Games The RPG thread

TheBoss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 21, 2012
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
1,281
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
For the ps1 era, the game was legend of dragoon
<3 LoD is my favorite ps1 jrpg too.
Too bad its completely underrated, if they did a sequel or a remake to Ps3-4 or the Vita, I'd go crazy '-'
Though we all know that isnt happening :emocat
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
<3 LoD is my favorite ps1 jrpg too.
Too bad its completely underrated, if they did a sequel or a remake to Ps3-4 or the Vita, I'd go crazy '-'
Though we all know that isnt happening :emocat
I wouldn't say it's underrated...a lot of people love it. But, even as a huge fan of the game I must admit, the story wasn't very engrossing and the magic side of the battle system was poor imo. Still...one of my favourite RPGs ever..I still play it over from time to time.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Just ended tales of xillia and IMO, it's a masterpiece.

LoD was not my favourite jrpg, at the time Final Fantasy was still too far ahead but suikoden 5 is well one of my top favorites on ps2 (along with grandia 2, valkyrie profile silmeria & star ocean till the end of time. And even if it disappointed me a lot due to high expectations, FF10 did age well). But for the ps3, Tales of Xillia is the best jrpg. It's not a piece of art like ni no kuni or a technical demo like FF13 but all in all, I enjoyed the game much more than I expected & probably more than those 2 powerhouses.

If only we could receive a new real Grandia ...
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Altus is going to make a big announcement on Nov. 24th. Will they finally reveal Persona 5?
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So for any strategy JRPG fans who aren't aware, and it's easy not to be due to how overshadowed it was by other games, Disgaea D2 comes out today.

Unlike the last three Disgaea games this installment is a sequel to the original game with Laharl, Etna, and Flonne and all the greatness that comes with them. Reviews are looking good so far and I can't wait to pick it up. Disgaea are one of those series that I can just play off an on for a year and love every second.
 
Last edited:

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
NISA just shipped mine~ Did you get the Premium Edition?
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
NISA just shipped mine~ Did you get the Premium Edition?
Sadly no, it was tempting, but I decided to go with the digital download version. I love being able to select stuff on the XMB and without putting any discs in.

Absolutely, can't wait to play it too.

There are already confirmed DLC characters too. Namely Fuuka, Desco (:super), Raspberyl, Adel, Rozalin, and Mao. Knowing the way NIS does things we can probably expect every other character in the history of the series too.
 

a5tr4y

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 13, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
i love suikoden series,
it's really fun to finding 108 heroes stars
but not luck for suikoden V my cd get damage when playing in the middle
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,072
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Looks like a new Tales of game is going to be announced soon! Teaser site opened!
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Hope it comes to 3DS/ PC... That site makes me want to play over Phantasia....okay, gonna play the fully voiced edition :hee
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Info about the covenants in Dark Souls II is up now

---------- Post added December 06, 2013 at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was December 05, 2013 at 10:28 PM ----------

A hint about the next Tales game is posted
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Info about the covenants in Dark Souls II is up now

---------- Post added December 06, 2013 at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was December 05, 2013 at 10:28 PM ----------

A hint about the next Tales game is posted
I'm currently discovering Dark Souls (steam sale ...) & even if the price is low, I already have regrets. This is really a niche kind of game. Graphics are 5 years old & gameplay is 15 years old. Ok, it's rewarding to beat something when it's not easy but the game feels so archaic. The beginning feels a lot like Vagrant Story (for those who remember that one). You're alone, with little to no explanation and there are monsters.

I can understand people who like this game but the interface & overall gameplay is just bad for me.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I for one don't care about graphics and the gameplay is identical to almost all ARPG around. The thing about Dark Souls is you can't just hack and slash your way through,actually have to use strategy and think. I've had almost 90 hours into the game before but didn't get very far lol,recently started again. The interface is kinda bad though...and not being able to pause the game kinda sucks. Not to mention there are a few glitches and the aiming is a bit sucky. The difficulty of the game makes you want to play it even more and makes you want to finish the game no matter how much times you've died. Oh,and you're already probably using a control, but just in case, keyboard and mouse is not good at all to play this game...I learnt that the hard way :XD Also,the environment and setting of the game is very depressing and frustrating at times :(

Still love it though :D
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Dark Souls is exactly my thing. I can speed run it in 30 - 45 minutes now :) I played it too much for my own good.
Can't wait for Dark Souls II <3
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Dark Souls is exactly my thing. I can speed run it in 30 - 45 minutes now :) I played it too much for my own good.
Can't wait for Dark Souls II <3
I'm the same way. Even though I'm not nearly that good. That freakin' flame guy down in the dark lava caverns place is the bain of my existence. It think he's seriously killed me 200 hundred times.

I love the game though. The sense of a accomplishment as you make it to places in the game you've never been before for the first time is so grand because it's so freakin' hard to get there.

------------------------------------------------------------

Offtopic(kinda): I'm about to do some shameless series promotion, and I apologize for that, but it's for all of your own good!

There is a new Korean Webtoon called The Gamer. For anybody who likes JRPG's even a little bit, this is like the comic you've always dreamed of. As a personal favor to me, and to yourself, check it out; and if you like it (which you will) you can discuss it with us here.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

KingOfNight

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,314
Reaction score
694
Gender
Male
Country
Fire Nation
I'm the same way. Even though I'm not nearly that good. That freakin' flame guy down in the dark lava caverns place is the bain of my existence. It think he's seriously killed me 200 hundred times.

I love the game though. The sense of a accomplishment as you make it to places in the game you've never been before for the first time is so grand because it's so freakin' hard to get there.
Do you mean Ceaseless Discharge? I didn't think he was that difficult, just need to figure the trick.

In my opinion, the Souls series is the best Ps3 series, bar none. Not only the sense of accomplishment is unmatched, but the never ending sense of danger as well :p Never have I played a game that requires even half the amount of patience, strategy and observations as this one.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Do you mean Ceaseless Discharge? I didn't think he was that difficult, just need to figure the trick.

In my opinion, the Souls series is the best Ps3 series, bar none. Not only the sense of accomplishment is unmatched, but the never ending sense of danger as well :p Never have I played a game that requires even half the amount of patience, strategy and observations as this one.
Ah yes, Ceaseless Discharge. There is no humiliation quite like getting repeatedly beat down by a boss whose name sounds like a horrifying description of severe diarrhea.

I think part of it was they way I built my character but I watched the youtube videos on how to beat him. So I know how it theoretically can be done, just could not do it.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
The first time I played Dark Souls I thought the bow and arrow was useless, but now I know it's super helpful lol. Died quite a few times against the gargoyles the first time around, but now they were really easy ^_^ Plus I learned that the more humanity you have you get bonus stats >_<
 

KingOfNight

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,314
Reaction score
694
Gender
Male
Country
Fire Nation
Ah yes, Ceaseless Discharge. There is no humiliation quite like getting repeatedly beat down by a boss whose name sounds like a horrifying description of severe diarrhea.

I think part of it was they way I built my character but I watched the youtube videos on how to beat him. So I know how it theoretically can be done, just could not do it.
Lol, always thought that name was weird.

Were you a Magician or something like that?

............................................................

The Boss that truly gave me nightmares(an optional one), was the Stray Demon back when you return to the Asylum for the second time. I challenged this guy at around level 14 if I remember, and my attacks would take like 5 points of health out of 1000(as an example), and he can pretty much one-shot me. I'd fight this guy for days before I could kill him.
 
Top