COME FOR A SCHWING: niichan nag thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
WTF, am I senile? Was that left out of the anime or have I REALLY forgotten him surviving? I was sure he was "pretty obviously" given a fatal blow in the anime. I must be going senile as I doubt they would change such a major storytelling point. OK it's Oboro then 100% in the next chapter, ROFL.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
WTF, am I senile? Was that left out of the anime or have I REALLY forgotten him surviving? I was sure he was "pretty obviously" given a fatal blow in the anime. I must be going senile as I doubt they would change such a major storytelling point. OK it's Oboro then 100% in the next chapter, ROFL.
I think it's in the anime too :XD He healed himself with his needles and some acupuncture techniques or something, so he's still alive and kicking. Considering that he was shown as taking Takasugi's eyes this chap, it almost seems obvious that he will appear again. If the Amanto Leaders show up now this spells the end of the series even more though, it seems highly likely that it's going to end with this arc (and I guess another short one after). With next week it will be the longest serious arc of the whole series, surpassing Yoshiwara in Flames, and the end of the arc still isn't in sight. So weird to imagine Gintama ending after this ;___;
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Can someone tell Battle.net to not be assholes pls? :residentsleeper
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
yeah brb ETA never with your shit ticket(?) reply.

:heh
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Nah, I'm just super butthurt now. For some reason I already have an account with WoW on it, despite never buying it. Apparently the free month of game-time that I never played or knew about was actually the full game as well. No idea how I got it. In any case, it's actually cheaper for me to buy the game again at $5 since I get a free month so I went ahead with it.

But I have no way to play on European servers with my account, so it doesn't look like coop is happening. :pout
 
Last edited:

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
You can't choose EU? :huh
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
When I change servers in the Battle.net client I think it just changes the chat. My account can only access the areas including Americas and Oceania.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Lately, I really don't love writing massive posts xD

Yeah of course it made it a bigger impact when he became white hair Kaneki. As for his mother's teachings, that would've been so much better if it was implemented earlier, but still good. His arc was overall very satisfying to me. I kind of appreciated his pre-60 more after the change and learning more, but I wonder how it was following him for over a year (from my perspective, since you obviously didn't mind), when he was less fun to read about. It's pretty obvious the manga wasn't that special until after his turn, judging by the hype and looking up pictures etc xD Seems like it exploded after his turn.

Yes exactly, and just overall his examples when speaking about books/storytelling in the manga. Kind of breaking of the four walls in the manga when it's completely natural.

Well pretty much agree with everything in that paragraph about the final arc. Nothing to add.

I didn't read about it? But I noticed there were some weird translation errors here and there. That goes for the entire :Re honestly, the group seems a bit bad at translating certain words. One example I remember well is "proof" when it should've been "prove". But that's just a word mistranslation when I'm sure you talk about wrong meanings etc, or flat out mistranslations of words into something else entirely.

I don't see how it's the same for Amon tbh. He was listed as "dead" after the arc. How would CCG list him as dead if they didn't retrieve his corpse or something? Or why would they turn him into a ghoul? Last I remember he was killed by the Tree. Not to mention his arc was pretty much complete to me. Kaneki wasn't done in the same way. It also depends in what shape or form Haise is Kaneki. Is Haise is just a "mindfucked" Kaneki then we'll lose the "CCG side main character" when he turns back to Kaneki. If Haise is a human who has been "implanted with Kaneki" and Kaneki bursts out of him or something, we'll still have the CCG main character in Haise, making Amon's return less useful to the story.

Yes I got it... Why else would I say her nature was obvious to me >.> Yeah I didn't catch the finger cracking immediately, but when you asked me Kaneki had done it like a couple of times or something xD Not like you asked me when the manga was over and he had done it 20 times. Not to mention we saw a facial of Takasugi/Eto after she reverted from her owl form. I pretty much understood she was a ghoul from the first moments she was introduced as a character (physically). I didn't understand she was Eto until she leaked the info to CCG however.
And like I promised, this weekend :4head

Well it's the usual thing of explaining some character-related quirks and behaviour mid-story or even later. I mean many stories don't even bother with explaining why someone behaves a certain way, so that was good for me. No doubt though, a little hint at it here and there would have been nice, it feels like one of the few times when Ishida actually didn't foreshadow something lol.

