Games Mafia Game 33 - Steins;Gate - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,690
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: Mafia Game 33 - Steins;Gate - Day 2

I think this is a pretty big exaggeration. Plus, plenty of people got pissy here, including myself. We probably learned from that game, especially with deciding not to continue it...though I think this mistake was way more detrimental. Whatever, I'm not interested in bashing niichan or Faust over mistakes, so I don't even see the point of bringing this up. People flip out, overreact and then move on.
People got pissed in both games and acted differently towards the hosts, that's not an exaggeration. Both mistakes led the game to end o.o so I can't see how one was worse than another. Is it too hard not to attack someone after agreeing that people make mistakes? Other than that, I'd have to agree with DD, if you wanna minimize the problem, lol. I don't see the big deal in saying people shouldn't bash Faust or any other less experienced host in the future, after agreeing with playing with him.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Mafia Game 33 - Steins;Gate - Day 2

Oh well, I promise to do better next time. Sorry again, I'm pretty annoyed myself that I ruined all the work and fun because of such a stupid mistake :s I guess you learn from your mistakes, won't happen again.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,690
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: Mafia Game 33 - Steins;Gate - Day 2

I guess I'm saying this cause DD brought the hosts problem up and there was a time when people would just say no to a host, cause he lacked experience to do it. And that wasn't a problem for a long while. If we don't trust a host, like it seems to be Faust's case, maybe we could just ask those to play a bit more before stepping up to host a game.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Mafia Game 33 - Steins;Gate - Day 2

Well for the future I will probably look at the night order again before I send any response. Not saying I forgot the actual order, but a short look should prevent such mistakes. My bad again.

And I tried that. I told Mido that it was my mistake, that he knows the results now, but shouldn't tell anybody else and consider himself blocked on the first night. That was the only way I saw how to continue the game. Then you mentioned the "Niichan send me an answer directly you liar, votekill Mido". Mido send me a PM that he will reveal everything now because he's fucked otherwise and I told him to wait, that I would make it clear in the thread that your point is invalid, but by that time he already posted everything. Can't blame him, it was my mistake to begin with, but at that point the game was ruined.
You tried, yes, but that wasn't a good approach at all. I mean, you were there along with 3c, when basically the same thing happened to me in the StreetFighter game. I didn't wait for Prostitute Faust's action and just ended the phase. We then all acted like he was not on time. lol. Like somebody mentioned here, instead of revealing to Mido, that he was actually blocked by the prostitute - confirming there is a prostitute to him, plus his other action that went wrong - him knowing I am innocent, you could have ripped off Josef of his action and tell him - you made a mistake and didn't wait for him. That would have been the approach of the minimal damage.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Mafia Game 33 - Steins;Gate - Day 2

Dunno what you mean, it's clearly a different situation.
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Not really, quitting is quitting. But whatever, you chilled out from it, it doesn't matter.

People got pissed in both games and acted differently towards the hosts, that's not an exaggeration. Both mistakes led the game to end o.o so I can't see how one was worse than another. Is it too hard not to attack someone after agreeing that people make mistakes? Other than that, I'd have to agree with DD, if you wanna minimize the problem, lol. I don't see the big deal in saying people shouldn't bash Faust or any other less experienced host in the future, after agreeing with playing with him.
Allowing suicides is a pretty huge boner. But otherwise, I didn't see people losing their shit too much. Just like someone else said, he actually afk'd the game as a host. That's not worth fair criticism?

I mean, I don't see the point of comparing this anymore. No one is bashing Evil or digital because they don't make mistakes...but if they DID, it'd be the same shit. Don't people remember the first time digitaldude wanted to host? Some people were signing up just to see if he would fail, lol
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Mafia Game 33 - Steins;Gate - Day 2

BOO NIICHAN! YOU SUCK! :yelling
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Re: Mafia Game 33 - Steins;Gate - Day 2

You tried, yes, but that wasn't a good approach at all. I mean, you were there along with 3c, when basically the same thing happened to me in the StreetFighter game. I didn't wait for Prostitute Faust's action and just ended the phase. We then all acted like he was not on time. lol. Like somebody mentioned here, instead of revealing to Mido, that he was actually blocked by the prostitute - confirming there is a prostitute to him, plus his other action that went wrong - him knowing I am innocent, you could have ripped off Josef of his action and tell him - you made a mistake and didn't wait for him. That would have been the approach of the minimal damage.
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showt...s-Gate-Day-2?p=3653470&viewfull=1#post3653470

I'm awe :oh

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Not really, quitting is quitting. But whatever, you chilled out from it, it doesn't matter.
I know what you meant, but again it's not the same.

