Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluenotebook

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2015
Messages
63
Reaction score
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think there is a difference between a shirtless guy fighting in an action series and a panty shot or going near topless in the first chapter of a hero story. In any case I think you have the wrong idea. I never criticized Food Wars! for it. Don't really see what was so bad about just saying "I don't like it". I didnt even call it a bad manga or something.
That comparison doesn't really make much sense
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That comparison doesn't really make much sense
Its the only reason I can imagine why one would pull up an UQ Holder quote for this discussion :(
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It's about showing body parts that are normally clothed, the comparison works 100%. Aside from the panties it's depicting secondary sexual characteristics, like a muscular development on the breast and arms on men and her growth of breasts.

SharkBait, you act as if that particular opinion of yours is rarely attracting attention, when it almost always does.:^_^ I'm simply waiting for the moment when you badmouth the depiction of male erotism for once instead of focusing on the female chars. Not like there would ever be a need for such critcism to begin with.

Weird how japanese fans have little interest in CavXLaw. :I
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I just read Dance-bu second chapter and I think that it was less atractive than the first one... Well, I think that those principles of dance should be mentioned in some moment and since Eri and Masaharu are completely amateur, they couldn't dance properly right away at all, so it was plausible and it was fun the passion of the captain of the club and when Masaharu had to dance with Rio, but I don't know if it is going to attract the readers... I still believe that it can become a really good manga, but this first part where Eri and Masaharu still don't know anything must be covered carefully to no become uninteresting. They have to learn how to dance, but in an appealing way to the reader.
 
Last edited:

Bluenotebook

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2015
Messages
63
Reaction score
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I liked this second chapter way more than the first. I'm definitely giving this series my attention now.
 

lobito180

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 30, 2014
Messages
45
Reaction score
22
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
So, in the latest ESJ podcast they teased they would make a "quite sensational" announcement in 2 months at Anime Expo... Any guess on what it might be? I would really like for it to be more countries being able to buy Jump...
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So, in the latest ESJ podcast they teased they would make a "quite sensational" announcement in 2 months at Anime Expo... Any guess on what it might be? I would really like for it to be more countries being able to buy Jump...
Print copies of One Punch Man Incoming? Haikyuu!! finally coming here. PSI Saiki Kusuo finally being brought to us loyal readers in the western world? Be still my heart!
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So, in the latest ESJ podcast they teased they would make a "quite sensational" announcement in 2 months at Anime Expo... Any guess on what it might be? I would really like for it to be more countries being able to buy Jump...
Prepare to be disappointed
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I liked this second chapter way more than the first. I'm definitely giving this series my attention now.
I didn't say I didn't like... I'm worried that the common readers don't feel attracted by the manga if it is continues with this lesson-like chapters. I'm always open to learn new things, but there are people, most of them probably, who doesn't have patience for this. What did you like more?

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

So, in the latest ESJ podcast they teased they would make a "quite sensational" announcement in 2 months at Anime Expo... Any guess on what it might be? I would really like for it to be more countries being able to buy Jump...
Anime Expo... I have a vague suspicious that it will be something related to anime. :derp
I think that international Jump will never happen, unfortunately...
 
Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I didn't say I didn't like... I'm worried that the common readers don't feel attracted by the manga if it is continues with this lesson-like chapters. I'm always open to learn new things, but there are people, most of them probably, who doesn't have patience for this. What did you like more?

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Anime Expo... I have a vague suspicious that it will be something related to anime. :derp
I think that international Jump will never happen, unfortunately...
Shonen Jump and Viz usually does lots of manga at anime expo http://www.populationgo.com/anime-expo-2014-viz-media-panel/
 

Mrwhite

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 14, 2015
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
This cover looks very good , would be cool if survives or at last moved
 

lobito180

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 30, 2014
Messages
45
Reaction score
22
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I didn't say I didn't like... I'm worried that the common readers don't feel attracted by the manga if it is continues with this lesson-like chapters. I'm always open to learn new things, but there are people, most of them probably, who doesn't have patience for this. What did you like more?

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Anime Expo... I have a vague suspicious that it will be something related to anime. :derp
I think that international Jump will never happen, unfortunately...
Why would the guys from JUMP team tease a anime related announcement?
And yeah... A guy can dream, right?
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
So, in the latest ESJ podcast they teased they would make a "quite sensational" announcement in 2 months at Anime Expo... Any guess on what it might be? I would really like for it to be more countries being able to buy Jump...
HxH return, anyone? That would actually be the exact same date HxH came back to the mag last year. Though they might not announce that, I don't believe HxH returning to the magazine could be kept quiet for long what's with raws leaking ahead of time and all.
 

Lehran

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
362
Reaction score
493
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I read Sesuji wo Pin! to's chapters 1 and 2. It's a fun and cute read so far, and I'm curious to see where this is going. I hope Japanese readers feel the same way.

But I'm still more curious about Devily-Man, mainly because I know the oneshot was a dark fantasy / comedy story and it seems like an interesting weird mix of genres, that could be very fun with a good writer behind it.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm gonna skip Devily-man, two series is already enough for me and it is the one that appealed me the least since the beginning anyway....

Why would the guys from JUMP team tease a anime related announcement?
And yeah... A guy can dream, right?
Because it is related to Jump? :derp
 

DoctorApollo

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2010
Messages
437
Reaction score
276
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Anime Expo is a con for general Japan anime/manga/gaming stuff, the fact it's at anime expo doesn't make it necessarily about anime. There's plenty of manga-exclusive things in AX.

basically it being at AX doesn't really mean anything regarding whether it'll be anime-related or not.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
So, in the latest ESJ podcast they teased they would make a "quite sensational" announcement in 2 months at Anime Expo... Any guess on what it might be? I would really like for it to be more countries being able to buy Jump...
My prediction is they're gonna pick up the new Dragon Ball Super manga from V Jump
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
When the heck are we going to get more of that ant manga on Jump+? Two chapters in Golden Week then nothing. It was a genius level work...
 

Chipp12

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2009
Messages
88
Reaction score
20
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Russian Federation
I'm kinda new to this but is ESJ staff planning to explain why they haven't included Lady Justice on their podcast/twitter/etc or it's just going to be ignored like this?
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm kinda new to this but is ESJ staff planning to explain why they haven't included Lady Justice on their podcast/twitter/etc or it's just going to be ignored like this?
I don't know... I think it's the first time that it happens? They always ask people to make questions to the podcast on Twitter, someone could ask, but whether they are going to answer or not is another story...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top