- Joined
- Aug 16, 2012
- Messages
- 3,086
- Reaction score
- 7,183
- Age
- 35
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Love the enthusiasmWonder how many of them will end up failing though.

Love the enthusiasmWonder how many of them will end up failing though.

I'm just being realistic.Love the enthusiasm![]()
To be honest, I was kind of thinking the same thing. I'm not sure how a manga about a pawn shop would perform in the fast-paced environment of WSJ, not to mention how soon he's returned, which actually copies Kizuku Watanabe's period of inactivity exactly going from Grimm to Edison, fast forward one year. Also, just because a more competent mangaka has returned doesn't necessarily mean their new serial will be just a great as their last. Case and point: Yoshiyuki Nishi, from Muhyo and Roji's to Hachi. I really hope Shiibashi is well prepared.I'm just being realistic.
I personally think Shiibashi's new series will be one of the early cancellations. It just feels like it's way to soon for him to come up with a new good series able to last.
The romance and soccer series probably won't last long either in my opinion.
Stealth Symphony though I feel has a pretty decent chance at surviving based on the talent involved.
Your comparison is a bit inadequate, Kizuku Watanabe never had a popular manga and Shiibashi had much more success with Nuramago that Yoshiyuki with Muhyo, not to mention that Yoshiyuki already had a failure before HachiTo be honest, I was kind of thinking the same thing. I'm not sure how a manga about a pawn shop would perform in the fast-paced environment of WSJ, not to mention how soon he's returned, which actually copies Kizuku Watanabe's period of inactivity exactly going from Grimm to Edison, fast forward one year. Also, just because a more competent mangaka has returned doesn't necessarily mean their new serial will be just a great as their last. Case and point: Yoshiyuki Nishi, from Muhyo and Roji's to Hachi. I really hope Shiibashi is well prepared.
Nisekois second colour since the anime has started, how many more in this period I wonder.Issue #11 Info
Center Colour: Toriko, Nisekoi, Shokugeki no Soma
Excited to see the new series by Shiibashi Hiroshi. People might say that it is too early, but it can be a good idea and good ideas don't choose time to appear, we have to wait to say if it will be cancelled early or not.Issue 10 Bottom 5:
Iron Knight
Kochikame
Beelzebub
Hachi
Koi no Cupid
================================================
These are the list of authors for upcoming new series.
- Illegal Rare by Shiibashi Hiroshi (author of Nurarihyon no Mago)
- Ai Shoujo by Takayama Toshinori
- Stealth Symphony by Narita Ryougo (author of Durarara!!) and Amano Youichi (author of Akaboshi)
- Soccer manga by Shimoyama Kento and Date Tsunehiro
I'm so happy for this
Oh no, I'm strictly not comparing Shiibashi with Watanabe at all in terms of performance. It's just that there have been many authors who rush to get second serials, only to blow it up entirely. Granted, they've all been incompetent, so it'd be interesting to see how Shiibashi does.Your comparison is a bit inadequate, Kizuku Watanabe never had a popular manga and Shiibashi had much more success with Nuramago that Yoshiyuki with Muhyo, not to mention that Yoshiyuki already had a failure before Hachi
Oneshot Here (translation Thai)For Takayama Toshinori, I think it is most likely the serialization of this work (from Jump Next 2013 Spring Issue):
![]()

Yeah well the thing is I LIKE his stories but I also HATE them at the same time. This is strictly my opinion but the work I read from him( especifically Durarara!!! and Baccano) leave to feel he writes this way: The characters are so twisted that it becomes endearing. A guy that fell in love with his attempted murderer, twins that practice a demented form of incest, etc. Still that's his novel work so I wont hold it against him.Hm? He's the main selling point for me, honestly...