Hmm I think you're kinda wrong. Tokyo Ghoul was selling good before too, before the Kaneki change. Since Volume 3 or 4 it sold around 200k in Japan, so it already was a good success for the magazine and the manga. Even when those chapters were scanlated it hardly increased popularity. It did to some extent but the western fanbase was pretty small, so spreading the word only improved the popularity slightly and slowly. No doubt it's thanks to the anime that the manga is so popular now, it basically exploded with that and when it ended with episode 12 (Kaneki transformation) every anime-only viewer was like "OMG I MUST READ THIS SHIT NAO!". So yeah, while it's true that the transformation scene is/was of importance to the popularity, it already had a good following in Japan before and boosted sales way before the last episode was released. Nowadays the Volumes sell around 500k or 600k, which already is among the top-sellers in Japan.

Did you even read the little Novel story I linked you to dude? D:

Well the translation error was that, remember, the CCG chief told Arima in the last chap to name the "thing" he obtained and the translator translated it as "Yes", when the actual word in the manga is "Ha I Se". He basically ignored the Se part and just translated Hai as yes.... so ridiculous. I only got to know about it when syx mentioned the rumor in the Kaneki = Haise thread and I showed the raws to Utsune. He confirmed and was all "WTF" dude, so basically we all knew Haise = Kaneki at that point, before the reveal in the manga :XD
Imperial Scans is doing a fine job if you ask me, at least that's how it looks like. Might not be the perfect english, but no mistranslations or something like that.

Time to clarify some thing. Amon was hinted at being alive: http://www.mangareader.net/toukyou-kushu/143/8 (bottom), http://www.mangareader.net/toukyou-kushu/143/9 , http://www.mangareader.net/toukyou-kushu/143/10

Take all this and I'm pretty sure they did experiment with Amon...
Regarding Kaneki, it basically has been confirmed this chap, but I still wonder why so many go on about a possible organ exchange or something. Did Kaneki remember Banjou when he met him? (considering Rize knew him). Did Kaneki develop any traits Rize had in her former life? Heck did he aquire anything from her besides her Kagune and power? No, but Haise got memories (as he clearly remember Nishiki) and is using the same traits as him. Using his fingers to touch his chin when he feels uncomfortable (as you could see during the latest chap) and most obviously the finger cracking. It wouldn't make sense to portray the influence so differently, if it would simply be a matter of transfering organs again. This is no doubt the original Kaneki they tempered with.

You understood that she was Eto that early? :huh That actually is a surprise, I didn't expect her to be Yoshimura's daughter until we saw it. For some reason I always expected a boy, so I didn't see that one coming at all.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

wow that took me some time... :XD

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

I'm sure you're happy about this wall of text friend :4head
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
brb seppuku :4head

or wait-
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
brb seppuku :4head

or wait-
You answer it now? :zomg :4head

---------- Post added December 02, 2014 at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was December 01, 2014 at 12:53 AM ----------

btw did you read the Gintama link I posted? Chances for a new anime look pretty grim =/
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
yeah I did... fucking R I P.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
xi0 on his quest to perfection despite not liking the game much :4head

damn Nuno that Gintama chap again.... can they possibly win this?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
What add-ons do you use?
wow dis pro alrdiii addon?? WTF !!

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

xi0 on his quest to perfection despite not liking the game much :4head

damn Nuno that Gintama chap again.... can they possibly win this?
WHY U SPOIL FUCKMATE!!
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
lol they keep getting more and more owned xD Damn gotta say I'm not entirely on top of all the long names, honestly xD

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Time for Gintoki to pull out the parody card and summon the power of Dragon Balls and restore his body to full power :4head
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Shouldn't be too hard xD I guess you're struggling with Hitotsubashi faction? Basically a famous group inside the castle trying to overthrow Shigeshige (remember the arc I linked you to, the one related to this?) because they had multiple Shoguns in the past I believe, and they want to have a leader from their group again. That's the one you saw in all the bandages who got beat up by Kamui in the beginning. He was in the arc I mentioned but after Kamui beat him in the beginning of the current one, I thought he wouldn't play much of a role.... looks like I was wrong XD

You should know Tendousho and Naraku, or at least I hope so... :XD

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Time for Gintoki to pull out the parody card and summon the power of Dragon Balls and restore his body to full power :4head
No, he will use Mugetsu to slay the Gintama troll. I mean come on, Oboro is kind of like Aizen :kappa
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top