be too hard to decide... so I'll just say that my favourites are what I like to call... "The Holy Trinity of Y.A.K." What Y.A.K. stands for, you ask? Yamapi, Akanishi and Kamenashi. :luv
TFP is epic fun :XD I love all the games on that show. But like you, I only watch it when my favourite people are on. I used to watch a lot of Jap variety shows and music shows, but I stopped because of exams (and because I was more caught up in anime and manga) and never started up again... I would however totally recommend Arashi no Shukudai-kun ~ it's hilarious! Also VS Arashi. Have I mentioned I'm a big fan of Arashi? :3c

Oh yeah, you do know that Jin has left KT already right? :/ I've always felt that KAT-TUN was more like KA and t-tun because Kame and Jin get too much attention :ninja

Actually, I only got into ABS because of some anime OPs... so I haven't heard of T.M.Revolution. :sweatdrop I'll check them out soon~!
You like abs and you've never heard of T.M.R!? Blasphemy, I say! :yelling

You know that short dude that sings for abs? He is Takanori :) Takanori Makes Revolution = T.M.Revolution. He's been around for years and has sung a number of anime OPs himself, before forming abs in like 2007 or something (can't remember). Now he does both but at this moment he is focusing more on his solo work aka TMR :) Check him out, he's pretty awesome and has a great composer working with him!

And I swear my itunes is listening to me type - when I talked about Arashi it played me an Arashi song, and when I started typing about TMR it played a TMR song :blink

Fanservice is always awesome. :hurr
Ikr? :hurr

Blai be lucky.

Anyway, yes indeed I have. :tem In 2009, my friend and I flew to Shanghai to see TVXQ's Mirotic Concert! :tem (We didn't fly there just to see them... We were going to go there to visit our relatives anyway. :XD) I think it was the last concert they performed together at, before the lawsuit. :(
I see you're a huge fan of TVXQ! I have a lot of friends who are their fans too haha. I listen to their Japanese songs :) How was the concert? Was there fanservice? :XD

Oh and I noticed you started (?) proof-reading for Muda! :p
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: iPho

Have you tried douhua? If so, do you like it sweet or savory?

I like mine sweet. My mom would make a sweet and spicy ginger sauce and serve it over the soft tofu. :drool

Do you like eating traditional Chinese foods or fusion-type (e.g. General Tso, crab rangoons, etc.)?
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

Warning: Big wall of text coming up. :ninja

Ah, Gokusen 2. I've only watched Gokusen 1, I prefer MatsuJun and Oguri Shun and the rest of the Gokusen 1 cast, but then again I only watched a few minutes of Gokusen 2 ^^;; I used to like NEWS a lot, but then I discovered Arashi, and all the NEWS love like, dissolved :XD And if you have never heard of Arashi, you really need to, and you need to watch some of their variety shows :noworry
I've watched Gokusen 1, 2 and 3. :XD If you don't mind the cheesiness, it's a pretty good series. :thumbs Ahh, I only started watching Gokusen because of Jun. :XD My friend invited me over one day because she had bought a lot of new dramas from Singapore. She told me what each was about and who's in them, and I chose Gokusen because I saw Jun on the cover. :XD Out of the 3 Gokusen series, I think I like the cast of Gokusen 2 is the best. :) But then again... Miura Haruma was a main in Gokusen 3... :worrybunny

TFP is epic fun :XD I love all the games on that show. But like you, I only watch it when my favourite people are on. I used to watch a lot of Jap variety shows and music shows, but I stopped because of exams (and because I was more caught up in anime and manga) and never started up again... I would however totally recommend Arashi no Shukudai-kun ~ it's hilarious! Also VS Arashi. Have I mentioned I'm a big fan of Arashi? :3c
Yeah~! But it's a pain to find the videos online. :darn Either it's not veru up to date, or the ones I really want to watch aren't available. :notrust Ack, exams! :darn I should probably stop slacking for the next two years... :bored
Ohoho~ I'll keep those in mind for when my internet is uncapped. >_>
So far, you've mentioned Arashi 5 times, so, yes~ You have subtly mentioned that you're a big fan of Arashi. :XD

Oh yeah, you do know that Jin has left KT already right? :/ I've always felt that KAT-TUN was more like KA and t-tun because Kame and Jin get too much attention :ninja
Ah yeah. >.< I saw some pictured from his American debut... :crying Haha yeah... I actually only know Kame and Jin from KAT-TUN. :darn

You like abs and you've never heard of T.M.R!? Blasphemy, I say! :yelling

You know that short dude that sings for abs? He is Takanori :) Takanori Makes Revolution = T.M.Revolution. He's been around for years and has sung a number of anime OPs himself, before forming abs in like 2007 or something (can't remember). Now he does both but at this moment he is focusing more on his solo work aka TMR :) Check him out, he's pretty awesome and has a great composer working with him!
I'm sorry!! DD: I actually only listen to their songs, but I haven't really looked that much into them. >_< What are your favourite songs from abs and TMR? Actually, I'll chuck in Arashi, KT and NEWS as well with that question. :XD

And I swear my itunes is listening to me type - when I talked about Arashi it played me an Arashi song, and when I started typing about TMR it played a TMR song :blink
Bahahahaha :XD Your iTunes knows you too well! :o

I see you're a huge fan of TVXQ! I have a lot of friends who are their fans too haha. I listen to their Japanese songs :) How was the concert? Was there fanservice? :XD
Hahaha yes!! :tem (When they were together, they were the awesomest, but I guess they're pretty awesome when they're split in two as well! :darn) I listen to their Korean songs more. :XD I don't have many of their Japanese songs, but my friend (who is a huuuuge fan of them) has basically all their songs. ALL. THEIR. SONGS. Every single one. Even ones from OSTs, random solos, concert only songs, you name it. :amuse
Anyway, the concert was awesome~ But My throat was so sore after wards. :XD I went with two of my friends, and out seats were pretty good. they were to the side, but we had a really good view~! Some of the people behind us heard us speaking English and they asked where we were from... They were pretty shocked when they found out that we're from Australia! :tem Anyway, there wasn't really much fanservice, it was more like fans overreacting... Basically, when the favourite fan pairing sang together, there would be double the amount of screaming. :XD

Oh and I noticed you started (?) proof-reading for Muda! :p
Yes. Yes I did! :XD I only started a couple of weeks ago though. I mainly proof for I Eat Manga. (I'm now a typesetter too! :nuts) But I think I've bitten more than I could chew, since I joined Chibi Manga as well and now I'm up to my neck in TLs in need of a proofread. :darn Bad decision... a very bad decision. :XD

Have you tried douhua? If so, do you like it sweet or savory?

I like mine sweet. My mom would make a sweet and spicy ginger sauce and serve it over the soft tofu. :drool

Do you like eating traditional Chinese foods or fusion-type (e.g. General Tso, crab rangoons, etc.)?
Oh! I love that stuff! :drool I like it sweet, with the syrup you mentioned! :tem I usually have it for desert if I ever go to have Yum Cha~ I don't think I've ever tried it savoury though...

I like both of them. :XD Fusion's a nice change, but traditional will always be... well, traditional. :XD In Shanghai last year, I went to this really nice modern Sichuan restaurant. All their food was really out there, but everyone in my extended family loved the food~ :tem Apparently you have to book a few months in advance to get a big table. :blink It's so popular that there was a huge line to get in! :blink
Oh yeah, I wiki'ed General Tso and crab rangoons, and since they're both American Chinese, I've never heard of them. :darn But I often see and eat stuff that's similar to those. :XD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top