TV The How I Met Your Mother Thread

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
If "Zoe" turns out to be the one I'm going to be pissed. -_-
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Yeah, last episode was definitely the best one of the season so far. The others haven't really been of the same quality of previous seasons, imo, but this one had enough laugh-out-loud moments to make up for at least some of those.

And Zoe can't be the mother. It was said that Ted first met the mother at "the wedding" (most likely Punchy's), so it has to be someone we have yet to see.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Plus, Zoe is married and the mother is Cindy's roommate.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I got very confused when Ted recognized Cindy's "girlfriend" at the Pub as her roomie, so I excluded the fact that it was his future wife and believed it was a director's fault at making Ted say it's his future wife.

Apparently it wasn't her roomie though so he'll indeed meet Cindy's roommate at the wedding.

There is no chance Zoe will be his wife, but I'm amused at seeing how the feud between her and Ted will turn out now that they're friends.

I still hate her guts though. Awful character.
 

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
I still hate her guts though. Awful character.
Seconded.

I keep feeling like they're throwing her at us. Pretty much every ep has been about her so far.

(Also, who didn't see that she was rich coming? Her surname was Van-Smoot, for chrissakes...)
 

jonsan633

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
In this show Barney is the best character, I mean one of the funniest character. I like the whole band has chemistry together....
 
Last edited:

ss5

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 4, 2010
Messages
12
Reaction score
5
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
OMG, this is like my favorite show, I just watched an episode yesterday. Ted drank 5 shots and got totally drunk, he ended up waking up to a pineapple and a girl named trudy in his bed!!! lol. Best episode ever!XD
 

DLord.Van.Buuren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
1,716
Reaction score
1,226
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
barney is the best
 

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Latest ep was sad. D:

I cried when Marshall's dad died... but I did see it coming, since the episode was so focused on their relationship and I am of the opinon every bit of good news comes with bad news... Still, the countdown on the objects was really clever! I didn't even notice! I mean, I saw a few numbers here and there but I didn't understand it till later... :/

I'm guessing now Lily & Marshall will have a son, and name it after his dad.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I know!
Unlike you, I didn't see it coming until Marshall called his dad and his work bench was empty. Then, I immediately knew what would be next. Looking back at it now, the foreshadowing was there, but I guess I didn't pick up on it. Poor Marshall! :crying

I also think the prediction of Marshall and Lily having a son and naming it after his dad is most likely spot on. With how close Marshall and his dad were and the fact that they've made a big deal about the Eriksen men producing male offspring, it seems pretty obvious that this is going to happen.

On the lighter side, I loved that Barney's true doppleganger just happens to be a doctor that looks at lady parts all day. So perfect! :XD
 

c0nflikt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
513
Reaction score
59
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have never watched the show regularly, but i did catch the latest ep. Barney's doppleganger was hilarious, and i forget the guy but he had the bear at his apartment was teh lulz.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Finally caught up witht the episodes now, the last one was very sad. But I got the countdown thing from the start but I dunno how I noticed it.

Favourite episode so far is probably the museum episode: "To Industry!!, Bully!" :lmao
 

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
I'm about to watch episode 13... anyone know if that's the last episode for awhile or what?
 

raikou

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2009
Messages
141
Reaction score
46
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
the latest episode is 14. Next episode is released at February 7
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Patience young one :p
 

raikou

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2009
Messages
141
Reaction score
46
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Hey, i want to ask something for you HIMYM watchers. i rewatched episode 21 "something borrowed" at season two, and future ted says, "In may of 2007, Aunt Lily and Uncle Marshall got married at the historic Van Smoot House in upstate New York." When I heard Van smoot It reminds me of The Captain. Is this just a coincidence or what? can somebody help me at this?
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Well Van Smoot does sound like a very snooty, upper-class type name, so I can see where you might connect the two. Wikipedia has The Captain listed as simply 'The Captain', but his wife's name is listed as Zoey Pierson. So, this would imply that their last name is Pierson, unless of course she didn't take his last name.

Sorry my evidence isn't more conclusive. :sweat
 

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
618
Reaction score
556
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Well Van Smoot does sound like a very snooty, upper-class type name, so I can see where you might connect the two. Wikipedia has The Captain listed as simply 'The Captain', but his wife's name is listed as Zoey Pierson. So, this would imply that their last name is Pierson, unless of course she didn't take his last name.

Sorry my evidence isn't more conclusive. :sweat
Yeah, didn't you guys notice that when they introduced Zoe as "Zoe Van Smoot"? I immedietely remembered the Van Smoot House. I just figured the Captain must own it. :amuse
 
Top