I was just a player. People don't depend on me nor anything, and if I just die I don't really ruin anything for anyone.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,690
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: Mafia Game 33 - Steins;Gate - Day 2

Allowing suicides is a pretty huge boner. But otherwise, I didn't see people losing their shit too much. Just like someone else said, he actually afk'd the game as a host. That's not worth fair criticism?

I mean, I don't see the point of comparing this anymore. No one is bashing Evil or digital because they don't make mistakes...but if they DID, it'd be the same shit. Don't people remember the first time digitaldude wanted to host? Some people were signing up just to see if he would fail, lol
I wasn't talking about the suicide game. But my suggestion stands even after bringing up that case. And DD got bashed before as well.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Mafia Game 33 - Steins;Gate - Day 2

You tried, yes, but that wasn't a good approach at all. I mean, you were there along with 3c, when basically the same thing happened to me in the StreetFighter game. I didn't wait for Prostitute Faust's action and just ended the phase. We then all acted like he was not on time. lol. Like somebody mentioned here, instead of revealing to Mido, that he was actually blocked by the prostitute - confirming there is a prostitute to him, plus his other action that went wrong - him knowing I am innocent, you could have ripped off Josef of his action and tell him - you made a mistake and didn't wait for him. That would have been the approach of the minimal damage.
That was impossible. I made a clear announcement in the thread when the night phase is over, Josef send it in time and I only went online way after he send his PM. Would have been pretty damn weird if I told him "You were too late lulz".
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Mafia Game 33 - Steins;Gate - Day 2

I know what you meant, but again it's not the same.

I was just a player. People don't depend on me nor anything, and if I just die I don't really ruin anything for anyone.
:bored

For serious? It doesn't really matter to me. It's identical to a hostkill, except you consciously decide to quit because of being moody or whatever. There's no point in comparing this anymore, you know what you did was wrong, and that''s the point.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

I wasn't talking about the suicide game. But my suggestion stands even after bringing up that case. And DD got bashed before as well.
Suggestion?

I mean, anyone can host...but people will sign up knowing this. It's fine if someone suggests that they don't but a game going on is a game going on.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Re: Mafia Game 33 - Steins;Gate - Day 2

:bored

For serious? It doesn't really matter to me. It's identical to a hostkill, except you consciously decide to quit because of being moody or whatever. There's no point in comparing this anymore, you know what you did was wrong, and that''s the point.
I know it was wrong, but again it's not the same.

A hostkill is a kill + the lynch. All I did was drawing a giant target on me without having a role that would actually hurt the town (like a bomb). It was just another lynch, I didn't change anything at all.

Hell, the description of the game is ¨play until you ragequit¨, lol.

I really don't understand how you think it's the same as a host just deciding to leave after he screwed up, but wtv.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Mafia Game 33 - Steins;Gate - Day 2

That was impossible. I made a clear announcement in the thread when the night phase is over, Josef send it in time and I only went online way after he send his PM. Would have been pretty damn weird if I told him "You were too late lulz".
Of course it is possible. You just say sorry Josef, I forgot about you. And that's it. :D We would have continued playing.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Mafia Game 33 - Steins;Gate - Day 2

But that's what I suggested @.@
...ok? It's what we do already :XD

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Of course it is possible. You just say sorry Josef, I forgot about you. And that's it. :D We would have continued playing.
It minimizes the damage, but it's still painting a turd IMO
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,690
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: Mafia Game 33 - Steins;Gate - Day 2

No it's not, it's what we're doing TODAY. But wtv, I won't keep arguing over it ç.ç'
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Re: Mafia Game 33 - Steins;Gate - Day 2

Wow, u so pro Hardy! Please host! Just don't quit!

lel

<3
I was actually looking foward to do it some day... before ragequitting and throwing the small reputation I had before (...if I had any) :XD
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Mafia Game 33 - Steins;Gate - Day 2

Of course it is possible. You just say sorry Josef, I forgot about you. And that's it. :D We would have continued playing.
lol I guess that would have been possible :lmao It's kinda harsh but probably the only way to continue after such a mistake, yeah. Hopefully won't happen again, but I will think of that just in case it ever happens again lol.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Mafia Game 33 - Steins;Gate - Day 2

No it's not, it's what we're doing TODAY. But wtv, I won't keep arguing over it ç.ç'
I don't see your point, honestly. So we ban someone from hosting unless they've played x amount of games...or?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top